Sponsored

Which finish would you like to see on the all new Project 6GR wheels?

• Gloss Black

Votes: 338 44.6%
  • Flat Graphite

Votes: 260 34.3%
  • Matte Black

Votes: 160 21.1%

• Total voters

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Now if you know your subnetting you should be able to figure out the last octet after a few tries :)
If it's only two digits, there's 90 possibilities. Otherwise it's one of 253 possibilities, though it's highly unlikely your ISP is issuing an address ending in anything under .10, since those are usually reserved for networking equipment.
Sponsored

stresstest

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 GT Premium
Both are possible but neither explain why I get the same results at work. That's the puzzling part. I can assure you that my office has nothing to do with anything my home PC has to do with network-wise.

stresstest

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 GT Premium
If it's only two digits, there's 90 possibilities. Otherwise it's one of 253 possibilities, though it's highly unlikely your ISP is issuing an address ending in anything under .10, since those are usually reserved for networking equipment.

Not if you take subnetting into account

Again, see my last post though

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
... or the server he has the images hosted on is shared and that servers IP is blacklisted by my ISP?
That's possible as well, but that would be two ISPs unless Comcast also serves your work; and I've never seen a customer ISP block inbound, provider-based blacklists almost exclusively only exist at hosting providers.

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
Not if you take subnetting into account

Again, see my last post though
Well, you didn't provide a subnet mask, so I can only guess based on your obfuscation of the fourth octet, providing me, with at best, a /24 CIDR. Now, if I WHOIS that net block, I can see the Comcast owns the whole 92.192.0.0/10 block, but you've already confirmed the second and third octets. So I have the missing fourth octet, giving me a theoretical 1 in 254 chance of guessing.

Sponsored

stresstest

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 GT Premium
Right, that's what's got me all fked up over here. My company serves my company. Depending on where you look on the internet, we are the largest telecom in the world, other places list us as the 5th largest in the world. Either way, just know that for network its all us and nothing to do with comcast. I'm pretty sure as a comcast user my packets travel on more of my companies backbones than comcast's if i want to say hit a server anywhere out of state.

I dunno man. If I had the logins to the routers I could figure this out pretty quick. At this point its a huge question mark for me since I am trying from two completely inclusive paths/networks with the exact same results....

If I was at work and saw this I'd be modifying routing tables hahaa

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
Right, that's what's got me all fked up over here. My company serves my company. Depending on where you look on the internet, we are the largest telecom in the world, other places list us as the 5th largest in the world. Either way, just know that for network its all us and nothing to do with comcast. I'm pretty sure as a comcast user my packets travel on more of my companies backbones than comcast's if i want to say hit a server anywhere out of state.

I dunno man. If I had the logins to the routers I could figure this out pretty quick. At this point its a huge question mark for me since I am trying from two completely inclusive paths/networks with the exact same results....

If I was at work and saw this I'd be modifying routing tables hahaa
As long as you don't work for Level3, we're fine. I'm guessing it's on the server side though.

stresstest

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 GT Premium
Wanna see another wrench? I just took the phone off of wifi and made sure it was over the LTE network....

And no, not level 3. Small fish those guys

Ok, so that's exactly what I get at work and at home and repeatable on the cell. Guess I'm never seeing Pauls pics.... smh

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
Wanna see another wrench? I just took the phone off of wifi and made sure it was over the LTE network....

And no, not level 3. Small fish those guys

Ok, so that's exactly what I get at work and at home and repeatable on the cell. Guess I'm never seeing Pauls pics.... smh
That's really strange. Almost as if it's region-based. Perhaps it's a problem with the BGP routing of the AS (on the hosting provider's side)? I want to say we had a similar problem accessing a vendor site a while back and it was traced to that.

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
I'm just musing here. My background is in security, so while I have a strong understanding of networks, I'm not as adept in the functions that a dedicated network engineer does. Final thought, have you tried a proxy or VPN? Try something like TunnelBear for chrome. You can get a gigabyte free so you can at least test access from outside your region.

Sponsored

stresstest

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 GT Premium
Hrmm... I have a proxy in the Netherlands I could try.... I'll give that a whirl tomorrow night. Bed time. 4am comes early. Great idea though, I'll give it a shot when I'm not trying to deprive myself of sleep

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)

stresstest

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 GT Premium
Paul.. we'd both smack you for saying "computer field" since its not even close... it would be like me asking if you know what a wheel weight is :)

But since this isn't your field I'll just say both of us lol

stresstest

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 GT Premium
@Dirtyblueshirt

Checked at work (Still here) and we ride a tunnel from the building and come out in GA before anything is public. As far as anyone knows, we're there. So that throws the region based theory out too... craziest thing ever
Sponsored