Sponsored

Those tracking your GT350

bgjersey30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Shadow Black stripe delete
Are you using a harness for track days or the stock seat belts? I want to add a rollbar or harness bar but do not want to modify anything in the interior.

Curious as to what most are doing.
Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Check your local track and track day org rules on roll bars and harness bars. I know it sounds counter intuitive but often harness bars and certain point mount roll bars aren't allowed.

RoadRacer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I installed a Cool Tech roll bar that required minimal modification to the interior. I added a RSD kit but that wasn't required to use the roll bar....I just wanted to eliminate the rear seat being used for passengers.

The track org I run with, NASA, prohibits use of 4-pt harnesses. I use a Schroth 6-pt harness, Corbeau race seat and a Planted base. Super easy to swap out with the stock seat....4 bolts and the electrical plug and I'm ready for the track.
Roll bar.jpg
Race seat.jpg

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
Schroth QuickFit harness here. Very happy with it. (And yes, I am aware of the arguments against it.)

Sponsored

Zcobra1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bert
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Ferrari 360, Viper GTS, C6-Z06, 70'Trans Am
I installed a Cool Tech roll bar that required minimal modification to the interior. I added a RSD kit but that wasn't required to use the roll bar....I just wanted to eliminate the rear seat being used for passengers.

The track org I run with, NASA, prohibits use of 4-pt harnesses. I use a Schroth 6-pt harness, Corbeau race seat and a Planted base. Super easy to swap out with the stock seat....4 bolts and the electrical plug and I'm ready for the track.
Not to criticize, you feel safe in a Corbeau seat over a Cobra or Sparco,
Recaro, etc. ? Yes cost difference, but ....

bmailpb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Have you done the track attack yet? They use the watson racing setup which does a stock bolt in. Looks pretty nice in the car and doesn't affect ingress/egress.

Sponsored

bmailpb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Oh, and by the way, an investment in a set of harnesses and a HANS or Necksgen is a better investment than a roll bar. You're much more likely to hit something and stay shiny side up than to flip over.

cweller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Is there a way to use the Schroth QuickFit harness in an R model? After all, there is no back seat and thus no rear seat belts to plug into.

Spacebird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
Is there a way to use the Schroth QuickFit harness in an R model? After all, there is no back seat and thus no rear seat belts to plug into.
I've installed a rear seat in a R. You can probably just order the female seatbelt and fasteners for a standard Mustang and remove the fiberglass rear seat delete partition when you want to use the QuickFit.

snaproll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
350R/88LX/FR500S
Oh, and by the way, an investment in a set of harnesses and a HANS or Necksgen is a better investment than a roll bar. You're much more likely to hit something and stay shiny side up than to flip over.
No, just stop. It doesn't work that way. There are other threads here and across the interweb with all the reasons why but you don't "invest" in a head and neck restraint without rollover protection. Harnesses are a bad idea as well. The 4 point hoops are easy and available from several sources here. Stay safe. :thumbsup:

alevine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Porsche GT3, '15 BMW M3, '17 GT350R, '05 997

I am by no means an expert but I have always been told that if you run with harnesses that you need a roll bar and HANS. In fact, I don't think my track will let me on if I don't have all 3. That said, I can run the standard 3 point seat belt and no roll bar if I like all day. But if I want one of the 3 items listed above I must have the other 2.
Sponsored