Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
So as I eluded too, I fitted some cheap Chinese plastic to my car today:

Coin, phone, pack of cigs door holders before and after:

Always annoyed me how the door handles had no bottom, well now they do, very handy for my phone and closing / opening door is no more difficult.

Plastic covers for door hinge/lock before and after:

The plastic hinge / lock covers tidy up the stuff you can't see so rather pointless but they were like ÂŁ2, so why not.

The door pockets are more function over form, but in real life not really noticeable but rather handy, think they were like a fiver.

I got some real carbon front things like V8 Motor, can't see how they attach without being pikey'd in minutes, shame to cover the carbon, looks lovely but would have to paint I think.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I got some real carbon front things like V8 Motor, can't see how they attach without being pikey'd in minutes, shame to cover the carbon, looks lovely but would have to paint I think.
You're fitting them in the wrong place they go just on the very bottom of the indicator, otherwise there's jhuge gaps. I thought they'd fit in the lip next to the indicator, but it doesn't... it fits above it, annoyingly.

I'm repainting mine gloss black i think they look badass on the car :lol:

Yes they fit just under the bottom of the coplus "Nipple light" as tested it on Adi's car(kraken).

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You're fitting them in the wrong place they go just on the very bottom of the indicator, otherwise there's jhuge gaps. I thought they'd fit in the lip next to the indicator, but it doesn't... it fits above it, annoyingly.

I'm repainting mine gloss black i think they look badass on the car :lol:

Yes they fit just under the bottom of the coplus "Nipple light" as tested it on Adi's car(kraken).

That is exactly where I trialled fitted them:

See image unless I am miss understanding you?

So use adhesive tape against indicator and a touch in the bumper recess where they sit.

I will plastidip mine to match the dark plastics as no gloss on my car around the bottom or trim. Or maybe just leave CF as its low key against magnetic.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
You're missunderstanding, you've placed right side in the hole on the power line next to the grille.... there's too much gap there between it... I placed them a little up so the main bit where your thumb is holding sits on the indicator with 3m tape.

Sponsored

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Packed up the car and checked over everything for my UK roadtrip.

North Sea Ferry tomorrow night, then:

Thursday - DreamScience for a DynoRun

Sunday - Annual Mustang show, should have a decent convoy of 6 cars for a run down the A1

Monday - ModUrStang! Bonnet vents with LED indicators, Roush Coilovers, light tints, BMR lockout cradles :)

Sweeet!

KevD

0-60 Instructor Team DS.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
bob
Vehicle(s)
balls
Packed up the car and checked over everything for my UK roadtrip.

North Sea Ferry tomorrow night, then:

Thursday - DreamScience for a DynoRun

Sunday - Annual Mustang show, should have a decent convoy of 6 cars for a run down the A1

Monday - ModUrStang! Bonnet vents with LED indicators, Roush Coilovers, light tints, BMR coilovers :)

Sweeet!
Pity you can't come to the Fling meet!

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
Man, I know you will, post the results ;)

Sponsored

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Man, I know you will, post the results ;)
I certainly shall. I think DreamScience have a 'Mustang Dyno' which is a 'sad dyno', so wont necessarily produce the biggest numbers. Plus my bum dyno has been nagging me lately, I think the cars a bit slower than it used to be. LOL!

Will post up the results regardless. Hoping to see a nice smooth curve if nothing else.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
non paint related...kinda...

Began painting another set of engine covers. Ruby red this time, expensive fricking paint that is, Actually is really easy to paint it on regardless of guides and experts saying otherwise with the ground coat (as it's a 2 part paint) going on wrong in parts and leaving odd lines.

Anyway, when i wasn't painting i was drilling holes in my car for weight reduc.... no, no i wasn't, my hood vent started to peel up, so Michael Scott sorted me out some metal brackets which are keeping the feckers in place. I've spoke to Mike (Modurstang) about it, and i'll arrange to go down and see him at some point for a more permanent solution:

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I certainly shall. I think DreamScience have a 'Mustang Dyno' which is a 'sad dyno', so wont necessarily produce the biggest numbers. Plus my bum dyno has been nagging me lately, I think the cars a bit slower than it used to be. LOL!

Will post up the results regardless. Hoping to see a nice smooth curve if nothing else.

Get your logger monitoring knock sensor, when I thought mine felt slower, it was because knock sensor was going off with false knock, worth checking just in case. Though was only present on WOT through gears.

Do a 0-100 run, should be about 10s flat in a manual with your mods on a good run, anything beyond 11s and maybe you got a gremlin.

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Get your logger monitoring knock sensor, when I thought mine felt slower, it was because knock sensor was going off with false knock, worth checking just in case. Though was only present on WOT through gears.

Do a 0-100 run, should be about 10s flat in a manual with your mods on a good run, anything beyond 11s and maybe you got a gremlin.
Ill see if I can find the time/place to do a 0-100 tomorrow. Knock is fine, always a lovely -2 through -10!

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ill see if I can find the time/place to do a 0-100 tomorrow. Knock is fine, always a lovely -2 through -10!
Probably just placebo then, if your making same spark now as you did before, should be going just as quick.

As the saying goes you can never have enough power and well you just end up getting used to it, hence why the mod bug never ends.
Sponsored