Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO

WaltA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT Convertible
You really cannot go by that because the marketing team is pretty out of the know in terms of what the models/add-ons/features are. We'll have to wait to see the order guide (I can't see them making too many wheel options for the PP...that would require a lot of different rim set-ups).

The most likely choices will be the premium trims which can get 18's, 19's 20's and probably a few of each.

As long as the GT PP offers at a non-black wheel, I'll be happy. :clap2:

El Diablo

Made in USA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350

Sponsored

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
The interior is mostly the same as before, save for a new, 12-inch digital gauge cluster replacing the traditional analog speedometer and tachometer. We got a brief preview of the system at Ford's Dearborn, Mich. headquarters. It's a lot like Audi's all-digital instrument panel, with numerous configurable modes and display patterns—and a drag racing mode that displays an NHRA-style starting light "christmas tree" for practicing your launches.

source story: http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/news/a32298/2018-ford-mustang/
new-ford-mustang-12-inch-lcd-digital-instrument-cluster-in-sport-view.jpg

TricarboNate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Orange GT
They already said on their page that this will be the highest revving 5.0 ever. Probably will have a GT350 manifold on it.
You suppose they are changing something else to withstand those RPMs?

If so, hopefully we can put some of those parts on ours.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Yes it was a sad and desperate ply to make me stop seeing this thing.. my point is that this veh means the world to Millions of people around the globe and needs to be treated with reverence in the design dept.. it must look mean and symmetrical.. it doesn't.... oh god let me find something to stab my eyes out!
What do you think about the 2015-2017s?

Because when the '15 pictures and specs were launched there was the exact same (probably more so) uproar of how Ford went and 'wrecked our beloved mustang'. It's ugly, it's heavy, it doesn't have enough additional ponies compared to last gen.

Then you know what happened? People got used to the change, got past the knee-jerk reactions, actually started to reserve judgement until they at least saw the car in person. Believe it or not, the world did not end and mustang went on to be great seller for Ford.

Similar will happen here.

Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO

El Diablo

Made in USA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

Kpod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Black
I'm trying hard to like it because I love the engine, suspension and exhaust upgrades, as well as the digital dash.

That front fascia though...

I don't get the headlight shape at all, and the bottom of the front fascia being higher than the body of the car bugs me.
Have you looked at the mustang in your driveway? If it's like my 15 gtpp, it's the same! The bottom of the front is higher than the bottom of the skirts. Nothing new there.