Sponsored

First oil change, which oil do you recommend for EcoBoost?

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

I have read that ford recommends 91-93 for the full rated power. I dont have the manual infront of me so I cant double check, exactly what the manual says.

There is also nothing wrong with running 87 in your car
If you wanted to put 87 in the tank, you probably shouldn't have bought a turbo performance car. This car absolutely SUCKS with 87. No way around it.

Don't be like the guy who was interested in getting a tune and running ONLY 87 with that tune. What a waste.
Sponsored

Turbong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR EB 6MT PP Recaros
I read the manual and it states in plain English 87 is recommended. As why you probably shouldn't use 87 on turbo cars well you should just google that.

DUNDEM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base EB PP
If it helps.

Ran Rotella T6, PUP, Motul. Currently running motul because I like the name. PUP works great especially if you're stock, noticeably less oil press on cold starts. It depends on you change intervals as well. I change every 4.5-5k. Any of the popular "good" oils work in those intervals. Seen something in an old thread way back stating T6 is as good as anything if changed at 4K or so. I live in a very hot climate and prefer 5-40w because I think it the lightest weight I'd like to use. I don't beat the car everyday, it's my daily and I'm at 33k.

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
please give me an example.

And I should have been clearer in my post, it doesnt matter what brand of oil you use, as long as its not some no name knock off garbage (but i figured that was a given, considering all the posts before mine listed pretty reputable brands and my comment was saying that the ones previously listed are all very similar)
Oils high in calcium have been linked to an increased likelihood of LSPI on turbocharged-direct injected engines. The oil companies are currently working on an ideal formula to combat this, one which would be most compatible with our type of engines. TCDI engines are here to stay, so it only makes sense for oil companies to address this issue.

The link below talks about this and also contains other imbedded links with a lot of good information regarding the topic.

FWIW, I use Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5w30 at 5000 mile intervals. No negative OA reports to date @ 24k miles.

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4203943/Re:_LSPI_w/Direct_Injection

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...15/LSPI:_A_KNOCK_ON_THE_NEWEST_EN#Post4025415

https://www.motor.com/magazine-summary/resolving-low-speed-pre-ignition/

Last edited:

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Edit: nevermind, I highly doubt Magnatec is a true full synthetic oil.
it's a Group III Full Synthetic, which is just as much a synthetic as what M1/PUP are. Only way to get a Group IV anymore fairly easily is Amsoil, and i'd rather not pay 3x the price for an oil that's not going to perform much better if any at all.

There is also nothing wrong with running 87 in your car
man, this thread couldn't get any better. Oil and fuel arguments in the exact same thread!!! Will someone please tell me why I was stupid to buy a 4-cylinder fast, and make this the ultimate thread???

Sponsored

bam88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost PP
man, this thread couldn't get any better. Oil and fuel arguments in the exact same thread!!! Will someone please tell me why I was stupid to buy a 4-cylinder fast, and make this the ultimate thread???
You were stupid to buy an Ecoboost, should of got an ecoboost like me! You will regret it and trade-in in a couple years......

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
it's a Group III Full Synthetic, which is just as much a synthetic as what M1/PUP are. Only way to get a Group IV anymore fairly easily is Amsoil, and i'd rather not pay 3x the price for an oil that's not going to perform much better if any at all.

You need 4 more cylinders to have man-balls. :cheers:

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
I think the ratio goes 4 cylinders per attached ball?
:lol::lol::lol: From how most threads go its 2 cylinders per ball after the first 4 cylinders

THe Ol' ball equation. B(alls)=(C(ylinders)-4) / 2

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Why buy an ecoboost and mod it? Just start off with a GT.

Ecoboost, more like 'weakoboost', am I right guys? looolz.

You're just going to blow your motor before you even get up to as much power as a stock GT makes. ECOBOOM.

It's a fake Mustang that sounds like a wet fart. Rental grade crap car made for secretaries and teenagers who can't afford a real muscle car.

How's that?

Sponsored

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
Last edited:

af3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
This question may have been answered already but what oil does Ford use when they service our cars?
Do y'all ask them to use a specific oil of your choice?

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
Reactions: af3

signal12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR 50 YEAR Ecoboost Convertable 6MT
Why buy an ecoboost and mod it? Just start off with a GT.

Ecoboost, more like 'weakoboost', am I right guys? looolz.

You're just going to blow your motor before you even get up to as much power as a stock GT makes. ECOBOOM.

It's a fake Mustang that sounds like a wet fart. Rental grade crap car made for secretaries and teenagers who can't afford a real muscle car.

How's that?
Dude!! I was starting to get pissed until I picked up on the sarcasm!! :cheers: