Sponsored

Why doesn't Ford use the 3.5l twin turbo in the Mustang?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Or go another direction. Say they offer the GT with the V6 Ecoboost and a V8 with 50 less hp. I think the V8 would still be higher on the take rate.
The Ecoboost and v6 Mustang out sells the v8 now. The 4 and 6 cylinder Mustangs have always out sold the v8s.
Sponsored

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Ok you can't compare a 4 or 6 turbo to a NA V8. a turbo or blower V8 will also be better. I did not pay the price you say to add a blower but I would if I had to for the power and sound it add to my already awesome V8. You can have fun with you 4 or 6 cylinder mustang. So un American lol
Given the bulk of this thread is about the twin turbo 6 being a possible replacement for the NA v8, of course you can make the comparison.

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
Ok you can't compare a 4 or 6 turbo to a NA V8. a turbo or blower V8 will also be better. I did not pay the price you say to add a blower but I would if I had to for the power and sound it add to my already awesome V8. You can have fun with you 4 or 6 cylinder mustang. So un American lol
But the Mustang has always had a V6........I think the first Mustangs that came out were 6 cylinders. How is a V6 un-American??? Please give me a logical answer and not just something you pull out of your ass like "the v8 sounds better and is faster" which is what im sure you want to say.

Plus the V6's have made a lot of revenue for Ford these past 50 years to continue selling Mustangs at such a cheap costs. Who knows what could've happened to the Mustang if there was no volume seller.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
But the Mustang has always had a V6........I think the first Mustangs that came out were 6 cylinders. How is a V6 un-American??? Please give me a logical answer and not just something you pull out of your ass like "the v8 sounds better and is faster" which is what im sure you want to say.

Plus the V6's have made a lot of revenue for Ford these past 50 years to continue selling Mustangs at such a cheap costs. Who knows what could've happened to the Mustang if there was no volume seller.
The original Mustangs had inline sixes. Wanting an engine to sound good is very logical. I wouldn't say a V6 is un-American. It just isn't great sounding. I don't care if the 6 (either straight, flat or V) is faster. Speed isn't as important to me as enjoying the ride.

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
The original Mustangs had inline sixes. Wanting an engine to sound good is very logical. I wouldn't say a V6 is un-American. It just isn't great sounding. I don't care if the 6 (either straight, flat or V) is faster. Speed isn't as important to me as enjoying the ride.
Wanting an engine to sound good is fine, I was just asking him for a logical explanation on why he thinks the V6 is un-American when it has been in the Mustang for a long time.
And coming from a 2014 Nissan Sentra, I think the V6 Mustang sounds great :headbonk:.
Speed isn't as important to me as enjoying the ride either (obviously I have a V6 right)....that's why I cannot go back to Automatic.

Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I have an ecoboost in my f150 and it hauls ass, but I have to admit it's a truck I'm okay with a 6 cylinder, when it comes to a sports car I want that v8 snarl. It's just too entoxicating to give up. That said if there is a signifigant performance difference between an eco6 and a v8 that makes the eco6 top dog, then it would be very tempting to take that tq magnet over the v8. Just my 2 cents

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
The only people who complain about the GT having a V6 are the ones who can't afford to buy one.
Not really. The Ford GT looks incredible but sounds like absolute shit. Have you heard one in person? It's even worse than the Youtube vids make it out to be.

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
Not really. The Ford GT looks incredible but sounds like absolute shit. Have you heard one in person? It's even worse than the Youtube vids make it out to be.
I think when you are considering a car of that caliber...sound would be the least of your worries. Ive heard vipers that sound like shit and they are v10s.
Plus the GT is a ***** magnet.

JJAMARA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT triple yellow

4 and 6 cylinder mustangs are sold to the masses that can't afford a V8. Any one that says otherwise is a lying. To make themselves fell good for buying a fake mustang.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think when you are considering a car of that caliber...sound would be the least of your worries. Ive heard vipers that sound like shit and they are v10s.
Plus the GT is a ***** magnet.
If your reason for spending that much money on a car is to pick up girls, you're an idiot.

The Ford GT is an incredible car but it's undeniable that it sounds completely terrible. That is its one shortcoming. Anyone who says they wouldn't still take one is lying, but it would not be my first choice in that price range, solely due to the way it sounds.

Sponsored

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
4 and 6 cylinder mustangs are sold to the masses that can't afford a V8. Any one that says otherwise is a lying. To make themselves fell good for buying a fake mustang.
Lol a fake Mustang...so a car thats been sold for 50 years is fake? are you just pulling shit out of your ass again? Ill wait for you to provide a statement from Ford saying that the v6 is "fake" and "un-American". Im curious where this information is coming from because i need evidence.

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
:lol::lol::lol: Such machismo. Settle down there, killer.

A Mustang is a Mustang regardless of what engine it leaves the factory with. Again, allow me to quote Iacocca's speech at the Mustang's introduction at the '64 World's Fair and then re-read your idiotic statement. :ford:

:ford:

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey, let's not disparage our smaller displacement brothers. We all love Mustangs here, no matter what their engine size is.

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249

My wife is interested in picking up a convertible. She loves the growl of a V8, but also knows that she won't use the HP and doesn't want the mpg that driving a v8 would involve.

Right now she has a 2015 Lexus GT350 that we purchased new. She/We can afford to buy a v8. If she chooses to get a 4 turbo or a 6, it won't be because she can't afford a v8.

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
Cause a v8 mustang is sooo expensive.Quite a few eb's optioned well above the cost of a v8. Money has nothing to do with some people's purchase decision.
Anybody who feels the need to constantly talk down on engine choice is lying to themselves and trying to feel better about shortcomings in other areas of their life.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.