OP
OP
RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange PP
No i have the car back as of today they tuned it when the shop was 100 degrees also high humidity. It made 451/360 on x-85 which tested to e-83. I was looking for about 470 rwhp but they said the heat and my heavy ass rear wheels and tires held it back. My rear wheels and tires weigh 62lbs each.. the car is alot better then it was very fast & smooth, at 8100 rpm it made 31 degrees of timing!! Corrected conditions ie proper air quality should hit somewhere near 470 rwhp. Next Wednesday she goes to the track ( the real dyno) to see how she does! I gotta get a set of weld wheels for the track!
I get it... my PP wheels are heavy also.... I attempted to order wheels and tires today and just now found out I have to wait a month......

Should lose 10lbs per wheel.... That may help.

Heat will kill power on a dyno, remember its just a tool. How much did you gain from base on their dyno? Was it 477 before?
Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
I get it... my PP wheels are heavy also.... I attempted to order wheels and tires today and just now found out I have to wait a month......

Should lose 10lbs per wheel.... That may help.

Heat will kill power on a dyno, remember its just a tool. How much did you gain from base on their dyno? Was it 477 before?
No jpc over stated their numbers on their tune. The car only ran a 12.7 @ 112mph with a 1.8 60, so something was up! So i took it to rev auto they found the vacuum lines were all wrong on my gt-350 intake manifold and the cam timing was all wrong. Adam put their tune on the dyno it made 350/305 worst then stock! Jpc's dyno sheet showed 455 rwhp and i was told by the owner their dyno reads %5 lower then other dynos! Their dyno sheet started its reading at 5000 rpm and i knew that was all bad! But it was the track performance that told the real story! Any how I'm only stating what happened jpc installed all my parts perfectly other then the manifold vacuum lines, the tune was fubar!

Jpc Dyno:

rev auto dyno:

Last edited:
OP
OP
RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i dont care what anyone says 31 degrees at 8100rpm is insane!
I carry 31.3 until 7950 where we shut it down.... I'm keeping it under 8000 for safety, don't want any issues. Power was still climbing at that point.

OP
OP
RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dominant1 glad to see you got it sorted out. Sorry things went down like that but it should feel like a new car now with 100whp more!

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just came back from a little criuse, jumped on it real hard car just pulls so hard now really launches ... the car feels so much more precise it does exactly what its suppose to do!! Loving it!

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
No i have the car back as of today they tuned it when the shop was 100 degrees also high humidity. It made 451/360 on x-85 which tested to e-83. I was looking for about 470 rwhp but they said the heat and my heavy ass rear wheels and tires held it back. My rear wheels and tires weigh 62lbs each.. the car is alot better then it was very fast & smooth, at 8100 rpm it made 31 degrees of timing!! Corrected conditions ie proper air quality should hit somewhere near 470 rwhp. Next Wednesday she goes to the track ( the real dyno) to see how she does! I gotta get a set of weld wheels for the track!
Thanks for the update. Your torque seems a bit low. I think their dyno may be a bit stingy. My car only made 440's on their dynojet. I was missing the heatshield for the intake though. (my fault). On the street the car didn't get very hot because it was moving but on the dyno the heatshield keeps the header heat from being drawn into the intake. Adam made a make shift shield with cardboard to pick up 10whp. After I got the car back from them I put the PMAS shield back in and got my current numbers on my friends dynojet.

veeefour

Troll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
I seems to a bit low. You can get corrected number for hot conditions - works good. 31 degrees is not something stellar - my current tune holds 30-31 from 5000 up to 8000 rpm SOLID.

I would gladly install my cams but I can't get a fookin balancer bolt anywhere :frusty:

Scott Wilson

s550 is life
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Id probably go find another dyo in the area and run it again

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
OP
OP
RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nobody has'em - they are on back-order since 6 months. Trying to get a stock one but this is not easy either...:frusty:
I told you, that is why we had to buy a Ford bolt until they come in. You should be fine doing that.

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
Isn't it ARP 156-2502? Those bolts can be found on Ebay.