Sponsored

WHAT DID YOU PAY!!!

TURTL3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LB Mustang 3.7 6MT
Great thread, this has been very helpful.

I've done an estimate for Ford Koons of Baltimore (I live like an hour away):

Base GT no options, MT

WOW Price: $27,595
+ $900 Freight
+$300 Doc Fee
+$750 Rebate for Taxes
-------------------------------
=$29,545 Before tax
+ $1772 6% MD State Tax
=$31,317
+ $330 TTL
-$750 Rebate
OTD: $30,897 to be financed through Credit Union

Two Questions:

1. Does this seem realistic? I'll have about $2000 to put down and a trade-in that I'm looking to get even on. If I make a profit even better. Negative equity is not an option.

2. Will a WOW price like that be available still on October 1st? That's the exact day I plan to buy the car. But that's almost two months in the future. Will there be any base 2016s left you guys think?

I really can't budge from a OTD near the above number. I really don't need this car, but I want it and I can just get into a Base GT without adding too much over my currently monthly payment. Would be a DD. Thanks in advance.

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
Great thread, this has been very helpful.

I've done an estimate for Ford Koons of Baltimore (I live like an hour away):

Base GT no options, MT

WOW Price: $27,595
+ $900 Freight
+$300 Doc Fee
+$750 Rebate for Taxes
=$29,545 Before tax
+ $1772 6% MD State Tax
=$31,317
+ $330 TTL
-$750 Rebate
OTD: $30,897 to be financed through Credit Union

Two Questions:

1. Does this seem realistic? I'll have about $2000 to put down and a trade-in that I'm looking to get even on. If I make a profit even better. Negative equity is not an option.

2. Will a WOW price like that be available still on October 1st? That's the exact day I plan to buy the car. But that's almost two months in the future. Will there be any base 2016s left you guys think?

I really can't budge from a OTD near the above number. I really don't need this car, but I want it and I can just get into a Base GT without adding too much over my currently monthly payment. Would be a DD. Thanks in advance.
What kind of car are you trading in? What do you owe vs what it's worth? I wouldn't expect top private party value in a trade if that's what you need to get out of it.

I also think that 2 months down the road it will be hard to find 16s especially base models. I'd imagine the only ones left will be specialty models that sat forever and fully loaded ones that couldn't move at $42k.

Maybe they'll do 17s at that price eventually. After all the cars that I've bought throughout my lifetime there's never been a once in a lifetime opportunity to buy a factory car off the lot. Deals will always be there.

TURTL3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LB Mustang 3.7 6MT
What kind of car are you trading in? What do you owe vs what it's worth? I wouldn't expect top private party value in a trade if that's what you need to get out of it.

I also think that 2 months down the road it will be hard to find 16s especially base models. I'd imagine the only ones left will be specialty models that sat forever and fully loaded ones that couldn't move at $42k.

Maybe they'll do 17s at that price eventually. After all the cars that I've bought throughout my lifetime there's never been a once in a lifetime opportunity to buy a factory car off the lot. Deals will always be there.
2016 VW GTI S 6spd MT. By October I'll owe $18,500 just about. It'll have less than 10K miles. KBB has it between $18- $19k.

I think I'm getting anxious because before, the GT was just out of reach, but with these recent 16 MY end deals, it's in touching distance. But I need to wait to take care of some other financial things. So I'm watching all my cars.com bookmarks go dead lol

Sponsored

SoulTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Prem. Oxford White
I paid 38k(Canadian) OTD for a base 17' Mustang GT. Includes Ford Employee pricing and Costco membership discount.

So converted. That works out to $29,004.88 USD.

Our dollar sucks lol.
Was that tax included? If so that's insane man!

I'm at $48200 OTD tax included for a 2017 Premium GT with spoiler delete, Recaros and Nav which would be $36.9k USD or $32.1k pre-tax OTD, seems more or less in line with some numbers I've seen. We pay 13% here in Ontario so it's pretty bad in that regard.

I was aiming for closer to $46k but for a factory order plus the fact that I ordered it literally the day before Costco and Employee pricing hit it was a really good deal. Pretty much works out to the same anyways except my interest rate is 1.99% and now it's up to 3.99% with the current programs and offerings so I think I got off better.

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
Was that tax included? If so that's insane man!

I'm at $48200 OTD tax included for a 2017 Premium GT with spoiler delete, Recaros and Nav which would be $36.9k USD or $32.1k pre-tax OTD, seems more or less in line with some numbers I've seen. We pay 13% here in Ontario so it's pretty bad in that regard.

I was aiming for closer to $46k but for a factory order plus the fact that I ordered it literally the day before Costco and Employee pricing hit it was a really good deal. Pretty much works out to the same anyways except my interest rate is 1.99% and now it's up to 3.99% with the current programs and offerings so I think I got off better.
Ah crap my bad. It's 40k CDN OTD taxes in($30,699.39 USD). I forgot about putting down a $2000 deposit! So you paid $8,200 extra for those options ;)

Also I'm paying cash. No Interest. No payments.

SoulTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Prem. Oxford White
Ah crap my bad. It's 40k OTD. I forgot about putting down a $2000 deposit! So you paid $8,200 extra for those options ;)

Also I'm paying cash. No payments.
Haha not exactly. The difference between Base and Premium is ~$4800. I added $2300 on top of the Premium GT for the Recaros and Nav :) He gave me good price for both. That's along the lines of other Canadian Base GT prices I've seen so far.

Fair enough on the cash deal. I considered it but I figured I'd just invest the money instead of buying it cash as well.

ibleedblue1385

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 SVT Cobra
Just got a quote from my local dealer for a base gt w/auto $34,850. More than i was hoping...

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just got a quote from my local dealer for a base gt w/auto $34,850. More than i was hoping...
Is that OTD or just the car? If it's OTD that may not be bad depending on taxes, registration and trade. Especially if you still owed money on the car. If that's just for the car and you have to add all that stuff on top it's a terrible price.

Sponsored

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
Is that OTD or just the car? If it's OTD that may not be bad depending on taxes, registration and trade. Especially if you still owed money on the car. If that's just for the car and you have to add all that stuff on top it's a terrible price.
How much did you pay for your Base GT? Just wondering. Since I'm waiting for mine to arrive :D

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How much did you pay for your Base GT? Just wondering. Since I'm waiting for mine to arrive :D
I got my base GT for around $30k. I was just over $32k OTD with fees, addons, taxes, and registration. I put $2500 down and I had $1000 in trade equity. Financed just over $28k.

WarrENDeatH

The Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R 'Hellbat'
What is the average paid for a GT premium with a 3.55 and black accents package? Anyone know? True Car is telling me 36k. That feels a bit high.

Kennocha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Grabber Blue GTPP