Z06 Redline is a jab at the Voodoo…

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Torque gets you off the line, HP carries you across it…
Yep TQ gets you off the line but these cars are launching in the 5000 RPM range. Low RPM torque means nothing.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)

PoCoBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, 2016 Edge Sport
Wow, I just read through this entire thread. Lots of differing opinions on this. All I know is Ford has given up on the FPC and from what I've read online most of the voodoo engines that were replaced under warranty were checked out once they were returned to Ford and there was nothing wrong with them. It seems customers want smooth running engines even though they were told when they bought the car it wouldn't run smooth. I guess buyers hear what they want and ignore the rest.

If Chevy can make one that holds together and the Vette owners accept it, more power to them. Time will tell.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
It took HD 70 years to keep the motorcycles from falling apart while riding down the highway. Talk about vibration. :)

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Wow, I just read through this entire thread. Lots of differing opinions on this. All I know is Ford has given up on the FPC and from what I've read online most of the voodoo engines that were replaced under warranty were checked out once they were returned to Ford and there was nothing wrong with them. It seems customers want smooth running engines even though they were told when they bought the car it wouldn't run smooth. I guess buyers hear what they want and ignore the rest.

If Chevy can make one that holds together and the Vette owners accept it, more power to them. Time will tell.
The Voodoo was never seen as a long term program. The people at Ford were very familiar with Carroll and knew the 350 had to be special. They accomplished that. It also went a year longer than expected. If the engine was that bad why would they do that?

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350

?

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R

Have you driven a 350?

Sponsored

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
I don't think the engineers of the Z06 vette have the no longer built GT350 on their radar. Just another FPC engine design.
Sponsored