Play Youtube on display screen?

Tacomanoob

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4G Tacoma
I am wondering, is there a way to play you tube on the large screen like how our maps is running into you tube. Bored of driving with just music.
Sponsored

JBSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Sorento
Yeah, there is something called a Binize box....but do we really need more distracted drivers out there?

Last edited:

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
From a safety perspective, it’s a terrible idea. You risk getting tickets if spotted. But if you spend significant time in your parked car, I highly recommend it. I have had a few different boxes And they’re all very similar. Just know they run off android, so you will have to unpair your Bluetooth connection and tether the box to your phone. Tethering is usually capped by your cell provider.

Wags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Off-Road Premium
From a safety perspective, it’s a terrible idea. You risk getting tickets if spotted. But if you spend significant time in your parked car, I highly recommend it. I have had a few different boxes And they’re all very similar. Just know they run off android, so you will have to unpair your Bluetooth connection and tether the box to your phone. Tethering is usually capped by your cell provider.
So you have to unpair your phone from the radio to use the box? Thats dumb

Ruissimo

First Name
Rui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Genesis G70
So you have to unpair your phone from the radio to use the box? Thats dumb
At least on my units you did. You couldn't use YouTube (which works off your phone's hotspot) and Apple CarPlay (which works off bluetooth) at the same time. It was the same thing with Netflix.

It didn't take more than a few seconds to switch back and forth, but still annoying.

I could play music off a flash drive that was plugged to the box AND use CarPlay at the same time though.

Tacoflvrd

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD sport
I was going to get one of those boxes so I could access my media server using plex while parked. I decided to just leave an old iPad in the truck and pay for the internet subscription in the truck. The data connection is better then my phone and the screen on the iPad is leagues better then the one in the truck.

TalkingTaco444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I see this as an issue only for some people.

If you're able to not be distracted by it, it allows you to "listen" to shows/movies/news etc that you might not be able to with just Carplay. Sounds pretty helpful on long highway trips.

If you don't trust yourself not to be distracted though, its not a good idea.
Sponsored