Rumors have come to light of a SVT Cobra for the new generation of Mustangs beginning with the 2015 model. The Truth About Cars site claims to have insider info about an all new SVT Cobra. Here is what they claim:
– Independent rear suspension (but you knew that).
– A 3.7L V6, 5.0 V8. The new 2.3L Ecoboost I4 is said to make roughly 270 horsepower.
– MT82 6-speed will carry over
– The SVT Cobra will have a 5.2L naturally aspirated V8 with no engine cover. The reason for that is because the new styling (and Euro safety regs) mean a supercharger is not feasible as far as fitting under the hood goes.
– There will be further option packages for the SVT car to make it even more hardcore and track-oriented