Sponsored

Official: 2018 Mustang GT Has 460HP, 0-60MPH in Under 4.0 Secs; EcoBoost Sub 5-Secs

buymycar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT base. Roush axleback and frpp xpipe.
Great news, but still not a fan of the looks. It's good, but not great. I willing to bet tree-fiddy that it will no require premium gas only. Regardless, that thing is a beast and we are living in amazing times. Is the Camaro SS or Mustang GT going to hit the 500 hp mark first?
Sponsored

Gman

Gman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic Mustang
Werd on the hp rating.

With their teaser pic of 455 on the speed it was damn close and close what I thought it was going to be as well.

Last edited:

buymycar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT base. Roush axleback and frpp xpipe.
Really question how reliable the new transmission will be with the drag mode. Wonder if this will be like the GTRs, and if using the drag mode will void the warranty.

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Not apples to apples due to new features of the 2018 and whatnot, but I don't think us 2015-2017 owners need to feel too bad about power; we're knocking out around 460hp/420tq with just the FRPP Stage 2 intake/tune. Sure we don't have a 10 speed or a revised manual, but it's still pretty damn quick for its price.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Really question how reliable the new transmission will be with the drag mode. Wonder if this will be like the GTRs, and if using the drag mode will void the warranty.
IIRC, the original GTRs with the single clutch transmissions, were the ones that voided the warranty if you used L.C. I think that's gone with the DCTs.

Anyways, the 10spd auto is a slush-box, so I'd doubt any warranty voiding.

Sponsored

Gman

Gman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic Mustang
IIRC, the original GTRs with the single clutch transmissions, were the ones that voided the warranty if you used L.C. I think that's gone with the DCTs.

Anyways, the 10spd auto is a slush-box, so I'd doubt any warranty voiding.
Plus the slomaros use same tranny as well.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
For sale: 2015-17 mustang. Pretty face, slow, perfect for your grandma!

(Sorry current owners, you had it coming! ):D
We're driving 435+HP Mustangs, and have been awhile. What have you been driving?

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Ecoboost premium
Hoping they made some improvements to the EB engines. Adding TQ otherwise sounds dangerous.

Like everything about the new car but the nose. Someone comes out with a better front bumper and I am in.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Not apples to apples due to new features of the 2018 and whatnot, but I don't think us 2015-2017 owners need to feel too bad about power; we're knocking out around 460hp/420tq with just the FRPP Stage 2 intake/tune. Sure we don't have a 10 speed or a revised manual, but it's still pretty damn quick for its price.

Just imagine the 18-20s with the FRPP Stage 2 tune. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

S550Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350; 2018 Focus RS
Probably will get through a 20-minute HPDE session as well.
Not without the coolers the GT350 has on it's tranny and diff (and larger engine coolers). Maybe in Michigan, but definitely not in the hotter climates.
There has been no word yet on such coolers for the GT track pack. And it would be expensive.

Which brings me to a point about the GT350.... hundreds of parts are different, optimized. I was hands-on at a press event last year looking thru all these parts and even the front and rear spindles are different on the GT350. Better, yes. Why not use the same parts on the non-GT350 cars to save development and production costs and give the rest of us better ______ (handling, braking, integrity, etc)? I asked the Mustang product team these questions without any answer... other than a sly look when I said that the magnetorheological shocks needed to be a GT option. Why not the entire rear spindle set to enable real brakes on the back of the GT instead of this embarrassing single piston iron caliper (not too different front the first rear-disc braked Mustang in 1984)? Remember the Camaro has the option of coolers across the board: diff, tranny, more oi8l and water cooling for the engine. And 4-piston Brembos out back to match the front 4- or 6-piston. Where are those options for us? And it had the mag shocks from the start.

So right now these two architectures for Mustangs are costing us. A less competent car for GT owners, a more expensive cost for GT350 owners. And both less competitive.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0

The R35-gen GTR always had a dual-clutch transmission. It's been updated pretty much every year however.

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SRT Hellcat A8, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
My original guess was exactly 460
I'm very content with my 2ss camaro but glad to hear Ford is stepping it up!

I wonder what the new curbweight will be?
Sponsored