Sponsored

In the Market: GT350, 17' ZL1, or C7Z

Codybby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6Z,GMC 2500HD
Hey everyone, first post here on the forums. I'm about to be in the market for a new weekend warrior/sunny day grocery getter once I sell my car.

I currently have a C6Z but before that I had a 13' GT500.

At the moment the top 3 cars I'm interested in is the GT350,ZL1, and Z06. I've also debated a Gen V Viper but with the end of production I'm afraid of future part availability and support.

Surely some of you GT350 owners cross-shopped some of these before going with the Shelby, any thoughts that helped you come to your decision?
Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
A C7Z is going to crush the Shelby in just about any meaningful aspect...and if you're talking about the new Gen 6 ZL1 then that's going win if you want a faster car but with less performance handling.

But again, the C7Z is gonna be the best of both worlds in terms of straight line
speed and handling, of course if you don't need a backseat.

OP
OP

Codybby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6Z,GMC 2500HD
A C7Z is going to crush the Shelby in just about any meaningful aspect...and if you're talking about the new Gen 6 ZL1 then that's going win if you want a faster car but with less performance handling.

But again, the C7Z is gonna be the best of both worlds in terms of straight line
speed and handling, of course if you don't need a backseat.
Right, I've looked at the C7Z and they are absolutely wicked no doubt it's just that the price is a bit prohibitive. I'd have to spend more than I'd like too and it'll still only be the base trim. Ground clearance is another issue, I drive my cars a lot and hate scraping the underside. I've had 2 vettes before and there's always that one slope that's going to scrape no matter what angle you hit it.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
If I was in your shoes, I would try all three back to back in the same day and buy the one that puts the biggest smile on your face. Your the one dishing out the money, not us.:cheers:

OP
OP

Codybby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6Z,GMC 2500HD
If I was in your shoes, I would try all three back to back in the same day and buy the one that puts the biggest smile on your face. Your the one dishing out the money, not us.:cheers:
As much as I'd love too I haven't found a dealer that'll let you do much more than sit in them unless papers are being signed.

Sponsored

Superdog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Black on Black
Stop it.

Z06 all day. Sorry. But where is the question here?

By far best all around, bang for buck, absolute monster car...ever built and sold.

If thats in the running, just start thinking about the color combo you want.

OP
OP

Codybby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6Z,GMC 2500HD
Stop it.

Z06 all day. Sorry. But where is the question here?

By far best all around, bang for buck, absolute monster car...ever built and sold.

If thats in the running, just start thinking about the color combo you want.
Haha point taken. That price though :eek:

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
Go to Macmulkin corvette in Nashua nh and there prices will blow you away on a z06.:thumbsup: they can do it all online.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0

What exactly is your budget or price point you're trying to stick to?

Obviously the Z06 is more expensive, but you just gave us 3 options without much in terms of monetary value. So without considering price, the Z06 would win. Of course if you're trying to stay under 60k for example, that will be different.

OP
OP

Codybby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6Z,GMC 2500HD
What exactly is your budget or price point you're trying to stick to?

Obviously the Z06 is more expensive, but you just gave us 3 options without much in terms of monetary value. So without considering price, the Z06 would win. Of course if you're trying to stay under 60k for example, that will be different.
The low 60 range. I probably shouldn't have included the Z06 but since it's not completely out of the question yet I thought I'd get some feedback from those who's driven both.

Sponsored

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
Hey everyone, first post here on the forums. I'm about to be in the market for a new weekend warrior/sunny day grocery getter once I sell my car.

I currently have a C6Z but before that I had a 13' GT500.

At the moment the top 3 cars I'm interested in is the GT350,ZL1, and Z06. I've also debated a Gen V Viper but with the end of production I'm afraid of future part availability and support.

Surely some of you GT350 owners cross-shopped some of these before going with the Shelby, any thoughts that helped you come to your decision?
The Z06 doesn't interest me as even when the paid shills think its not balanced well on power to grip... and the Viper has a better V8 sound than the Z06 which sounds like a giant dryer vent instead of something with an actual motor...

That said the GrandSport interests me very much as its going to be very fast despite the truck engine, just skip the carbon brakes. Loved the gearbox, and base seats, hated the competition seats. Just today I had a normal C7 park next to my GT350 and it looks tiny in comparison.

This new ZL1 interests me, I'm a bit skeptical of it given the limited press on it so far with hard numbers/comparisons... But that limited set seems to show its better at dealing with the power than the Z06. The Camaro shell is its worst enemy with the ergonomics of a pillbox from the Atlantic wall.

As for the GT350, its enemy is the fact that its very expensive to play with as it really comes alive above the speed limit in public, or on track. Both situations tend to be wallet bleeding in the long run. Its a very theatrical car, working to create drama and attention whenever it can. Even in a place where the hot car is a bro truck, people want to know about it.

I caution you on owning a GT350, it will absolutely ruin you with normal cars. Brakes are supercar worthy. Steering isn't full of feel, but you never question if the car is doing exactly what you tell it to do with said wheel. Drive the front end with the wheel, the back end with the gas pedal if you wish. Electronic Nannies are top notch with intervention subtle until things get completely out of control. Once you are up to speed and have warm tires, everything goes from muscle car to sports car with relentless grip and acceleration. Brakes are again supercar worthy with more stopping power than even Cup2 tires can give you, and 0 issues with brake fade regardless of how hard you use them.

OP
OP

Codybby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6Z,GMC 2500HD
The Z06 doesn't interest me as even when the paid shills think its not balanced well on power to grip... and the Viper has a better V8 sound than the Z06 which sounds like a giant dryer vent instead of something with an actual motor...

That said the GrandSport interests me very much as its going to be very fast despite the truck engine, just skip the carbon brakes. Loved the gearbox, and base seats, hated the competition seats. Just today I had a normal C7 park next to my GT350 and it looks tiny in comparison.

This new ZL1 interests me, I'm a bit skeptical of it given the limited press on it so far with hard numbers/comparisons... But that limited set seems to show its better at dealing with the power than the Z06. The Camaro shell is its worst enemy with the ergonomics of a pillbox from the Atlantic wall.

As for the GT350, its enemy is the fact that its very expensive to play with as it really comes alive above the speed limit in public, or on track. Both situations tend to be wallet bleeding in the long run. Its a very theatrical car, working to create drama and attention whenever it can. Even in a place where the hot car is a bro truck, people want to know about it.

I caution you on owning a GT350, it will absolutely ruin you with normal cars. Brakes are supercar worthy. Steering isn't full of feel, but you never question if the car is doing exactly what you tell it to do with said wheel. Drive the front end with the wheel, the back end with the gas pedal if you wish. Electronic Nannies are top notch with intervention subtle until things get completely out of control. Once you are up to speed and have warm tires, everything goes from muscle car to sports car with relentless grip and acceleration. Brakes are again supercar worthy with more stopping power than even Cup2 tires can give you, and 0 issues with brake fade regardless of how hard you use them.
Now that's what I wanna hear haha, the gt350 has been growing on me the past few weeks. What's the consensus on long-term reliability for these high revving flat-plane engines?

The ZL1 seems to have excellent specs for the price but I feel like that would be hard to live with on a daily basis with the poor visibility.

Ground clearance is a concern for me on the Z06, I feel like so far the mustang will be the most friendly for daily use.

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
Corvette is awesome- i'm a snob though so that means the only American car i'm interested in is the one with the 526hp Flat Plane Crank V8 - otherwise go Porsche.

BlkGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 GT86 Autox, 16 GT350 TP, 06 Civic Si TTD car
Instead of ZL1 I would go Camaro 1LE and instead of ZO6 I would go Grand Sport or the GT350. This is if you are going to track the car then NA for the win IMHO YMMV :D

Peter
Sponsored