Sponsored

Anyone want to see a BW top mount twin kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'm not a huge fan.. but we've had an overwhelming number of folks ask us to produce one. We can hit roughly the same price point as the other big name top mount kit, and we can do it with nice stainless manifolds, and very little piping. Nothing under the sub-frame to scrape. Lots of heat wrap and coatings. Lol
Sponsored

iSpy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Four wheels
I'm not a huge fan.. but we've had an overwhelming number of folks ask us to produce one. We can hit roughly the same price point as the other big name top mount kit, and we can do it with nice stainless manifolds, and very little piping. Nothing under the sub-frame to scrape. Lots of heat wrap and coatings. Lol
Any idea on when we will be seeing this mock up?:D

Memphis9s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP
I would love to see someone making a twin kit using the Borg Warner EFR turbos with integrated waste gates and and recirculators eliminating the need for external W/G's and BOV

Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I would love to see someone making a twin kit using the Borg Warner EFR turbos with integrated waste gates and and recirculators eliminating the need for external W/G's and BOV
Borgs are beastly and stupid reliable. That'd be neat

iSpy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Four wheels
Why are folks so hung up on a single kit? We have an entry level kit that will make 1200hp and costs the same as what a single kit would cost. I just don't see the advantage.
I just want a beautiful top mount :cheers: are you planning on having the turbos directly in front of the engine or off to the side?

Sponsored

15dib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
The people want a single kit, the people have spoken.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I like the idea of a top mounted kit because I'm paranoid about bottom mounted turbos. Not so much that they will get struck by something but more along the lines of water getting into the turbo. Not that I go mudding with my Mustang, on occasion you are faced with a shallow puddle when it rains hard. It is that time where I would be nervous as heck that the water level would be too high and drawn in water. Not sure what water would do to a turbo exactly but I have some really good idea (water impingement and thermal stress).

Thoughts on that?

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I like the idea of a top mounted kit because I'm paranoid about bottom mounted turbos. Not so much that they will get struck by something but more along the lines of water getting into the turbo. Not that I go mudding with my Mustang, on occasion you are faced with a shallow puddle when it rains hard. It is that time where I would be nervous as heck that the water level would be too high and drawn in water. Not sure what water would do to a turbo exactly but I have some really good idea (water impingement and thermal stress).

Thoughts on that?
This has been discussed many times the turbo's sit about 3 - 4 inches above the k member and the filters sit up beside the oil pan almost in line with the starter. I highly doubt you would be driving threw a puddle that deep, and if that was the case you might consider getting a truck as your daily driver and leave the mustang in the garage for sunny days.:thumbsup:

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Pic attached.
20155861_670799929790935_1767189150168854920_n.jpg

OP
OP

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

Thoughts on that?
No issue at all. Any water puddle will turn into spray/mist. Even if if were to get sucked up, it would instantly atomize and if anything, help to lower charge air temps through evaporative cooling.

You would have to drive through flood water that's up past your door sills before it becomes an issue.

As for water on metal, the catalytic converters get much hotter than the turbos, and they sit pretty much in the same spot. They are made of 16 gauge 409 stainless.

Honestly, we've done it this way for over 10 years on various cars, and never had any issues. :)

Travis
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.