Sponsored

Is this an issue with my GT350 or an issue with my tune?

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
mine had what i'd call rev hang, but it didn't rev up like alton's seems to be doing. i can't imagine this being anything but tune related. i now have a lund FF tune and mine does not do this at all
Sponsored

OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
It seems like it is rev matching but very weird, if you can't get in touch with the tuner go back to stock.
Definitely. I need to see if the ngauge saved the stock tune like it said it did during the flash. I've looked over the SD card and don't recall seeing a stock tune, but I'm going to have to check again this morning.

Keeping an eye on this as I also wanted to go Lund. A lot of people here have Lund software on their cars so maybe someone can contribute...

Interesting OP says it was hard to do dyno pulls! Why? Was it hard stock? I'm asking this, because as soon as the brake in is over, and after the oil change, I'm planning to do a dyno on stock and then another one after headers + lund and see if there is any difference...
Yeah the guy at the dyno shop tried to do a dyno pull from 5th gear @ 2000 RPMs like he does in his GT350, but my car hesitated when going WOT from that gear/RPM.

I'll bet it's the tune. A little different but when I did heads and cam to my C5 Z06, I had really bad rev hang in the higher gears. It took a few trips back to the tuner to get it worked out. Hopefully Lund comes through.
Agreed. Seems like tuners are extremely busy these days so trying to get some help ASAP is a bit difficult. I guess this just comes along with the tuning world. Hoping to hear something back today.

mine had what i'd call rev hang, but it didn't rev up like alton's seems to be doing. i can't imagine this being anything but tune related. i now have a lund FF tune and mine does not do this at all
Did you have a normal Lund tune at first when it was rev hanging?

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Did you have a normal Lund tune at first when it was rev hanging?
both my 16GTPP and the 350 had the FF tune. i found in reading that what i was feeling was normal and built into the cars to assist driving...amplified by the tune and e85. is that true? no idea...i was told i could tell lund to turn it off though, but i wrecked the 16 before i got the chance.

in the 350 it does not do it as bad, just a little jumpy with e85 until warmed up. definitely nothing like what you have going on. but i didn't like shifting to 6th due to this in the 16

OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
both my 16GTPP and the 350 had the FF tune. i found in reading that what i was feeling was normal and built into the cars to assist driving...amplified by the tune and e85. is that true? no idea...i was told i could tell lund to turn it off though, but i wrecked the 16 before i got the chance.

in the 350 it does not do it as bad, just a little jumpy with e85 until warmed up. definitely nothing like what you have going on. but i didn't like shifting to 6th due to this in the 16
Very interesting. Yeah I still haven't heard from Lund just yet, and it's been raining all day so I'm kind of just stuck at the moment waiting. Thanks for the input though man!

OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Just drove on Lund's same tune to try reproducing it but couldnt. I was planning on switching back to the stock one after reproducing it but I couldn't for some reason. Hoping for some clarification soon.

Sponsored

OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Alright, so Lund sent me a tune revision, essentially just disabling the clutch assist DBW switch, which basically hangs the RPMs a little in between gear shifts. I have to say I absolutely hated having that feature disabled, so I went back to Revision 3. With this switch turned off, each time you shift the gear it feels like the car is bucking because the RPMs are just dropping immediately.

I haven't reproduced this issue as of yet since reflashing back to Revision 3. Lund said that Ford has the RPMs to hang for 10 seconds before dropping and his revision had basically reduced that to 0 seconds, which explains the bucking a little.

No clue what I'm going to do if the issue persists. May just have to talk to another tuner just to get their perspective at some point. I'm extremely happy with Lund, but it wouldn't hurt to explore options a bit.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
your's weren't hanging though, they were actually revving higher, right?

OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
your's weren't hanging though, they were actually revving higher, right?
Yup. I asked Lund specifically about it jumping instead of hanging. So this is what I asked him:

Hmm. What about this starting to happen for the first time though since I've had the car? Got 20k miles on the car. I'm not sure if the logs show it but the video does -- it doesn't seem like the RPMs were just hanging at their current RPM in between gears, but the car was actually revving higher. Is that still considered RPM hanging too or is that something completely different?
From Lund:

If you clutch in and the RPMS hang or climb it is Ford's Logic to reduce drive line clunk. Nothing in the tune is causing it.
Also from him:

It is only new on 15+ The only control I have of it is time in assist. OEM is a long time 10 seconds. I drop it to zero seconds. If it was 2-3 seconds it would hang for that time then shut off.

Sponsored

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
i've had nothing but a good experience with lund...that said, the answer provided there would not satisfy me. i might ask to try a couple seconds hang, instead of going from 10 to 0...if that didn't work i'd be swapping tuners

OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
i've had nothing but a good experience with lund...that said, the answer provided there would not satisfy me. i might ask to try a couple seconds hang, instead of going from 10 to 0...if that didn't work i'd be swapping tuners
Yup. This is exactly what I'm feeling.

VoodooStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
-
Vehicle(s)
-
Aftermarket software

If you damage or blow the engine with aftermarket software while the car is under warranty it's yours. Ford won't honor the warranty. There is a counter in the software showing the change. Good luck.

OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
If you damage or blow the engine with aftermarket software while the car is under warranty it's yours. Ford won't honor the warranty. There is a counter in the software showing the change. Good luck.
Not to sound like a dick and I do appreciate your feedback, but I'm sure most people that tune their cars here know this lol.

VoodooStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
-
Vehicle(s)
-
Aftermarket software

And some figure it out when they have to go in their pocket for $25,000. Hard to sell a new car with a voided warranty. Good luck.
Sponsored