Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
OK, I'll fess up. I'm 65. My high school car was a C code 289 Turquoise 65 Mustang Convertible 4 speed that I bought used. Flipped burgers for $1.10 an hour to pay for it. I've probably owned at least 20 to 25 different Mustangs over the years and I'm down to 5 currently. Here's a shot from a couple of years ago. The back row are all K Code cars. I've since sold 2 of them along with the Dusk Rose 67. Needed to help pay for the Boss and the R. :)
looks like there was a mustang meet at your house
Sponsored

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
Thank God, I was beginning to feel like the resident old fart, 60 here. :D

No your not the old fart resident here I'm him, and I bought my first mustang in 1966 when I came home from from over seas US Navy Vietnam veteran!

Oh I almost forgot 71 and still love driving Cool Fast Mustangs. Thanks :ford: :cheers: John

FAST FRED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-150 ROUSH,2019 GT350R,2021 GT500
61 Tomorrow. :cheers:

NipSC4328

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Twister Orange w\ Black OTTS
No your not the old fart resident here I'm him, and I bought my first mustang in 1966 when I came home from from over seas US Navy Vietnam veteran!

Oh I almost forgot 71 and still love driving Cool Fast Mustangs. Thanks :ford: :cheers: John
Thanks! I missed Nam through the good fortune of having a very high draft number the last two years, though I have several friends and relatives who served. IMO, our Vietnam Vets never got the recognition they deserved. God bless you, and thanks for your service! :cheers:

Sponsored

Psypher

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Mustang Shadow Black Tech PKG
I'm 38 and a long time Mustang Fan. I have owned a total of 4 Mustangs over the years and still have 3 in the garage. I will say this is the first New Mustang I have bought. In high school I had a 85 stang, In college I found an 88 LX 5.0 which I heavily modified and still own. Back in 97 a buddy was getting rid of his 96 Mustang Cobra so I scooped that one up and again hung onto it. Most recently I found a 2016 Shadow Black no stripes in Buena Park CA at the Ken Grody Ford delearship at MSRP and I could not pass that opportunity. I flew down from Reno NV picked it up and drove it back home. I already have around 2000 miles on it and I must say this is truly the best all around mustang I have ever driven.

AGGT350

AG Tech Black OTT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AG2016
Man!! I hope I will be as cool as the gents her over 60 driving such an awesome beast! Keep it up (stop with your dirty minds, just stop) fellas.

ShadowBlackR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R - GR222
Are those milk jugs in the background?

oh and about your cars....freakin nice! :thumbsup:
LOL. Now that you mention it they do look like milk jugs, but no, they are some pottery that my wife liked.

SlowArrow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
You can't stop getting older, but you can stay immature forever! I'm in with the old farts - 64 years old. This is the 5th mustang - and the most fun car I've ever owned. It makes me smile every time we go out.

ShadowBlackR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R - GR222
BTW, thought you might enjoy my present from the local PD. Oops.
shelbyticket00020001.jpg

Sponsored

AGGT350

AG Tech Black OTT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AG2016
WTF! You only have to register your car every 2 years?!

ShadowBlackR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R - GR222
Good catch. I hadn't noticed that. We register every year like most other states. The only thing different (that I'm aware of) is that a new car "inspection" is good for 2 years in Texas. Maybe it has something to do with that. I'll check the windshield sticker when I get home to see when it expires. The officer had a hand held device that scanned the bar code on my drivers license and the bar code on the windshield sticker. After I "signed" the screen on the device it then spit out the paper citation. Very quick.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
BTW, thought you might enjoy my present from the local PD. Oops.
Ouch! :eyebulge:

Sorry to see this sort of thing happen and hope that the fine and points were not too bad?

Having said that I certainly like your personalized plate along with the beautiful color combination on your R model!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

:cheers:

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
GT350 (sold); 04 Cobra (sold)
46 and probably the only female in this thread. :D

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Good catch. I hadn't noticed that. We register every year like most other states. The only thing different (that I'm aware of) is that a new car "inspection" is good for 2 years in Texas. Maybe it has something to do with that. I'll check the windshield sticker when I get home to see when it expires. The officer had a hand held device that scanned the bar code on my drivers license and the bar code on the windshield sticker. After I "signed" the screen on the device it then spit out the paper citation. Very quick.
Yep, new car is a 2 year inspection in Texas, then every year after that.
Sponsored