Sponsored

2015 Ford Mustang 50th Anniversary Edition Good Deal?

tritus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger Hellcat
Hi All,

As a previous Camaro owner I am about to join the dark side and complete the purchase of a 2015 Ford Mustang 50th Anniversary Edition in Ruby Red. I loved the Camaro5 forum platform and hope to have a similar experience over here.

My first question is going to be about the deal I am getting ready to close.2015 Ford Mustang 50th Anniversary Edition Ruby Red with Auto (have to get an auto or wife will not allow another "dumb" loud car after the Camaro). The MSRP is around 43k and I am getting it for 34.5k delivered to 500 miles away from the dealership. Does this sound like a good deal?
Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Is it used or new?

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
It is not an anniversary edition. Those only came in Kona Blue and Wimbledon White. This 50 years appearance package. Whether it's a good deal depends what other packages are on it - 400A ? 401A ? Assume it is a V8 one and not an ecoboost as those also came with 50 years AP.

Sponsored

OP
OP
tritus

tritus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger Hellcat
It is not an anniversary edition. Those only came in Kona Blue and Wimbledon White. This 50 years appearance package. Whether it's a good deal depends what other packages are on it - 400A ? 401A ? Assume it is a V8 one and not an ecoboost as those also came with 50 years AP.
Correct it is the AP package I was not aware of the difference.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Correct it is the AP package I was not aware of the difference.
Difference is huge.

Aniversary edition was a limited edition car, (almost) fully loaded, 1964 only made and only way to get a performance package with an auto. In addition two colors that were not available for regular cars.

50 years AP is mainly cosmetic (badges, trim inside) + 19" inch wheels/tires over Base. Again - everything depends on what other packages car has.

(Pic is not showing up but given it's 2015, you should expect serious discount. MSRP of 43k points to fully loaded car. Likely a decent deal to me.

OP
OP
tritus

tritus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger Hellcat
Difference is huge.

Aniversary edition was a limited edition car, (almost) fully loaded, 1964 only made and only way to get a performance package with an auto. In addition two colors that were not available for regular cars.

50 years AP is mainly cosmetic (badges, trim inside) + 19" inch wheels/tires over Base. Again - everything depends on what other packages car has.

(Pic is not showing up but given it's 2015, you should expect serious discount. MSRP of 43k points to fully loaded car. Likely a decent deal to me.
http://s9.postimg.org/og6e52ibi/Screen_Shot_2016_03_12_at_2_45_21_PM.jpg

Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Just put the deposit down at 0% 60 mo. financing it was hard to pass.
When i got my GT i also got 0% but for 72 months from Ford and $2000.00 cash back. Good luck and enjoy! :cheers:

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
I first read this and I was like WTF! Hells no! But then I read almost $10K off MSRP and the financing deal. Oh hell yea! Great deal of you are keeping long term since it is a 1 year old car already.
Enjoy!!

OP
OP
tritus

tritus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger Hellcat
I first read this and I was like WTF! Hells no! But then I read almost $10K off MSRP and the financing deal. Oh hell yea! Great deal of you are keeping long term since it is a 1 year old car already.
Enjoy!!
I am planning to keep it for at least 3 years and maybe start modding after warranty is gone.

This is my first time buying a new car and there is a lot of different opinions on the breaking in the car. The dealer is going to have a driver bring the car to me and that would be 500 miles of straight hway miles on it before I get my hands on it. I am not sure if the driver actually would follow my instructions but is there anything that I should tell him to do? Any advice will be appreciated.

Lakeland-GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SErik
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Race Red
I am planning to keep it for at least 3 years and maybe start modding after warranty is gone.

This is my first time buying a new car and there is a lot of different opinions on the breaking in the car. The dealer is going to have a driver bring the car to me and that would be 500 miles of straight hway miles on it before I get my hands on it. I am not sure if the driver actually would follow my instructions but is there anything that I should tell him to do? Any advice will be appreciated.
I don't recommend buying a car you have not seen in person, new or used.

A delivery driver will not follow your instructions, but it's also unlikely they will beat on it enough do permanent damage to internals. Only way to go is to put it on a car hauler, flatbed, trailer, etc.

PS
if the deal is too good to be true, it probably is, there's a reason they are nicknamed stealerships and not Goodwill.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
seems like a good deal
Sponsored