Sponsored

Ford Racing ProCal Tune

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
Also, you do not need to reprogram you car to enable or disable the octane learning profile option. You can plug your laptop into the car, enter into configuration, and disable it through the procal software. Takes all but one minute as disabling it is almost instantaneous after you plug in.
Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Glad you're enjoying it Regs!

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
Thanks! Was able to let her rip on the turnpike and now I can truly say it's a different car. It's pointless putting it in sports mode unless you want to redline through every gear. Power feels a lot better and feels like it truly has balls now. The top does seem to come quick but again it's just a basic can tune. Maybe in three years I'll go crazy with a intercooler and protuberance or even trade in but right now it's great.

KV Racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium PP
I've been wanting a little more out of my car, but since it's my daily driver I dont want to get carried away. The one thing about the car with the stock tune is how it really kind of falls on it's face before each gear change when at WOT (automatic car.) This tune sounds like it would be perfect for me. I can get a touch more power, get rid of the flat spot in the torque band, and not worry about reliability as much as with a more aggressive tune.
When I get my tax return back, I'm going to have to do this.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
I've been wanting a little more out of my car, but since it's my daily driver I dont want to get carried away. The one thing about the car with the stock tune is how it really kind of falls on it's face before each gear change when at WOT (automatic car.) This tune sounds like it would be perfect for me. I can get a touch more power, get rid of the flat spot in the torque band, and not worry about reliability as much as with a more aggressive tune.
For what you get it is worth it.

Update:

Recently took a 1000+ mile trip down south. This was a relatively boring trip, no running with other cars. Top down, enjoying the weather trip! Had a couple of quick runs on the hwy, but nothing too crazy.

Four or five thousand miles on the FP tune and nothing much to report different.... still lots of fun. I'm still finding myself in sport mode a lot now... went back to that old habit. It keeps the power closer.

Car is still smooth, still love to drive it. The FP tune is amazing for auto drivers... smoothed out the car.

I will admit, I've kicked around the idea of getting more power... maybe big turbo or something. I was thinking about the vargas turbo until I found out you have to run e85 to get the full power.... on 93 tune+ said it was 370/380 hp at most. I'd prob trade for a car just like mine, with a v8, before dumping that kinda money into this one.

Trying to hold out for the 2020 mustang... not sure I'm gonna make it. :(

Last edited:

Sponsored

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I was thinking about the vargas turbo until I found out you have to run e85 to get the full power.... on 93 tune+ said it was 370/380 hp at most. I'd prob trade for a car just like mine, with a v8, before dumping that kinda money into this one.

Trying to hold out for the 2020 mustang... not sure I'm gonna make it. :(
One thing I didn't realize, and I really did try to do my research, about these little turbo motors is that you can only make big power on E30 or E85. Pump gas and full bolt ons is low 300's at best. That's still enough to a seriously fun street car.
91 octane is all that is available for pump gas here and I'm at high altitude on top of that. I doubt I can hit 310+ whp on 91 octane with full bolt ons at 6000 feet. It's disappointing, but it's not like the V8s are making 400+ whp up here, either - they're losing roughly 20% of their rated power here. I'm not sure what loss turbo cars see at high altitude.
It is what it is, I suppose.

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
When you think about a big turbo you also have to think about rods and pistons. You are up to 8 to 10k for a Frankenstein car that sounds like a leaf blower. You also have to think about drivability which means 2 to 4,k in suspension, tires, and linkages. And honestly, how fast can you really go without killing anyone, yourself, or getting arrested off the track? I would get the GT just for the sound and muscle feel.I love the tune but now I understand why they offered the performance package for handling. You hit uneven pavement at speed you are launching in the air.

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
I got mine for 550 with it installed without the in take. Then just 50 bucks for a drop in filter just Incase the stock air box was holding it back. That's a no brainier to me. If you want it dealer installed they will likely charge you two hours for both the tune and intake. For daily driving, you can't go wrong with it. I wish it had just a little more power on top to get that 40-80 mph time down.

KV Racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium PP
Thanks.
I have a buddy that is SAE certified and has his own shop, and although I havent asked him, I am sure he would install the whole thing for a lot less than a dealership would. He has a dyno as well, and it might be fun to see the before and after results (once the tune kicks in after the proper amount of driving.)

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
That would be awesome to see if there is a difference with and without intake. Hope I'm not cutting power from air supply on higher rpms. Fuel learning has to be turned on purposely in the config file. It is off by default. Not sure how many tuners actually bother turning it on for someone. Have your friend leave it off and it should be instantaneous.

Sponsored

metalhead79

That thang got a Hemi?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
When you think about a big turbo you also have to think about rods and pistons. You are up to 8 to 10k for a Frankenstein car that sounds like a leaf blower. You also have to think about drivability which means 2 to 4,k in suspension, tires, and linkages. And honestly, how fast can you really go without killing anyone, yourself, or getting arrested off the track? I would get the GT just for the sound and muscle feel.I love the tune but now I understand why they offered the performance package for handling. You hit uneven pavement at speed you are launching in the air.
If it sounds like a leaf blower, that's your own fault.

You're right about supporting mods. Once tuned, at a minimum, you probably need Steeda's 'stop the hop' package. I believe that's around $1k?
I found out with my old 97 GT that the further I went down the rabbit hole, the further I had to go..... As you add HP and TQ to the engine, you have to add suspension to get the power to the ground. I ended up ruining it's ride quality in my pursuit of a street car that could take on LS1 Camaro's without forced induction.

If you add a Vargas Stage 2 turbo to a stock suspension car, you're going to have a bad time.

I would like to get my EB to the power levels my GT had after the Mach 1 motor swap- 300whp/331wtq (at sea level and 93 octane). But given my altitude and lack of octane available, I think it's out of reach, lol.

But honestly, for my daily driving it's got enough power. I want more for the fun of it. I love that feeling of getting pushed back in the seat at WOT. It's something that my EB doesn't quite do in stock form. Need to fix that. :headbang:

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
All this talk of a Big Turbo reminds me of that great Seinfeld episode where Elaine had a Big Salad. :D

TC :headbonk:

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
If it sounds like a leaf blower, that's your own fault.

You're right about supporting mods. Once tuned, at a minimum, you probably need Steeda's 'stop the hop' package. I believe that's around $1k?
I found out with my old 97 GT that the further I went down the rabbit hole, the further I had to go..... As you add HP and TQ to the engine, you have to add suspension to get the power to the ground. I ended up ruining it's ride quality in my pursuit of a street car that could take on LS1 Camaro's without forced induction.

If you add a Vargas Stage 2 turbo to a stock suspension car, you're going to have a bad time.

I would like to get my EB to the power levels my GT had after the Mach 1 motor swap- 300whp/331wtq (at sea level and 93 octane). But given my altitude and lack of octane available, I think it's out of reach, lol.

But honestly, for my daily driving it's got enough power. I want more for the fun of it. I love that feeling of getting pushed back in the seat at WOT. It's something that my EB doesn't quite do in stock form. Need to fix that. :headbang:
I just put the stop the hop package on my wish list along with better tires.

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
Hmm, I looked on this page:

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-proflow-ecoboost-mustang-cold-air-intake-2015-ecoboost-555-3199.html

Here is a page from steeda that shows the horse power increase with a CAI without the tune.

- Baseline run (non-PP): 256.51 rwhp and 288.27 ft/lbs tq
- CAI installed (factory tune): 283.21 rwhp and 298.03 ft/lbs tq
- CAI installed with Steeda tune: 304.28 rwhp and 366.26 ft/lbs tq
With no tune, we saw a gain of 26.7 rwhp and 9.76 ft/lbs tq!

Is this believable? Now I have to think about getting a CAI installed with my FP tune.

KV Racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium PP
Hmm, I looked on this page:

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-proflow-ecoboost-mustang-cold-air-intake-2015-ecoboost-555-3199.html

Here is a page from steeda that shows the horse power increase with a CAI without the tune.

- Baseline run (non-PP): 256.51 rwhp and 288.27 ft/lbs tq
- CAI installed (factory tune): 283.21 rwhp and 298.03 ft/lbs tq
- CAI installed with Steeda tune: 304.28 rwhp and 366.26 ft/lbs tq
With no tune, we saw a gain of 26.7 rwhp and 9.76 ft/lbs tq!

Is this believable? Now I have to think about getting a CAI installed with my FP tune.
Wow, that seems kind of hard to believe doesn't it.
Sponsored