GT350 Intake Dyno..ENJOY!

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Can you share what it takes to fix it please in detail when you do it so I can try to pass onto Lund to fix as they do not seem so interested in fixing the cold start aspect of driving, which is bit annoying. :(
Yes sir as soon as I get the throttle body in (just ordered yesterday). I'll install and begin tuning it.
Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Yes sir as soon as I get the throttle body in (just ordered yesterday). I'll install and begin tuning it.
Thanks buddy!
Lund did say next time they have a car in person they'd pay closer attention to cold start but that could be a long time.

I think for them its not such a major issue as majority of their customers drive cars in warmer climates or are automatics. So for most the auto covers the issue up or they just leave their cars to idle for 5-10 minutes to prevent the issue.

If I start and drive immediately its not nice, if I wait for the revs to drop under 1k then it drives a bit better, this must be when closed loop activates?

But its still touchy and jerky until oil temp reads normal on light throttle inputs.

So thanks in advance and its appreciated.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Thanks buddy!
Lund did say next time they have a car in person they'd pay closer attention to cold start but that could be a long time.

I think for them its not such a major issue as majority of their customers drive cars in warmer climates or are automatics. So for most the auto covers the issue up or they just leave their cars to idle for 5-10 minutes to prevent the issue.

If I start and drive immediately its not nice, if I wait for the revs to drop under 1k then it drives a bit better, this must be when closed loop activates?

But its still touchy and jerky until oil temp reads normal on light throttle inputs.

So thanks in advance and its appreciated.
As soon as the coolant temp hits 160* is when the revs drop and it's nice and smooth.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As soon as the coolant temp hits 160* is when the revs drop and it's nice and smooth.
My revs drop before coolant is at 160, but yes by the time the coolant is at 160 it drives nicer for sure. :)

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Well some jackass bought a GT350 Throttle body off amazon and sent back their used stock GT throttle body for a refund. So guess what I got sent instead of the GT350 throttle body:mad: Whoever you are I hope you blow your motor. That sets me back at least a week.

Last edited:

Sponsored

notstok5.0

IG: notstok5.0
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustang6g.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot GT
Vehicle Showcase
^ [MENTION=23439]Terminator2[/MENTION] I thought I was the only one with that kind of luck... I feel for you, good luck!

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Well some jackass bought a GT350 Throttle body off amazon and sent back their used stock GT throttle body for a refund. So guess what I got sent instead of the GT350 throttle body:mad: Whoever you are I hope you blow your motor. That sets me back at least a week.
Maybe it was an engineer who understands how throttle bodies work and was trying to tell you something ;)

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Maybe it was an engineer who understands how throttle bodies work and was trying to tell you something ;)
After waiting almost a month for the GT350 throttle body I said to hell with it. I'm going a different direction with my car.
1t7ng1.png

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After waiting almost a month for the GT350 throttle body I said to hell with it. I'm going a different direction with my car.
1t7ng1.png
Cobra Jet?

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bet the twin jet will get better throttle precision and control, plus its well know the Cobra Jet setup makes a good addition 15-30WHP over the GT 350 IM at the expensive of low/mid range power/torque. Though I suspect it will probably be smoother and drive nicer.

Remember to engine lowering mounts, though I think some get away without if removing hood liner and strut brace.

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I bet the twin jet will get better throttle precision and control, plus its well know the Cobra Jet setup makes a good addition 15-30WHP over the GT 350 IM at the expensive of low/mid range power/torque. Though I suspect it will probably be smoother and drive nicer.

Remember to engine lowering mounts, though I think some get away without if removing hood liner and strut brace.
No brace on mine. Hood liner will be pulled and rear hood skeleton cut so it clears. Twin 60mm was $95 shipped. CJ manifold $799 shipped. 5" 90* silicone elbow $16. 5" aluminum IC pipe to mate to my PMAS MAF and filter $50. Total is less than the GT350 manifold alone $975 shipped cheapest I've found.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
that really sux! death to that guy/gal's steed!

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
ya are making it really hard for me not to pull out the cc and get a 350 im? I really have to be patient and pay with cash!
Sponsored