What did you do to your UK S550 Mustang Today

simonp83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT S550
I was never a fan of the S197, the later years though, especially the 2014, have definitely grown on me though over the last couple of years.
Sponsored

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Just had my wheel alignment done
IMG_1822.JPG

downthepub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miles
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, VW California
I was never a fan of the S197, the later years though, especially the 2014, have definitely grown on me though over the last couple of years.
I started off wanting a late model 2013 S197 GT but that idea was smacked down by the wife who refused to drive anything LHD.... So sigh. Just had to get the newer car in RHD instead :)

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
Having owned both I can assure you the s550 is a better car. Well, that's my opinion for what it's worth....

The 550 just feels more taught and planted and isn't wallowy in stock trim like the 197 is.

downthepub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miles
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, VW California
Yeah, driven 5 or 6 S197 examples in North America down the years. Pre and post facelift cars with the last being a Coyote V8 from Avis in Calgary. That's the first thing I noticed when I drive an S550 (also in Calgary, a V6 'vert), that the newer car felt so much more sophisticated and European to drive than the previous model.

Back in 2007 in Dallas, my wife drove a V6 S197 I had on long term rent from Avis. Her first comment, "This is so much rougher than the BMW to drive". The BMW she referred to was my much loved '89 635CSi. She was right. Personally I like the rough charm of the older cars.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
oddly this time, not mine, i've been doing some work for myself and other owners from facebook.

1) engine bay respray, red fuse box, black and red engine cover and black rad cover

2) black and green howler badge (Bubble wrap seemed to react with the paint the last time so corrected it and turned out better than the first one (lol)

3) v6 decklid repainted gloss black with the stripes painted full colour, the blue is such a nice blue, it's super deep blue and is hard to pick it up on camera but it's a super deep rich blue. It needs 2k lacquering before it's finished, no idea what to do with it yet.

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Haven't actually done anything....

But ordered a full set of Baer 2 piece discs then cancelled it:D
Then ordered a full set of Willwood 2 piece discs
A GT350 strut brace
A full set of pads

And some other stuff that I can't remember.....:D

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Haven't actually done anything....

But ordered a full set of Baer 2 piece discs then cancelled it:D
Then ordered a full set of Willwood 2 piece discs
A GT350 strut brace
A full set of pads

And some other stuff that I can't remember.....:D
My MTEC disc got collected for 2nd time haha. I think your gonna have more luck!

Got a link to the Wilwoods?
Which pads you go for? Like I say I ended up with G-Loc GS1 as my concern was low dust, maybe a bad idea now with the track day coming up as they say not recommended for track use, lol.

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Easier to give you a call:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Scuffed alloy resprayed, back on the car, battery is now dead, think tilt sensor was on for too long.

Sponsored

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
After being without my car for a week I decided to take it for a long spin on any country road I could find in my area. 50 minutes later I've burned a hell of a lot of fuel and feel refreshed and in the best mood I've been in for a long while.

Night driving always puts a smile on my face!

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
picked up mustang from detailers today as usual he had a nice selection of cars in.
IMG_20170623_170226.jpg

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang | V8 | Grabber Blue
After being without my car for a week I decided to take it for a long spin on any country road I could find in my area. 50 minutes later I've burned a hell of a lot of fuel and feel refreshed and in the best mood I've been in for a long while.

Night driving always puts a smile on my face!
I just did the same - up and down a few carriage ways and country roads.

Tried a few very disappointing 0-60 attempts. So much wheel spin. - the launch control is useless as it only goes down to 3000rpm. Maybe try feathering it without dumping the clutch out of launch control next time.
Or just change my Technique to a controlled burnout instead of a fast 0-60 cuz it's just Not happening :)

Last edited:

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Well, in an unexpected turn of events, i sold my car today! Call last night came through from a guy who saw my autotrader ad, came to view it today and its gone! A sad moment but it looked good driving away :cool:

Very nice chap - Gary, who i'm hoping will join the forum very soon. I must say it feels great knowing that its going to a good home :) very happy day, and timing couldnt be better - GT will be on the drive by the end of the week!

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Well, in an unexpected turn of events, i sold my car today! Call last night came through from a guy who saw my autotrader ad, came to view it today and its gone! A sad moment but it looked good driving away :cool:

Very nice chap - Gary, who i'm hoping will join the forum very soon. I must say it feels great knowing that its going to a good home :) very happy day, and timing couldnt be better - GT will be on the drive by the end of the week!
Congrats mate, you could not of timed that any better :thumbsup:
Sponsored