Sponsored

Went to the Strip with my Ecoboost...

turboph1sh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Ecoboost
Hey all,

I went out to MIR on Sunday (10/30/16) and made 3 passes during test and tune.

Here is my setup:

2016 Ecoboost Manual -- Base w/ Perf pack only.

- cobb turboback
- Tune+ WGA
- Denso Plugs
- CPE FMIC
- JLT CAI
- 93 oct Tune+ tune

Stock tires, stock pressure.

The DA was between 1000-1500 yesterday I believe.

The best I could muster was a 13.2 at 104.6.

60 ft was 1.89.

Flat foot shifted 1-2 and 2-3 3-4 was not flat foot. Shifting at just about redline.

After reading people being in the upper 100s with tune only, I am feeling a bit disappointed.

I am a decent driver and went 11.97 at 119 in my 2011 5.0 a couple years back with only tune, CAI and catless h pipe.

Any thoughts?

For reference my friend who was with me, with a CAI and catback only focus ST ran a best of 99 MPH.
Sponsored

dot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White '16 EB PP
Last edited:
OP
OP

turboph1sh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Ecoboost
IMO, that seems too slow, especially when compared to other EB Manual transmission times.

I don't know what tires these people are running, but here are forum member times from this thread:

Jhmmfqsl.jpg
My weight was 3825 too.

I datalogged with the tuner and all was well.

Car doesn't feel slow, so idk if its shifting points or what.

connellcr3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
That's about what I've ran as well, my best 60' was a 2.0 though. I can't seem to get a decent launch on the stock tires. However, I am not a drag racer by any means. I go for fun.

OP
OP

turboph1sh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Ecoboost
That's about what I've ran as well, my best 60' was a 2.0 though. I can't seem to get a decent launch on the stock tires. However, I am not a drag racer by any means. I go for fun.
What was your MPH? Was that with your 351hp dyno?

Sponsored

connellcr3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
What was your MPH? Was that with your 351hp dyno?
I'll have to check timeslip when I get home, but I believe it was 106.xx as well, and yes that was on the same setup.

OP
OP

turboph1sh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Ecoboost
I'll have to check timeslip when I get home, but I believe it was 106.xx as well, and yes that was on the same setup.
Gotcha. MIR is a good track to make good times at, I feel like I drove well enough but, to be down potentially 5 MPH or more doesn't make much sense.

No issues with Boost, no issues with fuel cut or anything. The 13.2 was my best time. The other 2 were 13.5 and 13.7 at 103 and 104.

mtoo22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Whipple GT
I was at MIR yesterday as well in mine. I have the Ecoboost Base with stock tires 18" rims. Running E30 and the Speed Factory full race IC with Tune+ E30 tune. My best time was 13.28 @ 104. It was pretty warm yesterday too so maybe that added to it. If you ever need someone to run up with let me know!

connellcr3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
Gotcha. MIR is a good track to make good times at, I feel like I drove well enough but, to be down potentially 5 MPH or more doesn't make much sense.

No issues with Boost, no issues with fuel cut or anything. The 13.2 was my best time. The other 2 were 13.5 and 13.7 at 103 and 104.
Yeah, I think my time was actually a 13.5 because of the shitty 60ft. I might give it another try in a week or so. Our track down here is garbage.

OP
OP

turboph1sh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Ecoboost
I was at MIR yesterday as well in mine. I have the Ecoboost Base with stock tires 18" rims. Running E30 and the Speed Factory full race IC with Tune+ E30 tune. My best time was 13.28 @ 104. It was pretty warm yesterday too so maybe that added to it. If you ever need someone to run up with let me know!
OH crap ok. That makes me feel a bit better. I guess the heat affects us pretty good. I have noticed a marked increase in performance from 80F to 60F.

Im in Ashburn so were pretty close.

Sponsored

mtoo22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Whipple GT
Yeah, I'm in Alexandria. And yes I've definitely noticed a difference. In the 60s I definitely make more boost. I didn't notice any timing being pulled, thanks to Adam, but I do notice that I don't get the boost I do in the cool air. Who would have thought yesterday would have been 85°F

OP
OP

turboph1sh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Ecoboost
Yeah, I'm in Alexandria. And yes I've definitely noticed a difference. In the 60s I definitely make more boost. I didn't notice any timing being pulled, thanks to Adam, but I do notice that I don't get the boost I do in the cool air. Who would have thought yesterday would have been 85°F
Yea especially since today is supposed to be in the 50s.

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
That isn't too far off for a stock tire manual car. Would have to see a log to see where you are shifting to really get a good idea where you could improve.

Bet you would pick up a few tenths and mph if you tossed the stock intake back in there. Kris did and he went the fastest he has ever went. He is running 12.5-12.6 with street tires on E30.

OP
OP

turboph1sh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Ecoboost
That isn't too far off for a stock tire manual car. Would have to see a log to see where you are shifting to really get a good idea where you could improve.

Bet you would pick up a few tenths and mph if you tossed the stock intake back in there. Kris did and he went the fastest he has ever went. He is running 12.5-12.6 with street tires on E30.
Thanks for the input. I was thinking about data logging a full run for you, but I got sidetracked when we were getting called up and what not.

the only area I think I could improve on is launch and shift points. I did notice that 2-3 flatfoot the car dies like fuel cut then snaps back to life after about a second. This may be because i was shifting far to close to redline.

Maybe a better launch (better tires) different shift points and maybe power shifting as opposed to flat footing the 2-3. The car does not have FFS enabled (this was by default not by selection) so maybe if that was enabled, it would have helped.

I didn't note at what RPM I was launching as it was more of a feel thing. Maybe 3k?

We got 3 runs in, in about 5 hours so not ideal for learning the car easily.

I will try again if we get more with colder weather.

Fast64ranchero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
63 Ranchero, 1972 Pinto, 2015 Mustang
Thanks for the input. I was thinking about data logging a full run for you, but I got sidetracked when we were getting called up and what not.

the only area I think I could improve on is launch and shift points. I did notice that 2-3 flatfoot the car dies like fuel cut then snaps back to life after about a second. This may be because i was shifting far to close to redline.

Maybe a better launch (better tires) different shift points and maybe power shifting as opposed to flat footing the 2-3. The car does not have FFS enabled (this was by default not by selection) so maybe if that was enabled, it would have helped..
Are you sure Flat Foot Shifting is turned on on the tune? Mine wasn't and it made a huge difference in ET and MPH
Sponsored