Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Agree 100%. Bought and installed mine last week. So much better - especially with Adam's tune from MAP! :D
You won't see any performance gains, but you will be able to make more reliable power due to cooler charge temperatures. You will realize the full power of your setup at almost all times.
It also creates a platform for tuning that will far surpass what you can do with a stock intercooler.
I know I am reviving the thread after a long time, but I would like to ask this: I have ordered the Mishimoto IC and as soon as I receive it and have it installed I will get an e-Tune from Adam (like you've done [MENTION=17110]sk8erord[/MENTION]). Considering that this IC is much better than the stock one, do you have an idea on what kind of power and torque gains I should expect? Apart from the IC and the MBRP Race catback exhausts I am not planning any other mods. Thanks
Sponsored

Phil@JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Bullitt, 2004 Cobra, 1968 Fastback
I know I am reviving the thread after a long time, but I would like to ask this: I have ordered the Mishimoto IC and as soon as I receive it and have it installed I will get an e-Tune from Adam (like you've done [MENTION=17110]sk8erord[/MENTION]). Considering that this IC is much better than the stock one, do you have an idea on what kind of power and torque gains I should expect? Apart from the IC and the MBRP Race catback exhausts I am not planning any other mods. Thanks
I believe you just quoted the answer to your question above. There will be minimal gains on a dyno if any but you will feel the difference when driving the car and it will keep you making the power you should rather than getting heat soaked and pulling your timing to reduce your power.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Phil. I understand that I should expect minimal gains by simply installing the IC. This is absolutely clear.

However, considering the fact that a more efficient intercooler will be combined with an e-tune, one would expect significantly better performance than simply combining Adam's e-Tune with the stock IC.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
You power gains can't be simply quantified, they are temperature dependent. With the stock FMIC, it can't cool the air fast enough and temperatures continue to climb at an exponential rate. The warmer the ambient temperature is, the worse the impact. With all the variables, you can't put a fixed number on it.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Phil. I understand that I should expect minimal gains by simply installing the IC. This is absolutely clear.

However, considering the fact that a more efficient intercooler will be combined with an e-tune, one would expect significantly better performance than simply combining Adam's e-Tune with the stock IC.
You could probably get something more concrete from Adam if the difference in tune is what you're looking for. There are inherent gains from the FMIC alone just by cooling. With the tune, Adam will be able to further advance the timing. He probably has an idea of how much he can do with that FMIC and what power/tq that equates to.

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Thank you both. In any case, upgraded intercooler + tune should be better than the tune alone. That makes sense, correct? I will ask Adam after installing the IC and while working on the e-tune with him.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Thank you both. In any case, upgraded intercooler + tune should be better than the tune alone. That makes sense, correct? I will ask Adam after installing the IC and while working on the e-tune with him.
That is correct. He will even tell you the tune would be limited without the upgraded FMIC.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Simply by looking at the dyno graphs on Cobb's website, one can easily realize that much better gains are expected when a tune is combined with an IC (Cobb's IC in that case). I know that the graphs are generic but they give the general idea. Adam's e-tune should be even better than a Cobb's Stage 2 map.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Simply by looking at the dyno graphs on Cobb's website, one can easily realize that much better gains are expected when a tune is combined with an IC (Cobb's IC in that case). I know that the graphs are generic but they give the general idea. Adam's e-tune should be even better than a Cobb's Stage 2 map.
Oh yeah! :headbang:

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
And although I do not know how the Mishimoto IC compares to Cobb's one, I would't expect much of a difference on the dyno.

Sponsored

clubamericalara

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
never dynoed my car but i have the exact same setup, mishi intercooler and adam tuned.. night and day difference on driving experience.. much better. you wont be disappointed.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the post clubamericalara. I really look forward to installing the IC and the e-tune. However I ordered the IC through Amazon and it will take some time to arrive, so I will run Cobb's stage 1 OTS map for a while and will have the opportunity to compare.

Phil@JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Bullitt, 2004 Cobra, 1968 Fastback
The tune by itself is what is going to give the power and the feeling your looking for and the intercooler is what will keep the power there. But i can tell you that i doubt he will be adding timing in with a front mount intercooler. We do not add more degrees of timing for an eco with a front mount in our tune. Can you get away with it maybe, but from a safety stand point it is not worth it at all. Timing should be more relative to fuel quality and octane rating not so much cool air temps. Making things too aggressive is probably why a lot of ecos have gone boom.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
The tune by itself is what is going to give the power and the feeling your looking for and the intercooler is what will keep the power there. But i can tell you that i doubt he will be adding timing in with a front mount intercooler. We do not add more degrees of timing for an eco with a front mount in our tune. Can you get away with it maybe, but from a safety stand point it is not worth it at all. Timing should be more relative to fuel quality and octane rating not so much cool air temps. Making things too aggressive is probably why a lot of ecos have gone boom.
I don't think it is so much advancing timing because of the FMIC, I believe it is limiting the timing if the user is still on the stock FMIC for safety. That's probably a more accurate way to put it. Either way, in the long run, you are running more advanced timing (I believe) with the upgrade. I just know there is definitely a tune difference, not just inherent power. For all I know, maybe he adds a little more boost with the upgraded FMIC.

clubamericalara

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
the mishimoto intercooler being one of the entry level aftermarket intercoolers is still massive in comparison to the stock intercooler.
Sponsored