Official Tesla-Style Head Unit

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
I've had a productive day...

I dismantled the dash again to look deeper into the front camera issue.
a) I went into the advanced settings and checked yes next to 360 camera and front camera.
b) I tried the front camera in both the Video 1 and Video 2 labeled yellow RCA jack.... No love :frusty:
c) I plugged it back into the Aux video and it works fine.

I'm guessing that the 360 and front cam inputs are in the wiring loom somewhere.

I'm real happy with the ability to flip between Nova and the Tesla index screens, however, I am now seeing the following error after bootup...

Any ideas?

PS @StangATX , how do I get my hands on the Cyan gauges?
You PM me lol. Or just tag like you just did haha. I'll send you that right now. Check your phone :thumbsup:
Sponsored

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
Well, they sent me what they CLAIM is a Recovery mode, but it isn't. it's essentially the complete I-5 Theme. It's VERY nice, but unfortunately it prevents WiFi from being enabled, so that has to be fixed. it also does not include a recovery partition, so while it did make it pretty, it did nothing to help our advancement in developing it further.

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Well, they sent me what they CLAIM is a Recovery mode, but it isn't. it's essentially the complete I-5 Theme. It's VERY nice, but unfortunately it prevents WiFi from being enabled, so that has to be fixed. it also does not include a recovery partition, so while it did make it pretty, it did nothing to help our advancement in developing it further.
Got any screen shots of it Patrick?

WavnAtCha

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howie
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Premium High Performance Package Outlaw #028
Vehicle Showcase
As I mentioned in a previous post, I have not discovered the what the Video1 and Video2 yellow RCA inputs are for. They are not accessed via DVR, DVD, AUX or any other app that I've been able to discern.

What I have discovered is what happens if you enable Right Camera and 360 Camera in the settings... When you step on the brake, the "front cam" video display is presented on the screen. If you turn on your right blinker, the "right cam" video display is presented....

This is kind of a misnomer in that because I've been unable to determine where the cam inputs are (must be part of the wiring loom), there is nothing to display.

Does anybody have any wiring schematics that may help run this down? There are still unused plug inputs in the back of the head unit, do we know what they are for?

Last edited:
OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got any screen shots of it Patrick?
I can post some of my actual unit later today, I did the update on my drive in to work, but it looks exactly like this, and the big speedometer is always shown, which is nice. (to me.) It adds the minimalist HVAC controls, and a darker-themed top row. I was rooted before the install, and installing the update DID remove my root, and the Kingroot software, which is how I noticed the WiFi issue so quickly, 'cause I went to go download it again, and WiFi will not turn on. Just a note, using this theme, you have to select "Show Speed" to "On" in the system settings, otherwise it puts a picture of some other car up there, until [MENTION=20219]StangATX[/MENTION] gets his hands in the image. (I already sent it to him, but it takes time.)

Can anyone tell me, if you go to "Settings > More Settings > Backup and Reset" Does it have the option to perform the "Factory Data Reset?" Mine has it now, and I don't remember it being there before.

This is the option I'm talking about.

reset.png

This is what the new image looks like.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Sponsored

Legionofone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base
I can post some of my actual unit later today, I did the update on my drive in to work, but it looks exactly like this, and the big speedometer is always shown, which is nice. (to me.) It adds the minimalist HVAC controls, and a darker-themed top row. I was rooted before the install, and installing the update DID remove my root, and the Kingroot software, which is how I noticed the WiFi issue so quickly, 'cause I went to go download it again, and WiFi will not turn on. Just a note, using this theme, you have to select "Show Speed" to "On" in the system settings, otherwise it puts a picture of some other car up there, until [MENTION=20219]StangATX[/MENTION] gets his hands in the image. (I already sent it to him, but it takes time.)

Can anyone tell me, if you go to "Settings > More Settings > Backup and Reset" Does it have the option to perform the "Factory Data Reset?" Mine has it now, and I don't remember it being there before.

This is the option I'm talking about.

reset.png

This is what the new image looks like.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg
Woot! The firmware we have doesn't have a factory reset option!

What about bluetooth? Does it have bluetooth in the menu?

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As I mentioned in a previous post, I have not discovered the what the Video1 and Video2 yellow RCA inputs are for. They are not accessed via DVR, DVD, AUX or any other app that I've been able to discern.

What I have discovered is what happens if you enable Right Camera and 360 Camera in the settings... When you step on the brake, the "front cam" video display is presented on the screen. If you turn on your right blinker, the "right cam" video display is presented....

This is kind of a misnomer in that because I've been unable to determine where the cam inputs are (must be part of the wiring loom), there is nothing to display.

Does anybody have any wiring schematics that may help run this down? There are still unused plugs in the back of the head unit, do we know what they are for?
We don't have any kind of schematic on it. Are you trying to find one in particular for your situation, or just trying to sort them all out? I don't have any auxiliary A/V components I can connect to them for testing, heck, I haven't even gotten around to fixing my own microphone.

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Woot! The firmware we have doesn't have a factory reset option!

What about bluetooth? Does it have bluetooth in the menu?
I forgot to check, but even using some BT diagnostics, because the Bluetooth module in our unit isn't actually PART of the main board, it's a separate module all together, it's handled differently than what you'd see on a tablet...

I'm gonna go do a factory reset, and see how bad it hurts. I'll report back shortly.

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No additional Bluetooth settings, just the same as before... Factory reset did absolutely nothing but restart the unit. Quick video.

Last edited:

Legionofone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base
No Bluetooth settings... Factory reset did absolutely nothing but restart the unit. Quick video.

POOOORQUEEEEEEE!!!!

Man I would love a factory reset that works. I can never sell this unit as it stands.

Sponsored

Legionofone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base
Downgrade it? Has anyone actually tried that successfully? I don't feel like attempting to brick it.