Sponsored

POST PICS OF YOUR CUSTOM PLASTI DIPPING!!!

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather

Midnight_LMR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Hope this works! I'm hopeless when it comes to computers. Car is very dirty, I just wiped them off. It was done last July, about 9K miles ago, and the only problem is a very small scrape on one wheel. Doesn't stand up to concrete very well.
did you use the wheel kit they sell or what? I've been considering doing this for awhile but still haven't pulled the trigger

Sponsored

Midnight_LMR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
0631b1c538e6c4f9a73feb9711c1e573.jpg
71c557aaf7a7dd90fbeea6f82542e49a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Same question to you, how are the rims holding up? What setup did you use to do it? Any info would be greatly appreciated

Ambrotos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Package
I had used plasti dip on my rims on the car before the mustang I just bought last month. I sprayed it copper metallic (3-4 coats) over 3 coats of black plasti dip. I did this August of 2013, and I just traded the car in last month. The only issue was break dust, that was easy to clean with break dust pro and random curb rash.

The dip held up no matter what. The curb rash, well it scrapes rims so it did the same to the dip. The color and coverage held up 100%. If you are worried about it randomly coming off or fading, don't worry about it. I live in Florida and I had no issues.

To do your rims, unless you have the spray kit I would advise to just take the wheels off and doing them that way. It's so much easier and quicker I think. Check out this quick video from them. I never used the "release" and just sprayed a thick coat on the tire so it made it easy to take off.
[ame]

samchop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang Ecoboost
Got sick of the red on the diffuser, but did not want to pay $400 for the RTR! Plasti-dipped last night, matches the rest perfectly.

fBMYazd.jpg

Last edited:

Midnight_LMR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I had used plasti dip on my rims on the car before the mustang I just bought last month. I sprayed it copper metallic (3-4 coats) over 3 coats of black plasti dip. I did this August of 2013, and I just traded the car in last month. The only issue was break dust, that was easy to clean with break dust pro and random curb rash.

The dip held up no matter what. The curb rash, well it scrapes rims so it did the same to the dip. The color and coverage held up 100%. If you are worried about it randomly coming off or fading, don't worry about it. I live in Florida and I had no issues.

To do your rims, unless you have the spray kit I would advise to just take the wheels off and doing them that way. It's so much easier and quicker I think. Check out this quick video from them. I never used the "release" and just sprayed a thick coat on the tire so it made it easy to take off.
Pic of your wheels? Im trying to figure out what kinda coats and colors i want to do. I want it to end up looking like black stainless steel

BULL1TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT, 2001 Bullitt
Finally got around to doing my wheels.

wheel1.jpg

wheel2.jpg

Sponsored

Ambrotos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Package
Pic of your wheels? Im trying to figure out what kinda coats and colors i want to do. I want it to end up looking like black stainless steel
Sadly I don't have any pictures. They looked like the post above mine. Check out dipyourcar.com. They have so many how to videos, and different colors, and well pretty much everything. If you still have questions, call them. Tell them the type of look you want, they will tell you what you need and how to do it. Pretty cool operation they have.

As example, you mentioned black. They have pictures of everything. As example

Also they have their own forums. I think you need to sign up for an account to see pictures. I can't recall.
http://forum.dipyourcar.com/forum/dipping-forums/wheel-dipping

samchop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang Ecoboost
Dipped rims, rear valence, and pony <3
athena1.jpg

Last edited:

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
after seeing the lower bumper done im doing mine for sure this week looks so much better all black

5ohh_kenny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTCS
Dipped the whole car minus roof, mirrors, spoiler, and hood vents satin white. Did it mostly to protect the oem paint. But I'm also in love with the new look. The oem 20"s are also dipped black. Car is lowered about an inch all around. All in all couldn't be happier with the results. A lot of hard work but well worth it. Incase anyone was wondering the rear caliper cover was off in the last picture because it was rubbing on the wheel. It is fixed and back on now.
IMG_4320.jpg
IMG_4324.jpg
IMG_4326.jpg
IMG_4327.jpg
IMG_4329.jpg

SidewaysMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Dipped the whole car minus roof, mirrors, spoiler, and hood vents satin white. Did it mostly to protect the oem paint. But I'm also in love with the new look. The oem 20"s are also dipped black. Car is lowered about an inch all around. All in all couldn't be happier with the results. A lot of hard work but well worth it. Incase anyone was wondering the rear caliper cover was off in the last picture because it was rubbing on the wheel. It is fixed and back on now.
Great job, looks awesome!

Did you use a base coat or is it really not needed with the new PDS? Did you top off the white with any pearl or top coat?
Sponsored