Sponsored

2018 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2018 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
So does anyone know if the line has been QA cleared for retail orders yet / "Ok to Order"?
Yes it has. Orders are awaiting shipment :D. So hopefully, they'll get out retail orders out fast! :)

Edit: I hope that means OK to buy has happened! :)
Sponsored

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Has anyone found a car "in transit"? All the OF Mustangs I'm watching are Awaiting Shipment. One of them has been there for over a week now.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone found a car "in transit"? All the OF Mustangs I'm watching are Awaiting Shipment. One of them has been there for over a week now.
All of them I have seen have been awaiting shipment. Maybe the cars are in QC?

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
online now shows 12 cars ordered online for my dealer, with production done or will be done anytime now. still cant figure out why mine was the first ordered through them, i was there the day the banks opened and they submitted and got it accepted as well, yet mine is pushed back to nov 30 build day and so far at least 12 others will arrive way before mine, and im sure even more will arrive first to them.

jimspang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Convertible-Ruby Red
How do you check online for all orders for your dealer? I would like to do that too; your status sounds just like mine.

Sponsored

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
How do you check online for all orders for your dealer? I would like to do that too; your status sounds just like mine.
i just put in my area and pick my dealer, you do it at the ford.com site now, look at the 2018 mustang, build one, then search inventory. i put a 20 mile radius from my zip code and then only picked my dealer, it shows what they have ordered, the ones that have been accepted and either built or ready to be built so far.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
i just put in my area and pick my dealer, you do it at the ford.com site now, look at the 2018 mustang, build one, then search inventory. i put a 20 mile radius from my zip code and then only picked my dealer, it shows what they have ordered, the ones that have been accepted and either built or ready to be built so far.
The dealer I picked doesn't have any mustangs yet. I guess maybe they have all later build dates for their stock? Hopefully, we'll start seeing them on the roads soon. And they'll start cranking out retail orders :)

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
@disneyfun1 yea we got screwed by Ford's ordering process. Cars ordered after ours either already built or being built soon. So much for first come first serve.
Agreed!

Sponsored

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=9040]disneyfun1[/MENTION] yea we got screwed by Ford's ordering process. Cars ordered after ours either already built or being built soon. So much for first come first serve.
Bill from CJ pony parts is Awaiting shipment. And he ordered his in August.

I just want mine before January! Then I'm all good. But somehow I doubt that will happen. My dealer said sometime in December. :/. Hoping Ford gets them out faster than they thought they would. Once they start accepting Retail orders.

why not

never fast enough
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2018 gt fastback (ordered 7/28/17)
I just found out that my car still doesn't have a VIN assigned to it. I ordered my car July 28th and I told them I wanted an early delivery spot. My dealer has several 2018 cars ready to ship out as soon as QC releases them. I will be lucky to have mine before January! WTF! They placed mine as a retail order because they said "the early cars have quality issues"! Really? a mid cycle refresh and they are worried about quality? I'm disgusted! If I could find a dealer that wasn't gouging for the GT350, I would buy one and they can convert my "retail order" to a Stock order!

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
online now shows 12 cars ordered online for my dealer, with production done or will be done anytime now. still cant figure out why mine was the first ordered through them, i was there the day the banks opened and they submitted and got it accepted as well, yet mine is pushed back to nov 30 build day and so far at least 12 others will arrive way before mine, and im sure even more will arrive first to them.
Call the dealer and ask why yours got pushed back.

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I just found out that my car still doesn't have a VIN assigned to it. I ordered my car July 28th and I told them I wanted an early delivery spot. My dealer has several 2018 cars ready to ship out as soon as QC releases them. I will be lucky to have mine before January! WTF! They placed mine as a retail order because they said "the early cars have quality issues"! Really? a mid cycle refresh and they are worried about quality? I'm disgusted! If I could find a dealer that wasn't gouging for the GT350, I would buy one and they can convert my "retail order" to a Stock order!
It seems there are a lot of people that are in the same spot as you are. Mine has been a retail since the get go. In fact, my dealer doesn't have ANY stock orders in the Ford system. So I'm just not sure how this is going to go. But I'll stick with it. They were nothing but nice to me.

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium / Iconic Silver 10 Speed Auto
BULLSHIT

Agreed! I don't understand either.
I ordered mine on Aug 21. 2017 and haven't heard a word. I also traded in my 2015 on that date and haven't heard squat. I call every Tuesday and Thursday still get it's waiting in the order bank.

Deysha if you monitor this site please review our orders.
Sponsored