BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Just going thru your build and saw you were involved in an accident. That's unfortunate, but on the bright side the new wheels look great on your Guard.:thumbsup:

Just noticed too that you did the sound tube delete and used the chair leg rubber thingys. I just did exactly the same thing so far............ It cost me all of $2.:D I was wondering how much trouble it is to get the other end off the firewall and install the plug? Any hints would be appreciated.:)

Thanx
Derek
Thanks!

I was looking at it yesterday and decided to be lazy and not do it, mostly because I didn't have the tool to pry the clip off the strut tower. It looks less than fun but I'll do it sometime.
Sponsored

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Thanks!

I was looking at it yesterday and decided to be lazy and not do it, mostly because I didn't have the tool to pry the clip off the strut tower. It looks less than fun but I'll do it sometime.
When I looked at it, with the brace there, it would have to be removed I would think.. I saw some guy on here just ripped it off and plugged the hole.:shrug:

If I cant get at it, I may just cut the tube off up top and close to the fire wall and plug it there. With the strut bracing there, you will never see it anyway.:)

OP
OP
BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
When I looked at it, with the brace there, it would have to be removed I would think.. I saw some guy on here just ripped it off and plugged the hole.:shrug:

If I cant get at it, I may just cut the tube off up top and close to the fire wall and plug it there. With the strut bracing there, you will never see it anyway.:)
I'm planning on trying the rip it out method.

OP
OP
BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
If you put your car up on stands for any reason, you can get better access to it from below.
Next oil change + MGC addition to the trans fluid probably!

Sponsored

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
If you put your car up on stands for any reason, you can get better access to it from below.
I was gonna throw that question out there. :cheers:

Thanx. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
What I did was even easier - leave it in.
Taking it out is a lot friendlier for the significant other ;). Noticeable reduction in cabin volume all the time.

OP
OP
BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
great thread, love what you have done with the car! Any exterior audio of the exhaust?
Thanks! It's turned out pretty nicely, and hugely transformed from where it started.

Exterior (lower quality mics):
[ame]

[ame]

Interior (nice quality mic):
[ame]

Sponsored
OP
OP
BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
New picture from the work parking lot.
IMG_20170417_120913_.jpg

mindys

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mindaugas
Vehicle(s)
2020 VW GTI SE
What is the orange stand sitting on? Sportlines?

OP
OP
BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
What is the orange stand sitting on? Sportlines?
Steeda Ultralites and 1/8" rear spring spacers, 25 mm wheel spacers. It looks more slammed in that pic than in person.

mindys

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mindaugas
Vehicle(s)
2020 VW GTI SE
Steeda Ultralites and 1/8" rear spring spacers, 25 mm wheel spacers. It looks more slammed in that pic than in person.
That looks really low. Yeah glad I didn't got with that. Way too low for me.

OP
OP
BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I got them mounted and drove 30 or so miles. Initial reaction is that the sidewalks are softer than tbe htrz3 and steering feel is slightly less crisp. They need broken in, still oils all over so not much to report yet.
So I was all set to wait on replacing the Z3's for at least another month or two, but then I stumbled onto TireBuyer.com's eBay store...

Found a full set of new Bridestone RE760s in 275/35R19 heavily discounted to $270 for all four! Given that the compound is reportedly the same, and the construction very similar/the same as the Indy 500, I decided to take the plunge. I should have them mounted by next Wednesday evening. They're a wee bit smaller diameter than the current tires (26.6" vs. 27.0"), but that can be fixed on the speedo and just gives me more aggressive total gearing for my 3.31 car :headbang:
Sponsored