Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I'm loving the lowered hoodline on the 18. That car is going to look nasty in dark colors like black, magnetic and kona. The lower mesh grill helps clean up the front end a bit.
I agree. Really hoping we get to see it in Highland Green soon too. :D
Sponsored

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
If the "new" Kona Blue is the same as it is on my 2011 GT, it's quite dark and looks almost "blurple" unless it's in direct sunlight. I like the color a lot when the sun hits it just right, but on cloudy days I'd prefer that it be slightly brighter and less purple.
I'm not quite sold on Kona Blue too. On some pictures it looks nice, but on older Mustangs it really looked too purple on cloudy days. Will be a though choice between Lightning and Kona Blue to me :D

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
The current cars come with a shorty header already, no?
I can't think of any production cars that have ever come with full long tube headers...maybe the Demon will?

The tuning thing is where I think this doesn't necessarily add up. Ford has to warranty these engines. The kinds of aftermarket tunes that add any significant horsepressure are the ones that either depend on the owner always running high octane fuel or the tunes dip into the margin of safety built into these engines. They may have a higher threshold for knock sensor sensitivity or they may tolerate leaner AFR. Ford can't do that.

How much is a cold air intake really worth these days? Earlier in the Coyote's reign, a CAI and a tune on a stock engine were worth ~25hp or so. A tune alone was worth ~22hp. The stock intake was pretty darned good, as it turned out. I don't know if that has changed and I suspect the 2018 car will have an even more optimized intake since Ford is obviously doing their homework.

So you're ok with them adding a couple thousand of dollars to the price tag but you don't want to spend $.20/gallon more for better performance?

To make up that difference, you'll have to buy 10,000 gallons of gas, which should be about 190,000 miles if you're right about that fuel economy. :headbonk:

FWIW, The Camaro SS is rated (slightly) better for fuel economy...someone keeping a car that long could call the difference a wash and the Mustang's price advantage is gone. :D
All true! But I didn't say I was ok with them increasing the tag on the mustang. Just saying it's hard comparing apples to apples when one is that much more expensive. But yeah, once I get this car in 2018 I will likely get over my fear at the pump quick.

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
now that front definitely looks a lot better from that angle. The top down angle makes it look horrible but looking dead on from the 3/4 looks nice.
Agreed! I also like how the hood line dips into the fender as well.

Sponsored

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
I've noticed with the 15' thru 17's the front gill LED's DRL's seem really dim compared to other cars with LED DRL's, (i.e Audi, Chevy, Dodge, Mercedes, etc etc etc.)

Has anyone that has seen the 2018 in person at some of the auto shows know if the new 2018 angular "gill" LED DRL's will be brighter than the current ones?? :shrug:

Last edited:

Rohammers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP
which package will come with the better looking mesh lower grille?? so confusing lol
PP2 for sure, you can see the rear spoiler on the back of this one and the tell tale black rims only for the PP.

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
PP2 for sure, you can see the rear spoiler on the back of this one and the tell tale black rims only for the PP.
hmmm ok cool !! hoping for a spoiler delete then. Not a fan of the pedestal spoiler

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
I've noticed with the 15 and 17's the front gill LED's DRL's seem really dim compared to other cars with LED DRL's, (i.e Audi, Chevy, Dodge, Mercedes, etc etc etc.)

Has anyone that has seen the 2018 in person know if the new angular gill LED DRL's will be brighter than the current ones?? :shrug:
Do the 15-17 DRLs turn off when the turn signal is on? I have noted that on a lot of cars the DRLs turn off with the signal, which I assume is some federal law about the brightness and distance of the turn signal to the DRL.

Sponsored

mike@vossen

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage III
I noticed a 2018 GT in the Ford Performance Booth when I was early parking in the Nitto booth and took this side by side video of our Roush RS3 next to it......

[ame]

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Loving Kona Blue. Would be my choice if I got a 2018. Gorgeous color.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
2018 Lighting Blue

Looks better :thumbsup: But heck what do I know I just bought a 2017. :lol:

Last edited:

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I'm not even sure why this is a debate anymore. If you don't see the obvious improvement in the '18's design over the '15, you haven't seen it in person.

The exact same occurrence happened when the '66 body went to the '68. When performance is spoken of, the '68/'18 is where the GT got more serious. Did the '68 look better than a '66? Depends on what your looking for...
Sponsored