Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
That's one thing I thought I would miss about the Mustang, all the room but the car fits me well. Those Recaro's are just perfect. If there was a Fiesta RS I wouldn't even think twice about buying one.

Hardly trying to brag, but just pointing out that these cars are far more than just some cheap boring hatch like many make them out to be. I left my ST test drive smiling more than I did a GT PP. I'm all about the whole RWD V8 manual thing and always will be, but I haven't missed it yet. There's something to be said about being able to redline third gear without risking jail time.

Cars like these are important to the line up, I'm sure I am far from the only ST owner looking to upgrade when the right Mustang comes along. It was hard to justify a 2017 GT when the 18's have some options I've really been looking forward to.
As they say, it is more fun to drive a slow car fast than it is to drive a fast car slowly.
Sponsored

raidn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Perf Pack + 1968 302 Coupe
I plan to order the orange fury PP with black roof, then I will paint the hood vents black. Can't wait!
That is my plan as well. Wish I could get a GT350 but alas, my wife just had a baby so there goes that dream, haha. A 2018 GT PP will be fun too!

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Contacted two dealerships on Monday, but they wouldn't say anything about when I can orders one. And btw I'm committed to buying a 2018 Mustang, will go with a GT Premium with PP and all available goodies. :D

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
That is my plan as well. Wish I could get a GT350 but alas, my wife just had a baby so there goes that dream, haha. A 2018 GT PP will be fun too!
I have been driving a 2004 Pathfinder since I sold my WRX STI (2.5 years ago). I will just be happy to drive a proper performance car again.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Contacted two dealerships on Monday, but they wouldn't say anything about when I can orders one. And btw I'm committed to buying a 2018 Mustang, will go with a GT Premium with PP and all available goodies. :D
My dealer keeps saying not till fall, but they don't keep up with the rumor mill.

Sponsored

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
My dealer gave me the same run around, basically only saying they expect order banks to open in the next month and to check back in "a few weeks" when they get more info.

PortalMaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Lexus IS300 AWD
My dealer gave me the same run around, basically only saying they expect order banks to open in the next month and to check back in "a few weeks" when they get more info.
That's because Ford is being "hush-hush" with dealers too. The same stuff that's being leaked on these forums is typically the most any dealer might possibly know as this point as well. When the vehicle's training guides become available for the sales staff, that's when we know we're closer to being able to actually order/see said vehicles. :cheers:

My GM was bugging me almost weekly about ordering him a loaded 2018 Convertible GT. As soon as I reminded him that convertibles come out later than coupes he was like, "Oh yeeaah, :frusty: you're right! ... DAMN!"

VenomousSVT

about to take the plunge
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger WideBody ScatPack
These are my favorite as well. Hoping Ford is saving those wheels for some sort of performance package with magnaride that they havent shared with us yet!
its funny cause those wheels look like my wheels on my Focus...LOL

attachment.png

c11b60c36666d11b118fb075016cfdcb.jpg

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
So you're saying the July 24th order date might be bs? Also let's say on a $40k Mustang GT what's the realistic below invoice price one could get? I get X plan through work and if I got an extra $1000-$2000 off from that I'd be happy.
In for this answer. I get x plan through work and plan on dropping 3-5k to get the out the door amount to my per month price point at 72 months.

Would like the 2018 Mustang GT Premium in OF w/ PP for out the door 42-44k.

bigtexhand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I was wondering if the dealers will even HONOR the A , X, or Z plans for the first 6 months.When they returned with the 5.0 mustangs my Houston area dealer told me they wouldn't honor my Z plan price because of initial demand.
Of course within a few months they were calling me asking if I was still interested in one with my discount.:doh:
Also if you're curious about what the A,X,and Z plans save just look at Detroit area dealers ( EX.Pat Milliken Ford ). Since most people there get the employee A & Z they just list them on the sites.

Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Here is the big picture... You be Krazy with a capital K if you buy the first run of this new engine. This is the big reason why I waited till later years for every car I've bought.

98 cobra instead of 96/97
'04 Cobra instead of '03
'14 GT500 instead of '13
16 GT instead of '15

I like to play poker, but I also would like to get a look at the flop before I go all in...

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
Here is the big picture... You be Krazy with a capital K if you buy the first run of this new engine. This is the big reason why I waited till later years for every car I've bought.

98 cobra instead of 96/97
'04 Cobra instead of '03
'14 GT500 instead of '13
16 GT instead of '15
So, which one of those first MY engines were crap and how did they fix them the next year?
To keep this thread more relevant, what changed in the '16 GT engine compared to the '15?

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
So, which one of those first MY engines were crap and how did they fix them the next year?
To keep this thread more relevant, what changed in the '16 GT engine compared to the '15?
I don't think anything to the engine.

They did change the front strut mounts I believe due to noise / questionable durability.

Didn't they make another couple minor suspension tweaks?

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
I know the 2017 model doesn't have any issues with the AC evaporator....

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium

Nothing really. But look at the 99 cobra debacle. The point I was making is that I like to see how something is going to perform before I throw down on it. Not that anything was wrong with the prior year.
Sponsored