ANGST

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit
I have a lift , but use the jacking rails at the track or at home. I figure have both.

1Silver1Red

V6'ing And Dealing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
I have a lift , but use the jacking rails at the track or at home. I figure have both.
I was planning on getting these or the BMR/Steeda rails. However, both would be nice. You have these and jacking rails on your car, did I read that right?

Sponsored

OP
OP
ANGST

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit
I was planning on getting these or the BMR/Steeda rails. However, both would be nice. You have these and jacking rails on your car, did I read that right?
I have the rails and looking at these pads .

I'd feel better putting jack stand on these. I could jack up one side of the car and put the stands under , then do the other side .

My lift has some decent rubber pads on it , but these would add a piece of mind when it's on the lift as well.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Honestly the only reason I got them was because I have a quickjack (sort of a lift) that uses rubber blocks under jacking points and those tend to split under pinch welds. There is absolutely no reason (regardless of what Steeda and BMR says) to use jacking rails or pads, millions of cars get lifted every day using pinch welds and they're just fine - as my Mustang was before I got those pads.

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
I have the rails and looking at these pads .

I'd feel better putting jack stand on these. I could jack up one side of the car and put the stands under , then do the other side .
I was thinking the same thing and wondering if there is enough room on each end of the rails to add these. Seems like a whole lot of adding though just to jack up a car. Too bad they don’t add a fifth to put in the middle (i don’t currently have rails) so as to jack up one whole side of the car to get it on stands. Thinking maybe just get these and use a block of wood for the middle if i ever do want to put it on stands.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly the only reason I got them was because I have a quickjack (sort of a lift) that uses rubber blocks under jacking points and those tend to split under pinch welds. There is absolutely no reason (regardless of what Steeda and BMR says) to use jacking rails or pads, millions of cars get lifted every day using pinch welds and they're just fine - as my Mustang was before I got those pads.
Sure, but how many cars are constantly jacked up because of working on them / making modifications? To be fair - most cars being jacked up are using lifts at mechanic shops.

I've owned more than a few cars with pinch welds as the jacking points - and all of them have distorted or bent to some degree. It's bound to happen using a floor jack and jack stands.

The REAL benefit to jacking rails is that you can literally jack one entire side of the car up from the center without having to worry about bending the pinch weld. I have them on my car and it makes tire rotation a breeze.

The other benefit it being able to use the factory reinforced jacking points for the jack stands.

Well worth the money for jacking rails just for time saved. I can literally have my Mustang up on jack stands at all four corners in a couple of minutes now.

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
These things only weigh 2lbs. Can't decide between these or BMR low profile.:doh:

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Sure, but how many cars are constantly jacked up because of working on them / making modifications?
Mine is. Changing wheels literally every weekend during warmer season.

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
Have the BMR low profile rails. Love them. Its beyond easy to jack up the whole side of the car.

I didn't go with pads due to the jack point and the jack stand point is the same place basically. I feel safer with rails since I do my own work.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is. Changing wheels literally every weekend during warmer season.
But didn't you mention you had a quick lift?
Just saying that 'most' people don't jack their cars up that much. I walked my neighbor through oil changes on his vehicles years ago. He now does oil changes / tire rotations (same time) on all his vehicles. That's the only time any of them get jacked up.

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
I drive my pony for work as a medical tech. Yesterday I searched several "Quicklube" shops and due to my car being lowered and I had my own oil two shops could not service my pony. I had to go to Firestone and make an appointment for Saturday. BMR rails look to be in my future. That's for the input.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Have the BMR low profile rails. Love them. Its beyond easy to jack up the whole side of the car.

I didn't go with pads due to the jack point and the jack stand point is the same place basically. I feel safer with rails since I do my own work.
Most definitely. And that reminds me, I have to get my GF to order a set of rails for her EB ragtop.
Sponsored