Sponsored

Strut Tower Brace missing from your engine bay?

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
When you purchase a factory replacement part you don't get the hardware, that would have to be ordered seperately

s550v6

Mike
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
I just received this part from Levittown Ford but it didn't come with any mounting hardware. Is this normal? If not, what do I need and can it be had at any local hardware store? Thanks.
I'll see if I have the part numbers for the hardware from when I installed it, I'll let you know

Less Weight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
When you purchase a factory replacement part you don't get the hardware, that would have to be ordered seperately
Ohhh, I see; I wasn't aware of that. Thanks. :)

I'll see if I have the part numbers for the hardware from when I installed it, I'll let you know
That would be fantastic. Thanks a lot; Much appreciated. :)

Sponsored

Chris R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford GT Premium
Who else thinks those black plastic pins are a bitch to get back on...I already broke 3 of them. One was for the battery cover, and the others than go over the cowl extension. Cheap crap.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Who else thinks those black plastic pins are a bitch to get back on...I already broke 3 of them. One was for the battery cover, and the others than go over the cowl extension. Cheap crap.
Methinks you're trying too hard/not doing it right. I had no trouble. Also, if they were stronger/metal, they'd be heavier and more expensive...which would be passed on to us. The reality is that those pins will never be touched on the vast majority of the cars sold.

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
Who else thinks those black plastic pins are a bitch to get back on...I already broke 3 of them. Cheap crap.
Back in my car stereo days in the late 80's and early 90's, we used to call these "JESUS CLIPS". Because every time you took them off, you would pray to JESUS you didn't break them.

I still refer to them as this today.

Chris R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford GT Premium
Methinks you're trying too hard/not doing it right. I had no trouble. Also, if they were stronger/metal, they'd be heavier and more expensive...which would be passed on to us. The reality is that those pins will never be touched on the vast majority of the cars sold.
What is the right way other than pushing them in...? I about took a hammer because I was getting :mad: :frusty:

bluestang21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
So GT's that don't have the PP or 20 inch wheel option do not need spacers to install the OEM PP strut tower brace evenly across the engine bay?

Sponsored

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
What is the right way other than pushing them in...? I about took a hammer because I was getting :mad: :frusty:
Those clips are extremely easy to get in and out. You take a small screw driver and pop the center up which unlocks the the clip and they lift out with no effort. You leave the center up inset the clip then push down the center to lock it inplace.

These clips are designed to be easy to remove and insert because servicing the battery is expected.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
So GT's that don't have the PP or 20 inch wheel option do not need spacers to install the OEM PP strut tower brace evenly across the engine bay?
The brace on a GT PP sits on top of the K-brace brace which goes over the same studs as the strut tower brace, there is no spacer. If you do not have the K-brace the strut brace will sit approximately 0.1" lower, not an issue.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
No, but if you're going to go through the trouble to do it at all, get the k-brace too. Read Mishimoto's strut tower thread to show how effective that piece is. The additive effect of both is quite significant.

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow GT Premium w/50th Appearance
No, but if you're going to go through the trouble to do it at all, get the k-brace too. Read Mishimoto's strut tower thread to show how effective that piece is. The additive effect of both is quite significant.
Get 'em both... $178 with free shipping on eBay, huge difference in steering accuracy, well worth it.

Pa-fatboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium; 1966 Mustang, 1996 Dodge Ram 1500
I got both off a guy on face book 100.00 shipped ...Black k brace and stock silver strut tower brace ..
Wow, I now hate you. I thought I had the best price. You killed it. Nice buy! It does pay off to create a search and wait for the offer you want. It will come if you are patient.

Nice!
Sponsored