Warranty Engine Replacement - No Oil Pressure

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Good info, and I imagine there is damage. I was frantically pressing the start/stop button to try to shut it down but it wouldn't turn off until I came to a complete stop. Is that normal? I had the clutch in for sure and the revs dropped to idle speed, maybe I didn't shift into neutral until I came to a stop and that's why it wouldn't let me kill the engine.
Yeah same thing happen to me it won't turn off when your rolling unless you hold the button down for 2-3 s seconds. Must be a safety feature so it accidentally can't get turned off while driving.
Sponsored

OP
OP
kairojya

kairojya

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Yeah same thing happen to me it won't turn off when your rolling unless you hold the button down for 2-3 s seconds. Must be a safety feature so it accidentally can't get turned off while driving.
Damn I should've thought of that. Though this happened on a Friday 1 mile from almost getting home from a long week of work. My brain was shut off by that point!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Don't try to second guess yourself. Many would not have done as well as you did. You are covered. I know it's easy for me to say, but it should be fine.

Another word of advice is don't comment anymore until ford gives you a reason otherwise. Let them take care of it.

OP
OP
kairojya

kairojya

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Don't try to second guess yourself. Many would not have done as well as you did. You are covered. I know it's easy for me to say, but it should be fine.

Another word of advice is don't comment anymore until ford gives you a reason otherwise. Let them take care of it.
Agreed, thank you. I don't intend to use this thread to bash Ford or complain. I love the car, I even daily it despite having a boring beater car that I should be using. I mainly wanted to post this to share and receive information. I'm definitely giving Ford and the dealer a chance. We'll see how it goes!

I used this dealer before when I had an issue with driver's axle outer CV boot leaking. My car was brand new and I was a little pissed. I didn't buy the car from this dealer, but I did give them a harder time than I needed to. They did a good job with repairing my car as quick as possible and taking care of my car while it was in their hands. Though I'll never know if it's because I got Ford Service involved via our regional service manager. This time I'm giving them time and a chance. I guess I'm a bit less worried about leaving my car in the hands of other people since I'm having a major problem with the engine. I felt differently leaving my car with them when I got it days beforehand and it had only 200 miles on it!

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
A question if I may. So does the GT 350 not run an upraged OPG/sprocket then compared to the GT?

Sponsored

OP
OP
kairojya

kairojya

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Update

The dealer looked at my car today (a day earlier than them and I expected). I was told that I need a new engine. My service adviser said something along the lines of "the top isn't getting oil". They put in a request/claim for a new engine and are awaiting a response from Ford. The adviser said he believes they will not open the engine for further diagnostics; they will likely just remove it and send it to Ford for them to open up.

I asked them how they diagnosed that I need a new engine, and that I would like them to prove I need a new one before they go down the route of removing my engine. I was told that after verifying the fluid levels and that there were no obvious leaks or damage on the outside of the engine, they started the engine and "verified" there's no oil pressure, and based on the noise they believe the top end of the engine is not getting oil.

I was told this over the phone from the service adviser, so I can't be certain if this is just him saying things that mostly sound like they make sense, or if this is all true. I'm curious to hear other owner's opinion of this. On one hand I think "well that's one way to diagnose it", on the other hand I'm wondering if there was not more they could've done before running the engine and potentially damaging it further. I was hoping to hear they turned it over by hand (via the crank pulley bolt) and checked for any obvious restrictions, and maybe took some covers off to check the valve train and timing chain. Perhaps they did this, but the adviser told me they didn't open up any of the engine as they will wait for further instruction from Ford.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
From what I have read on this board, it is the same Gear, unfortunately.

I am shocked by that! Clearly they cannot handle the high RPM of the 350.

I'd have thought Ford would of built the 5.2 engines with the FRPP oil pump that supposedly has the TSS gears, but I guess not. :(

Gigantor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
You are fortunate they are replacing your engine. Consider it a blessing you don't have to get into a debate over this

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I don't think they would damage it further by starting it. Either the oil pump failed or it didn't.

Sponsored
OP
OP
kairojya

kairojya

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
You are fortunate they are replacing your engine. Consider it a blessing you don't have to get into a debate over this
That's one way to look at it.

I prefer thinking about the depreciation and how I'm no longer going to fully trust accelerating/revving out this car with the new engine, and that makes me :(.

Gigantor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
That's one way to look at it.

I prefer thinking about the depreciation and how I'm no longer going to fully trust accelerating/revving out this car with the new engine, and that makes me :(.

No worries, your car was made to rev high. Ideally you want things to break while under warranty.

The odds are slim to none on getting another lemon

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Numbers matching might matter 25 years from now but I doubt it would affect value now. I'd have no heartburn buying the car with a replaced engine. In fact, several years ago I bought a VW GLI with a replaced engine with less than 1K miles on car, drove it for 2 years and traded it in. Even with a branded title (VW had re-purchased the car), I was perfectly happy with the trade value they put on the car. (Yes, I realize a GT350 and a VW are 2 different things entirely. However, I believe the point is still valid).

Sammy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
It is not only the RPM but the pressures are amazingly high for this engine as well. 5-50 VS 0-20 in the standard GT is not in the same ball park.

TxOilMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Kyle, I hope you get your car back and it's 100% like new. This will be the true test for this dealer and FP. I also would have thought that starting the engine would just cause more damage. Hopefully they did so after consulting with the appropriate person at FP. I wonder if there is any way we can find out how many '15 and'16 cars have lost an engine. Yours is the second one that I know of in the D/FW area. The other 350 had less than 500 miles when it tanked. I hope to see you back in the group, my friend.
Sponsored