Redline8250

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like I stole it.
You're confusing trim level with option packages. The trim levels for the Camaro are 1LS, 1LT, 2LT, 1SS, 2SS and ZL1.
Who can't be confused?
GM has the dumbest models ever. Not just for cars but for their whole line of vehicles.
Pat I'd like to buy a vowel. Oh wait I forgot, GM doesn't use vowels. let's make that a L, S, T, Z oh and a 1 and 2 please.
Fucking stupid.

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
Who can't be confused?
GM has the dumbest models ever. Not just for cars but for their whole line of vehicles.
Pat I'd like to buy a vowel. Oh wait I forgot, GM doesn't use vowels. let's make that a L, S, T, Z oh and a 1 and 2 please.
Fucking stupid.
I don't disagree.

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
Who can't be confused?
Fucking stupid.
V6, EB, EBPP, EB premium, EBPP premium, GT, GTPP, GT premium, GT California edition, GTPP premium, GT350 base, GT350 Tech, GT350 Track, GT350R :shrug:

Sponsored

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
V6, EB, EBPP, EB premium, EBPP premium, GT, GTPP, GT premium, GT California edition, GTPP premium, GT350 base, GT350 Tech, GT350 Track, GT350R :shrug:

Are you really comparing the naming schemes? Ford's is better by a mile. If I tell you I'm looking at a 1LS is it a V6 or a turbo 4? What about adding the 2LT and RS packages? What are those supposed to denote?

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you really comparing the naming schemes? Ford's is better by a mile. If I tell you I'm looking at a 1LS is it a V6 or a turbo 4? What about adding the 2LT and RS packages? What are those supposed to denote?
Nope, just showing all makes have tons of ways to show there car models.:cheers:

Redline8250

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like I stole it.
My point is this. Everyone knows that a "mustang GT" is or a "mustang GT350/R" or Mach1, boss302/429 f-150-250-350 xlt, lariat, king ranch, lightning, etc.

People know camaro z28, SS. not SS 1le, Silverado LTZ etc. it's dumb marketing.
Z06 is cool, z28 is cool, stingray cool, grad sport cool.
SS etc. not all the other bullshit. It's to confusing.

Redline8250

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like I stole it.
See I'm already confused

That would be like ford saying "hey we have a mustang gt350 xlt-fx2"

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
You're confusing trim level with option packages. The trim levels for the Camaro are 1LS, 1LT, 2LT, 1SS, 2SS and ZL1.
I see now that the ZL1 is a different model according to GM on their website. And the 1LE is just a package option on the different models of the V6, SS and ZL1

Thanks

Sponsored

FogcitySF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E90 M3 | GT350R | Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991)
Seriously, it's like branding 101: keep it simple!

All these Camaro models/packages confuse/dilute the message and while maybe it sells more entry level models, the high performance versions probably won't generate as much consumer interest as the FP/SVT vehicles.

Shelby GT350 and 350R--pretty simple.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

All these Camaro models/packages confuse/dilute the message and while maybe it sells more entry level models, the high performance versions probably won't generate as much consumer interest as the FP/SVT vehicles.

The Camaro just give the lower models more options. You can get a base turbo 4 or V6, or a fully loaded one with leather. They don't limit what you can get or want in a model. I know many Mustang guys with v6 wish they could get more options. Options is usually a good thing, not a bad one.:shrug:

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Both Ford and GM are nonsense. The Camaro is more cohesively packaged with terrible names but has an unnecessarily endless options list. The Mustang's trim names are even worse...400A Spec? 401A Spec? C'mon. They're codes though.

Mustang Base
Mustang GT
Mustang GT350

All of these are sub models.

Camaro Base
Camaro SS

All of these are submodels.

And technically...
The V6 engine is a package option in the Camaro. LT is a trim. RS is a trim. 1SS is a trim. 2SS is a trim. 1LE is an package option. Ecoboost is a package option. 300A Spec, 400A Spec, 401A Spec are all trims. They're all convoluted and annoying. Believe it or not, GT350R is technically a trim equipment level option too and not a submodel. Its code as we all know is Option 920A.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack

Chevy Performance division is also pretty weak on the marketing level. Ford splits it up. NASCAR for instance was being partially sponsored by Ford Performance division last night for the 600. Chevy for instance throws the entire bowtie name at a marketing target.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Both Ford and GM are nonsense. The Camaro is more cohesively packaged with terrible names but has an unnecessarily endless options list. The Mustang's trim names are even worse...400A Spec? 401A Spec? C'mon. They're codes though.

Mustang Base
Mustang GT
Mustang GT350

All of these are sub models.

Camaro Base
Camaro SS

All of these are submodels.

And technically...
The V6 engine is a package option in the Camaro. LT is a trim. RS is a trim. 1SS is a trim. 2SS is a trim. 1LE is an package option. Ecoboost is a package option. 300A Spec, 400A Spec, 401A Spec are all trims. They're all convoluted and annoying. Believe it or not, GT350R is technically a trim equipment level option too and not a submodel. Its code as we all know is Option 920A.
Nobody says hey I have a 401a mustang.
All vehicles have standard and option codes. The point is GM's are dumb.
Sponsored