Sponsored

Whats with all the raspy exhaust systems??

OP
OP

Gnfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT PP, 1986 Buick GN
Thanks for the links and advice. When summer comes I will be going to car shows to listen with my own ears. Never heard of ARK or Krona so thanks for the links. The ARKS look like very nice quality and design but the video did nothing for me. I had a Stainless works catback on my Trailblazer SS back in the day and it sounded great and was not to loud. Problem is I dont have any mustang friends so need to wait for car shows. haha
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
you better lock and load man because so many dudes are gonna be over at your house since you got an up and coming mustang loving daughter. :lol:
Lol not my video, but that is what I'd hope for if I ever have a daughter. Made me smile.

invaliduser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible PP
Solo Mach Thunders

[ame] No rasp at least I don't think so.

Sponsored

bigred90gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I must have watched 100 youtube clips trying to find an exhaust that doesn't have that machine gun raspiness higher up the revs.
The best one I think is the Solo Mach XV, I think the "J" Pipes must have something to do with it.
It sounds smooth with no rasp, it's what I'm going for, so far anyway.
You wont be disappointed. I started with the XV, switched to the Thunder mid section, then recently switched back to the XV mid section.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Thanks for the links and advice. When summer comes I will be going to car shows to listen with my own ears. Never heard of ARK or Krona so thanks for the links. The ARKS look like very nice quality and design but the video did nothing for me. I had a Stainless works catback on my Trailblazer SS back in the day and it sounded great and was not to loud. Problem is I dont have any mustang friends so need to wait for car shows. haha
Here is the krona in case you didnt find any videos.

This one is a full review

Heres a clip.

I can link you a few more if you really like it

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
As many have said before, the engine design is the reason for the exhaust. It has almost a european sound to it. I think that is heightened by the fact that is is such a deviation from the classic 302 that the 5.0 moniker is so closely related with that makes you question the sound. With that said, these cars can sound mean and there are SO many exhaust systems out there. Of course we prefer our Thunderstorm axle back systems or the Ford Racing performance GT350 exhaust.

Brent Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black Premium Mustang GT

Longtubes, hybrid X/H setup, catless, with GT500 mufflers.

Great noise. No drone.
I liked how your car sound. I currently have the MBRP system with the H-pipe and will be taking the MBRP mufflers off and replacing with 2011 GT-500 mufflers as well. So you do not have resonators or anything like that do you with the GT-500 mufflers on your car? I ask because those mufflers sounded great on my 2014 GT as well BUT it still had the stock resonators with LT's and no cats.

Thanks,

Brostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT-350 Oxford & LB
I have the MBRP Street. Sounds great at low-mid rpm. Up top it get's brappy though. I'm considering doing an exhaust experiment where I replace the H with the MRT DMS. I know it's not a straight swap and will involve minor cutting, but I'm curious as to how it would affect the sound.

Does anyone know what the inside of the DMS is like?

Sponsored

P51DNA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
[ame]

These cars are tuff, especially when headers are in the mix. I'm sure there are countless amount of people here who had modified/changed there exhaust at least once. I think I have modified mine 4 times.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
been told mine sounds wicked. Only a little rasp at part throttle down low but really shines on WOT! Also even with no cats the LT's aren't that loud!

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Here's mine with stock headers, borla S-type CBE.
[ame]

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
Here's mine with stock headers, borla S-type CBE.
:headbang::cheers: I need to do a youtube video. Mine sounds similar to yours!

cost breakdown of my exhaust: Longtubes= $631.00 shipped, $500 install, hearth throb h pipe delete $118 shipped, install=bloody knuckles, SLP LM II's=$231.00 shipped, install= $50. total=$1,530.00 and worth every penny!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
As with the first comment I think you'll want to go with one of these three if you're going for a catback and want minimum/no rasp even at high RPM. I love my Stainless Works so I can't recommend them enough. I think the ARH's sound just a tad better based on the YouTube clips I watched before purchasing. I just couldn't afford the ARH.

1. ARH Catback (H-Pipe)
2. Stainless Works Catback (H-Pipe)
3. MRT Catback (H-Pipe)
Sponsored