Sponsored

Steeda's S550 Mustang Clutch Spring Assist 35 lb/in - Now Available!

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Got my Steeda spring installed this weekend. Huge difference, i always hated the way taking off in 1st then 2nd felt.. this feels much more solid!! I didn't even know they offered this solution until i saw this thread.

Thanks!
Glad you saw this thread - it is very difficult to reach the masses but we do our best - word of mouth marketing is our best asset :)

Thank you for the feedback & we appreciate your support.

Best Regards,

TJ
Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Are these in stock? My order from 8/2 is still showing as assigned...... order 1023539. Doesn't look like it's shipped yet
Let me run this by the sales team & see what may be taking place.

Best Regards,

TJ

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Are these in stock? My order from 8/2 is still showing as assigned...... order 1023539. Doesn't look like it's shipped yet. :shrug:
It was shipped out on 8-3-16.

You should have received an automatic email with tracking ... please check your spam folder & let us know if you didn't received it.

I will see if they sales team can re-deploy the tracking number.

TJ

15RRGT

I am teh liquor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT PP TVS
Got the info, thanks!

dtxstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CompOFiveO
Ordered the spring!

Does anyone have the plastic pieces that come out when removing the original spring? I broke mine when I removed the stock spring a while back. I'd love to buy them from you!

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Anyone reading, do this mod as quickly as you can.

Since Day 2, I've been running without my clutch assist spring, about 9 months. With the spring, it was _not_ good, I'm talking don't want to drive this car not good.

I knew in advance of buying this was free fix, just remove the spring, about 45 seconds. Well, it was way better, but I always felt like it was just a touch heavy. My car isn't a daily driver, so I was still OK with it, very rare I needed to drive in traffic, etc.

So anyway, I've known about the Steeda replacement since they released it, just would think about ordering one, never get around to it, repeat. Anyway, so glad I finally did it, for ~$20, it makes the clutch effort *perfect*, so go get this right now. :D

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Afterhaving the 35lb spring in for two months I took it out and put the stock back in. Not sure if it's because of the two months of muscle memory or what but the car is so much easier to drive now. Effortless clutch almost feels like an auto. Gone are the higher rpm vibes/buzz through the clutch pedal at engagement. I think for a daily driver some of you should try the switch back. I look at it like the 35lb spring was training wheels for understanding this car.

KP6Five

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KP
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 5.0L Race Red
So did anyone find out where you can buy the stock spring and cap assembly without buying the whole pedal assembly? Seeing I lost mine when I moved. SMH... If anyone wants to sell theirs let me know.

Heardcuh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
C.O.
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
With all he people who lose their plastic retainer bits or throw them away I'm surprised no one has scanned the pieces to have them 3D printed.

Sponsored

KP6Five

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KP
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 5.0L Race Red
Cool... Thank you!

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You can't buy it separately from Ford. Someone here has his machinist make one out of aluminum.
We are currently working on replacement solutions!

Best Regards,

TJ

RadRubyRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue Mustang GT Premium Convertible
We are currently working on replacement solutions!

Best Regards,

TJ

So today, I took a ride up to Steeda's Valdosta, GA location to have my Tri-Ax race short shifter installed. After it was installed by their technician Jamie, I took for a test ride and absolutely love it. . I'm probably going to be driving my car a heck of a lot more now that I'm really enjoying the shifter. If anyone is on the fence about which shifter to get, don't fret about it and go buy the Steeda Tri-Ax race short throw shifter now! You won't regret it!

While up there, I happen to mention to the manager Scott about how I broke my clutch spring assembly holder and was wondering if I could just buy their spring and use my old assembly even though I broke off one of the top tabs. It just so happens (as TJ mentioned in the previous post) that Steeda has been working on a replacement clutch spring assembly. As it turns out, while I was at their Valdosta location today, one of their engineers Alex offered to give me one of their prototypes to have and report back to them how it worked out. Jamie installed it in my car within 20 seconds. I am now driving with their aluminum prototype clutch assembly and spring and I absolutely love it. In my opinion, this is exactly how it should have come from the factory! So look for Steeda to come out with their new clutch spring assembly soon. Here's the picture of it with their spring:
image.jpg

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So today, I took a ride up to Steeda's Valdosta, GA location to have my Tri-Ax race short shifter installed. After it was installed by their technician Jamie, I took for a test ride and absolutely love it. . I'm probably going to be driving my car a heck of a lot more now that I'm really enjoying the shifter. If anyone is on the fence about which shifter to get, don't fret about it and go buy the Steeda Tri-Ax race short throw shifter now! You won't regret it!

While up there, I happen to mention to the manager Scott about how I broke my clutch spring assembly holder and was wondering if I could just buy their spring and use my old assembly even though I broke off one of the top tabs. It just so happens (as TJ mentioned in the previous post) that Steeda has been working on a replacement clutch spring assembly. As it turns out, while I was at their Valdosta location today, one of their engineers Alex offered to give me one of their prototypes to have and report back to them how it worked out. Jamie installed it in my car within 20 seconds. I am now driving with their aluminum prototype clutch assembly and spring and I absolutely love it. In my opinion, this is exactly how it should have come from the factory! So look for Steeda to come out with their new clutch spring assembly soon. Here's the picture of it with their spring:
Appreciate the info - they tell you more about the projects they are working on than me, lol, they must not want me to let the cat out of the bag too early.

We listen to the people & bring products to market that are needed!

Best Regards,

TJ

frankieb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 2 Deep Impact Blue
Just put my Steeda spring in this week. Absolutely love the clutch feel. The pedal stiffness increase was barely noticeable and I can feel what the clutch is doing. No more mushy, dead, lifeless clutch feedback and trying to guesstimate the engagement point. It is so nice to be able to shift smoothly without thinking, definitely makes driving my car more fun and relaxing. Steeda nailed it on these springs, I also have the Steeda CAI and it was excellent fit and quality too. I see more of their products going on my car soon, they are true Mustang nuts to the core.
Sponsored