Sponsored

Presenting the AWE Mustang GT Exhaust Suite. Available now as dual or quad tip!

LoveMyWheels

LoveMyWheels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Volker
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Base, Automatic Transmision
If you are asking about the AWE Touring catback on an otherwise stock Mustang GT, most people say there is "zero" drone. I would rather call it well controlled, since even the stock exhaust has a slight drone around 2200 rpm. It is entirely acceptable in daily driving. Check out my video at

Use a good headset when listening.

How’s the drone on an automatic 3.15?
Sponsored

LarsenGrind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2017 Euro-Spec GT
Any news on the touring quad-version? I love the sound as is now, but would love the look and sound of a quad system even more.:headbang:

TYGT350

Nope, not a GT350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue Mustang GT PP
RIP headphone users
Finally got some soundclips of my AWE track and catless longtubes thanks to my dyno run that made my ear drums burst, sorry for the shaky camera, it was me trying to cover my ears and record lmao for anyone thats wondering, it made 430whp and 398wtq with the mods in my sig. :cheers:

Cammed Idle video as well:
Well this gives me a preview of what mine will sound like. I'm scared for my neighbors! Lol

racered_ppGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Well this gives me a preview of what mine will sound like. I'm scared for my neighbors! Lol
you have the touring so it shouldnt be too bad then! haha my cold starts are actually fairly quiet, my neighbors say they dont really hear it when i do drive it to work in the morning. I think theyre just saying that because theyre glad i got rid of my roush with an xpipe setup with the longtubes, that shit was extreme :lol:

you have to either PM me a video or post it in here because im thinking about buying the touring rear muffler section to get rid of my drone but i dont want to lose to much of my loudness so im curious as to how it sounds with catless longtubes lol

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
you have the touring so it shouldnt be too bad then! haha my cold starts are actually fairly quiet, my neighbors say they dont really hear it when i do drive it to work in the morning. I think theyre just saying that because theyre glad i got rid of my roush with an xpipe setup with the longtubes, that shit was extreme :lol:

you have to either PM me a video or post it in here because im thinking about buying the touring rear muffler section to get rid of my drone but i dont want to lose to much of my loudness so im curious as to how it sounds with catless longtubes lol
Hey man do you happen to have any cold start clips ?

Sponsored

racered_ppGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase

racered_ppGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
And that's track not Touring right ? I think my Roush catless is louder but it's hard to tell cause I start my car in a garage.
yeah its the track, your roush is definitely louder, before this i had a roush axleback, res delete xpipe and the catless headers and it was insane, IMO the AWE has a much better tone below 2500-3000rpm but WOT the roush was fantastic lol i do miss the no drone of the roush though

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
I'm not happy Josh ........

The "SwitchPath" comes with 2 Blow Pops!!

I'm really happy with my Touring though, great looking system and a great sound. I've deliberately run it in 6th gear (mine's an auto) at 80kmh and 110kmh and there is no drone.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost, GT
I'm not happy Josh ........

The "SwitchPath" comes with 2 Blow Pops!!

I'm really happy with my Touring though, great looking system and a great sound. I've deliberately run it in 6th gear (mine's an auto) at 80kmh and 110kmh and there is no drone.
Ha! The SwitchPath™ Remote Kit comes in its own little package.

Proceed in 6th gear with confidence! :cool:

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
2nd gear pull with pypes catted LTHs:
[ame]

TYGT350

Nope, not a GT350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue Mustang GT PP
Not a very high quality video but here is a quick run through second gear. Used a GoPro 4 mounted to the bumper.

See Josh's post

Last edited:
OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost, GT
Not a very high quality video but here is a quick run through second gear. Used a GoPro 4 mounted to the bumper.

Thanks for sharing!

Fixed the vid for ya. :cheers:

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]6OQV5zsFLS4[/MEDIA]"]AWE Touring Edition Cat-back[/ame]
Sponsored