Procharger Supercharged GT350

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
The Voodoo crank is not lighter. A flat plane cranks needs more counter balancing than a cross plane coyote crank. So true the voodoo crank is hollow to save weight but so is the coyote. However the voodoo crank has more weight by mass on the counters weights and are more in number as the

"Ford went with a flat plane crank instead of a conventional cross plane crank because the flat plane crank improves the firing order and exhaust scavenging of the engine. Also, the crank has smaller, lighter counterweights that allow the engine to rev and decelerate more quickly, which is exactly what you want in a track car motor."

http://www.enginebuildermag.com/2015/12/tipping-the-scales/
Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
Flat plane crank is lighter.

Lexluther

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350
The voodoo on the left and coyote on the right. Obviously the voodoo has more mass and counter throw weights. The only thing that can offset the mass would be the alloys used. The rifle drilled hollow shaft statement doesn't apply either since the coyote crank on the right obviously has the same thing you can see the holes. I know what was published however advertisers are not engineers and mfg. always publish wrong info. If someone can weight both than it can be fairly and accurately stated which is what.

AAEAAQAAAAAAAATGAAAAJDJhZWIzNGNiLWZmNzctNDA4Mi04MDJkLTk5NDYyYmM2OWY4MQ.jpg

Lexluther

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350
Saw this also.

In fact, Hameedi says that even with its hefty, vibration-absorbing dual-mass flywheel added in, the Voodoo still manages to have less total rotational inertia than the cross-plane crank-havin' Coyote.
Pistons and rods and different with focus on weight. The piston rings are low tension so friction can influence rotational inertia. Only way to cut through the marketing bs would be to test the same 5.2L with a cpc and fpc and see the bhp on a dyno engine stand, apples to apples comparison.

Same for the different cranks they have to be weighed side by side. I'll try to see if I can find the shipping weights of both from the parts dept. since the dealer must get it from motorsports which is distributed by AER MFG INC which go UPS to the dealer.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
The voodoo on the left and coyote on the right. Obviously the voodoo has more mass and counter throw weights. The only thing that can offset the mass would be the alloys used. The rifle drilled hollow shaft statement doesn't apply either since
Lol. The article and video I shared are.engineers and engine builders.

Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
Hit the 8 min mark where CAmisa talks about the voodoo crank vs the coyote crank and how they shaved 5lbs of from 55 lbs coyote crank vs 50 voodoo crank vs 458 Italia 4.5l V8 FPC weighing in at 34lbs.
[ame]

MadCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
The voodoo on the left and coyote on the right. Obviously the voodoo has more mass and counter throw weights. The only thing that can offset the mass would be the alloys used. The rifle drilled hollow shaft statement doesn't apply either since the coyote crank on the right obviously has the same thing you can see the holes. I know what was published however advertisers are not engineers and mfg. always publish wrong info. If someone can weight both than it can be fairly and accurately stated which is what.

That's not a coyote crank. Coyotes have center counterweights.

MadCow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Its tough to tell what kind of crank it is. Can't see a thick forge parting line on any of the throws. Can't see a thin casting line throughout. Looks like an aftermarket forged crank. It could be for any number of V8s cause center counterweights are definitely the exception and not the norm. Even the old 5.4/5.8 didn't have center counterweights in any version, Ford GT included.

Screamer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2116 GT350
The Voodoo crank is not lighter. A flat plane cranks needs more counter balancing than a cross plane coyote crank. So true the voodoo crank is hollow to save weight but so is the coyote. However the voodoo crank has more weight by mass on the counters weights and are more in number as the voodoo needs center weights and coyote crank doesn't have any there. Look at the center of the crank the voodoo on the left and coyote on the right. Also the end weights top and bottom on the voodoo are a lot thicker whereas the coyote only slightly thicker.

See comparison:

Voodoo crank is 5 pounds lighter than a coyote crank. 50 vs 55 pounds., also that crank on the right is not a coyote crank.
That is a light race crank with tungsten slugs for balancing. A coyote crank has center counter weights.

Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
I thought it was more than 5lbs. I guess not.
It's not but what a difference 5lbs makes!!!! the rate at which the Voodoo revs vs coyotes is insanely different!!!! My 12 GT which was heavily modded and tuned for 8k rpm (which was useless other than giving me more headroom) was lazy in comparison...

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
It's not but what a difference 5lbs makes!!!! the rate at which the Voodoo revs vs coyotes is insanely different!!!! My 12 GT which was heavily modded and tuned for 8k rpm (which was useless other than giving me more headroom) was lazy in comparison...
I actually would believe 5lbs would make a difference. It's RIGHT there where everything starts.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
What I find interesting is that a tune and an intake makes almost as much power as a Huracan LP580. And it's the same displacement albeit down 2 cylinders and 250 RPM. Just imagine if this thing had dual throttle bodies...ugh. Missed opportunity in my mind. Yes yes, I know there's packaging issues but they honestly couldn't have done it?

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
A custom intake and you can have dual throttle bodies. You'll probably have to go with speed density.

A romac balancer is 3 pounds lighter than the stock balancer.
Sponsored