Sponsored

ZL1 will beat everything....wait....

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
Where did I say anything about the gt350 vs the gt350R? I didn't.
Oh yeah you mean like how the z28 was compared to a boss302?
The z28 and GT350 were both sold in 2015

The difference in track times between the track pack and R is...
Weight and tires. That's it.

My car has 305/30 pilot sport cup 2's
With all the rubber suspension bushings replaced with bearings and solid aluminum bushings. R springs, wheels that weigh 1 pound or less than R wheels, with equal weight as a R and I'm certain my car could smoke a R by at least 4+ seconds with the same driver, same day, same track. All for less than what a R cost with markup. The point is the z was over priced. GM proved it with the 1le.
Yes you can make a gt350 perform close to the R, but you were implying that the gt350 and R are very close, but in reality there quite a bit apart. Yes the Z28 was over priced, but price doesn't equal performance. You think those who paid 100k for there R got there money's worth? Many can be had in the 80k range, so those people already lost 20k.:crazy: but again, when the z28 came out, there was no compitition, so they set a price. When Ford came out with the gt350, they had the z to compare to, so they could find ways to keep price down, and they did a great job.:thumbsup: So when you have a car to compare to and know you have to beat, they build until they can do it because if they didn't, it would be a fail. Now Chevy has the R to compare to, so I have no doubt the next z28 will beat it, but at what price point?:shrug:
Sponsored

xwoodx

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G8GT
Look be honest have u ever driven a GT350? The GT350R has the same engine, same trans but 30 series tires and beat the z28 in track and 1/4 mile.
No and I have no interest either. Look be honest have you driven a z/28 or 1le? You probably don't have interest in that either. From everything I have seen the 1le and z/28 put down similar times and both fall right in between the gt350 and R.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Yes you can make a gt350 perform close to the R, but you were implying that the gt350 and R are very close, but in reality there quite a bit apart. Yes the Z28 was over priced, but price doesn't equal performance. You think those who paid 100k for there R got there money's worth? Many can be had in the 80k range, so those people already lost 20k.:crazy: but again, when the z28 came out, there was no compitition, so they set a price. When Ford came out with the gt350, they had the z to compare to, so they could find ways to keep price down, and they did a great job.:thumbsup: So when you have a car to compare to and know you have to beat, they build until they can do it because if they didn't, it would be a fail. Now Chevy has the R to compare to, so I have no doubt the next z28 will beat it, but at what price point?:shrug:
Don't tell me what I was implying because I didn't say such words! No where did I say or imply that at all. That's wishful thinking on your half.

Second we're talking sticker price! The z28 is 75k. The R is not 75k sticker. The R is a better bargain!
nobody wanted the z28 compared to the R.

Face it, the z was over priced no matter what. No smart person buy a camaro at corvette prices.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
No and I have no interest either. Look be honest have you driven a z/28 or 1le? You probably don't have interest in that either. From everything I have seen the 1le and z/28 put down similar times and both fall right in between the gt350 and R.
Your the one saying the gt350 is weak. You don't even know because you never driven one. If you want a camaro go buy one. No ones stopping you. You are comparing a GT vs gt350 and you haven't even tried one. If you want a camaro go get it kiddo.

Funny thing is, everyone in the world knows the gt350 is a better car then a GT except you. :crazy:

xwoodx

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G8GT
Show me the trans gear ratios for the 1le
The z28 had more tq and rear gearing and still got smoked.
http://gmauthority.com/blog/2015/05/and-now-the-preliminary-specifications-of-the-2016-chevy-camaro/

SS and 1le have the same transmission. The z/28 had a slightly more aggressive rear end with less aggressive gears in the transmission. End result is less aggressive gearing.

And define getting smoked. I saw it put down worse lap times in 1 track and better in another. The 1/4 mile is about the same between both.

Why do I feel like I'm having to defend a car I don't even like? I just don't subscribe to blind "OMG brand x is better than anything and if results prove otherwise OMG they cheated and it's a ringer"

:cheers:

Sponsored

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
Look be honest have u ever driven a GT350? The GT350R has the same engine, same trans but 30 series tires and beat the z28 in track and 1/4 mile.
I guess I read to much into this.:doh:

Don't tell me what I was implying because I didn't say such words! No where did I say or imply that at all. That's wishful thinking on your half.

Second we're talking sticker price! The z28 is 75k. The R is not 75k sticker. The R is a better bargain!
nobody wanted the z28 compared to the R.

Face it, the z was over priced no matter what. No smart person buy a camaro at corvette prices.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
http://gmauthority.com/blog/2015/05/and-now-the-preliminary-specifications-of-the-2016-chevy-camaro/

SS and 1le have the same transmission. The z/28 had a slightly more aggressive rear end with less aggressive gears in the transmission. End result is less aggressive gearing.

And define getting smoked. I saw it put down worse lap times in 1 track and better in another. The 1/4 mile is about the same between both.

Why do I feel like I'm having to defend a car I don't even like? I just don't subscribe to blind "OMG brand x is better than anything and if results prove otherwise OMG they cheated and it's a ringer"

You said that the gt350 and camaro has the same rear 3.73 gearing. I'm telling you that the transmission in the gt350 is geared for a road course. If I were to put a trans from a 5.0 into a gt350 the outcome would be different. You are trying to compare cars that are totally different and you keep judging them the same and I'm trying to tell you they are not.

OP
OP
garagelogic

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
I've driven both a GT350R and a z/28 at the same track on the same day. Both are track beasts that, in the right hands, are each capable of beating the other around a track. R is, by far, the better drivers car.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra

Well, they DID CHEAT. And it WAS a ringer.

So there's that...

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Your the one saying the gt350 is weak. You don't even know because you never driven one. If you want a camaro go buy one. No ones stopping you. You are comparing a GT vs gt350 and you haven't even tried one. If you want a camaro go get it kiddo.

Funny thing is, everyone in the world knows the gt350 is a better car then a GT except you. :crazy:
Magazine racers know more than anyone else especially more than someone who owns the car there putting down. No need to have driven the GT350 our a camaro the magazines say it's true so it must be true. :lol:

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

I was referring to the actual magazine dyno test that showed the Z made significantly more power than it was rated at, while the R made pretty much what you would expect based on its rating. That same comparison where the R was faster than the Z around a track and in a straight line.

I think you are miss characterizing the statements of others and I'm not sure why it's so important to you that you have to distort the facts. You are definitely a Chevy guy, so just own up to it. It's ok to be a Chevy guy. Not sure why you are on a Ford forum, but whatever floats your boat.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I was referring to the actual magazine dyno test that showed the Z made significantly more power than it was rated at, while the R made pretty much what you would expect based on its rating. That same comparison where the R was faster than the Z around a track and in a straight line.

I think you are miss characterizing the statements of others and I'm not sure why it's so important to you that you have to distort the facts. You are definitely a Chevy guy, so just own up to it. It's ok to be a Chevy guy. Not sure why you are on a Ford forum, but whatever floats your boat.
Chevy guys are like Jehovah witnesses they never stop coming to your door or in this case web site trying to covert you to their way of thinking.:headbonk:

legendary mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 mustang gt
Chevy guys are like Jehovah witnesses they never stop coming to your door or in this case web site trying to covert you to their way of thinking.:headbonk:
thats true,but people that have sense dont want a car or truck from Garbage Motors.:ford:
:lol:

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Is there any other car from the factory with warranty for 60 grand or less that can put down same straight line and road coarse numbers as the current gen zl1? I ve found one for around 58 grand with discounts in my area. However i would like to wait for the gt500. But something tells me that car will go for more than 70 grand considering the current gt350 prices!

xwoodx

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G8GT
Well, they DID CHEAT. And it WAS a ringer.

So there's that...
You can't even accept that someone likes the Mustang more but gives credit where credit is due.

But look at how close those power peaks are:

Car Peak Dyno Power Peak Dyno Torque
Shelby GT350 467 hp 374 lb-ft
Camaro Z/28 469 hp 438 lb-ft
Shelby GT350R 471 hp 376 lb-ft

So the GT350R is accurate but teh Z/28, which I believe had like 5000 miles on it (read, more broken in). The delusion runs thick.:frusty:
Sponsored