Sponsored

The Down and Dirty ADM Thread

GT P-TREE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Yeah I remember that, some dealers had them marked up initially but some just sat and were sold at a discount. Fun how time changes when no one wanted to pay that kind of money for a Ford and now with the Ford GT they have an application process and a list of people willing to dish out 400k.
I actually wanted to buy a GT instead of my GT-R, so I went on SVT Performance to look for used ones "Oh, I'm going to buy one for 80-100k...WTF, why is this listed at 250k?! He's high! Wait...this one is 280, this one is 300, what the hell is going on here?!" I missed the bubble by a couple of years.
Sponsored

Grunholle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
///M
Im looking through Ebay listings the cars that are auctions are being bid to about 2K over MSRP. Most of these are dealer listed new cars. Most are not selling because the reserve is so high.

BUT based on that a ADM over 2K doesnt make sense. I know ebay has fees but I think they are a couple hundred dollars
Sure demand is being met by more supply these days and the "I gotta have it now" people are almost satisfied but I certainly wouldn't say current eBay bids are the best way to find an average ADM is since there are so many factors involved. One of which, speaking from personal experience, is eBay is FULL of cheapskates. :D

That said someone on eBay pony'd up for this R:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/152118689502?roken=cUgayN&soutkn=YsuWic

Grunholle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
///M
Lol! What is the ADM?
But that one seems to be built already. Should be at the dealership soon.
Get ready to laugh even harder, I was told this GT350 is.... wait for it...

$50,000 over MSRP.

Yes you read that right, $110,345 for a GT350.:headbonk:

abcut973

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C63 AMG Black Series, ML350 Bluetech
Double :crazy: for this dealership and the guy that just bought the RY R!

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Sure demand is being met by more supply these days and the "I gotta have it now" people are almost satisfied but I certainly wouldn't say current eBay bids are the best way to find an average ADM is since there are so many factors involved. One of which, speaking from personal experience, is eBay is FULL of cheapskates. :D

LOL agree but if you are willing to bid 58K on a car that means its the limit of what you will pay. Ebay is nationwide there im calling dealers all over the country id bid on a car on ebay ;-d

If they cant sell a car on ebay for 60k youd be unwise to pay 65k on it :p

Sponsored

Westfalia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Westfalia Camper

I call bullsh!t. Most likely a shill. Ebay is FULL of them.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I've called a ton of dealers everyone has been a bait ad, I have not called them.

Im actually talking one where it might not be a bait ad but I EXPECT them to call today and be like its a popular car blah blah

Last edited:

abcut973

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lighting blue is cool.
Just call and you'll figure out the ADM.

trackrat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Porsche Panamera GTS
I do not have much confidence in eBay and have not been watching the GT 350 market for a couple of months. Autotrader has 603 '16 GT350's listed, many advertised at MSRP, although most of those are probably just bait and BS, but if production of '16's was around 5k units, 600 '16's available within weeks of '17 deliveries suggests to me that ADM's will begin to melt down, especially at all but the very large dealers.
I would not order a '17 over MSRP. Why would I pay a premium when I could get a Viper ACR at MSRP or below? OK, twice the money, but an amazing track machine.

Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I do not have much confidence in eBay and have not been watching the GT 350 market for a couple of months. Autotrader has 603 '16 GT350's listed, many advertised at MSRP, although most of those are probably just bait and BS, but if production of '16's was around 5k units, 600 '16's available within weeks of '17 deliveries suggests to me that ADM's will begin to melt down, especially at all but the very large dealers.
I would not order a '17 over MSRP. Why would I pay a premium when I could get a Viper ACR at MSRP or below? OK, twice the money, but an amazing track machine.
Most of people on ebay are dealers at that point you are just locking a price through the site. I think come winter the ADMs will be gone. Some dealers bought cars from other dealers I think they are being stubborn about ADMs.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I called to verify bait or not ... and of course it's a bait ad. They want $15K over MSRP.

I just wonder if these dealers showing a price on a website like that could be held liable to sell at their 'advertised' price from a legal sense. Isn't there some kind of commerce laws against placing false prices?

abcut973

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I called to verify bait or not ... and of course it's a bait ad. They want $15K over MSRP.

I just wonder if these dealers showing a price on a website like that could be held liable to sell at their 'advertised' price from a legal sense. Isn't there some kind of commerce laws against placing false prices?
Let it sit for a couple weeks to a month and that $15k ADM will melt :D

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
They've actually built more 350s towards the end of production - they've been cranking them out. 1 - a lot of those cars are already sold and 2 - I think it seems normal considering all of the cars that just hit dealers.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
While Im not a fan of ADM I know a dealer offering 4500 on a 2017 allocation. PM me for details
Sponsored