Sponsored

Gt 5.0 vs 2017 Camaro 1LE

Minion GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP 6M
I agree with you, and was thinking of adding a Gray SRT 392 Challenger to my driveway, in addition to the Mustang (which I will keep forever), once the payments are done on the 'Stang.
Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Yea the line of site can be challenging
Hard driving will eat up the Goodyear Super Car 3 Tires

Those are my only negatives
The price $39600 plus ttl (Included PDR)
As a daily driver, the ride in tour mode is great, not harsh for my tastes
Very responsive handling.
And finally its a sweet looking ride.
This place is turning more into c6g every day :doh:

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Can you blame them? The Camaro 6 is a rare supercar for just a little more than the rustang. Which is also why the Camaro outsells the Mustang every single month when you take out the inflating fleet sales from the monthly totals. You will have a Camaro soon you can't resist!

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
I remember watching the Lighting lap videos and the 2017 Camaro 1LE posting a 3:04 lap time. That's when people starting dogging how it best the GT with PP in 2015 with a 3:05 lap time. What people fail to realize is that this wasn't an accurate test since they were one year apart and with probably different drivers.

With comparisons of how fast the V6 model is, how it's close to the a Mustang GT, yada, yada, yada.. in the real world, it can't hold a candle to a Mustang GT.

I don't hate the Camaro (competition is good for the consumers) but it's pretty damn sad how some folks compare a 335 HP/ 284 lb-torque to a Mustang GT. Since there are no real life vids, magazine tests have shown a best of 13.7 1/4 run and that barely outruns an auto EB. Also, to pay 33k for the V61LE, that is ludicrous when a base GT is 33k!

Car & Driver reporting what I was thinking the whole time.. The Camaro V-6 1LE needs more power!
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2017-chevrolet-camaro-v-6-1le-first-drive-review
Lightning Lap is indeed a joke. They use multiple drivers of GREATLY varying levels of experience and ability over the course of MULTIPLE days.

Any track junkie knows that lap times can vary by SECOND(S) throughout a given day, from the cool morning to the hot afternoon. Now throw in the variable of multiple days and even worse, different non professional 'journalists' with greatly varying levels of ability, and you have an absolutely useless comparison.

Having said that, the 1LE is likely faster than a 15 GTPP due to better tires, more power, and less weight. The 2017 GTPP should have a nice bump in power and a far better Michelin PS4S tire should help it eclipse the 1LE on track.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
There's nothing wrong with getting viewpoints from people who happen to own the 'other' car in a "vs" thread. Especially when they're as even-handed as Randy's was here.

Otherwise the site risks deteriorating into the sort of mutual admiration society that insulates itself from the rest of the musclecar/ponycar/sporty cat/whatever-you-care-to-call-it enthusiast world.

Norm

Sponsored

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Lightning Lap is indeed a joke. They use multiple drivers of GREATLY varying levels of experience and ability over the course of MULTIPLE days.

Any track junkie knows that lap times can vary by SECOND(S) throughout a given day, from the cool morning to the hot afternoon. Now throw in the variable of multiple days and even worse, different non professional 'journalists' with greatly varying levels of ability, and you have an absolutely useless comparison.

Having said that, the 1LE is likely faster than a 15 GTPP due to better tires, more power, and less weight. The 2017 GTPP should have a nice bump in power and a far better Michelin PS4S tire should help it eclipse the 1LE on track.

2018 GTPP is coming with a different tire compound but same 275 rears and 255 fronts if i remember right. The car will still have a disadvantage and i am 100% sure knowing that alone Ford didn't aim to beat the six gen camaro 1le!

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
2018 GTPP is coming with a different tire compound but same 275 rears and 255 fronts if i remember right. The car will still have a disadvantage and i am 100% sure knowing that alone Ford didn't aim to beat the six gen camaro 1le!
Shame they didn't try at least a little harder with the wheel and tire sizing though - those are the most visible parts of any performance-intended package. Maybe something like 275/285 on 9.5/10 if they couldn't find the courage to make it 285's and 10's all around.

Norm

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
Have we seen an official image or spec list for the the PP2 on the 2018?

I ask because I saw a silver mule with at least a black passenger side fender in Whitelake MI with a pretty aggressive wheel and tire combo. Which made me think that we haven't.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
There's nothing wrong with getting viewpoints from people who happen to own the 'other' car in a "vs" thread. Especially when they're as even-handed as Randy's was here.

Otherwise the site risks deteriorating into the sort of mutual admiration society that insulates itself from the rest of the musclecar/ponycar/sporty cat/whatever-you-care-to-call-it enthusiast world.

Norm
Try and say how nice the Mustang is over at c6g and you'll be banded so fast it'll make you head spin

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Try and say how nice the Mustang is over at c6g and you'll be banded so fast it'll make you head spin
It's going to be less what you say than how you say it. And it probably depends on whatever personna you might have created for yourself as well. So for anybody who has been nothing but a flagrant fanboi and barely tolerated in the past, the ban hammer might come out.

It's no secret that I post over on Camaro5 and Camaro6 from time to time . . . doesn't mean I have to agree with everything I read over there any more than I should expect people over there to agree with everything I post. Haven't even been warned in almost 5 years.

Norm

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Shame they didn't try at least a little harder with the wheel and tire sizing though - those are the most visible parts of any performance-intended package. Maybe something like 275/285 on 9.5/10 if they couldn't find the courage to make it 285's and 10's all around.

Norm
Hey Norm,

The other main reason must be Ford doesn't want the current gen mustang gt to perform better than the any of the gt350's. Even power pack 2 shouldn't cut it. I don't see a six gen gtpp besting a 1le and a gt350 tp. Seventh gen on the otherhand, it better be!

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
They get the new Michelin 4S tires.
Sponsored