Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
You wanna know how much excitement a car brings to the market? Look at how many people viewed the spy pics of the 2018.

Now go look at how much the refreshed 2019 Camaro generates. If you think these companies don't pay attention to all those stupid little numbers, you are wrong.

After the power figures go live, so help me if I ain't thePill, the 2018 will outsell the 2015. Ford has kept their remaining inventory low and have fulfilled the back orders overseas. That being said, if pre-orders are nearly equal as is initial shipping numbers here in the US BUT, Ford could expect a 100% increase in overseas shipping alone since it wasnt available in many markets.

If the '18-'19 sales are equivalent to the 2015-'17's performance, ooooooooooh boy...

The likelihood of this happening is very, very, very high.
Sponsored

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
You wanna know how much excitement a car brings to the market? Look at how many people viewed the spy pics of the 2018.

Now go look at how much the refreshed 2019 Camaro generates. If you think these companies don't pay attention to all those stupid little numbers, you are wrong.

I'm envious of people who can edit the information that they receive to accomodate their opinions, no matter how baseless.

Good for you.

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I have to admit that around 1000 of those views are probably down to me.:headbonk:

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Better from the factory? Probably.

Better in the aftermarket? Not so sure about that. With enough money any Mustang can be better.

Sponsored

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
I'm not even sure why this is a debate anymore. If you don't see the obvious improvement in the '18's design over the '15, you haven't seen it in person.

The exact same occurrence happened when the '66 body went to the '68. When performance is spoken of, the '68/'18 is where the GT got more serious. Did the '68 look better than a '66? Depends on what your looking for...
The 68 looked pretty much like the 67 except with the tacked on side markers. I like the 15-17 but I like the 18 also. I think in 30 years people will see it like the difference between a 67 and 68. Obvious to those who know, but to non-Mustang aficionados, a minor change.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
The 68 looked pretty much like the 67 except with the tacked on side markers. I like the 15-17 but I like the 18 also. I think in 30 years people will see it like the difference between a 67 and 68. Obvious to those who know, but to non-Mustang aficionados, a minor change.
Yeah, can you imagine what the mustang forums were like in 1967 when the MY68 got released?

67 Owner: They got rid of the side vents and grill bars? UGLY.
67 Owner: Why is the horn button so small? Dumb, no one will buy this car.
Prospective 68 Owner: Check out the turn signals on the hood! That looks futuristic
67 Owner: No, that looks dumb
67 Owner: They added side markers? Jesus, they're going to have to many nannies in the next few years these cars will probably start to tell you when you don't have your seat belt plugged in, ugh. Just like my nagging wife!
Prospective 68 Owner: They're bringing in a 428cu in Cobra Jet engine, that'll be fast. Finally we will beat the Camaro.
67 Owner: Why is the pony emblem smaller? Shouldn't it be bigger because we are PROUD to be American!
Prospective 68 Owner: I can't wait to buy one of these...as soon as I get back from Vietnam.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
I noticed a 2018 GT in the Ford Performance Booth when I was early parking in the Nitto booth and took this side by side video of our Roush RS3 next to it......

Don't shoot me but the MY18 looks a lot more aggressive when both are in the shot next to each other.

I think in the flesh MY18 could be a winner, but in short both cars look absolutely superb. :)

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Don't shoot me but the MY18 looks a lot more aggressive when both are in the shot next to each other.

I think in the flesh MY18 could be a winner, but in short both cars look absolutely superb. :)
Agreed. The Roush parts don't do anything to help either, they make the car look more like an old guy's idea of a new 'hot rod' versus something that's actually good looking by standards beyond other owners of the same thing.

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Agreed. The Roush parts don't do anything to help either, they make the car look more like an old guy's idea of a new 'hot rod' versus something that's actually good looking by standards beyond other owners of the same thing.
I think the MY18 looks a lot more polished, looks like its put together using higher quality items, just looks more premium and yes more aggressive.

But not taking from MY15, because its a stunning car.

Both look great end of the day and yes I prefer MY15 front-end at the moment, but do need to see an MY18 in the flesh, but I will say MY18 looks better from all other angles and of course all the new tech will make it drive nicer.

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
Completely Agree. Most Roush visual parts look ole timer imo. A nice piece here and there but for the most post meh. I buy a new car for it to be a new car, not a mocked up rehash of an older version.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Good Read ....

Ford doesn't build drag cars, people do.

Secondly, drag racing really isn't a sport... it is more like a hobby. Just like traveling 100mph and slamming on your brakes, to see who would win. Coincidentally, Road Racing is a drag race, to every corner and it last longer than 10s. Not to mention you test every aspect of the car, not just the throttle.
How a Ford dealer created the legendary 428 Cobra Jet
http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2017/05/02/how-ford-dealer-created-legendary-428-cobra-jet.html

Knowledge is power! Like a supercharged 5.0 ;)

:ford:

TheReaper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT
YOU DID! BAHA
Hooked.

I used that engine as an example of what Ford is capable of building for the street with a full warranty.
The point was that Ford can get a lot more out of a NA DI 5.0 with a little
tweaking.

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I'm not even sure why this is a debate anymore. If you don't see the obvious improvement in the '18's design over the '15, you haven't seen it in person.

The exact same occurrence happened when the '66 body went to the '68. When performance is spoken of, the '68/'18 is where the GT got more serious. Did the '68 look better than a '66? Depends on what your looking for...
I'm not even sure why people keep spouting off opinions as facts, regardless of which design they prefer.
Sponsored