Sponsored

YouTube videos of limp mode

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
I wonder if people started uploading and linking to YouTube vids of limp mode that wouldn't help. if we supported and clicked / promoted them on social media we could get more buzz. Buzz is the only thing that will motivate a large organization that answers to shareholders. 30-40 pissed off forum users wont achieve much.

If there was enough stir and a concerted effort it could get ugly especially with the 1le bound to grab headlines. Ford has had several months of virtually zero PR opposition and glowing reviews for the car. I cant imagine they would waste that if we could get this out to a wider audience.

Just a thought.
Sponsored

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
So you want an effort to give all kinds of ammunition to gossip hounds, exploitative auto journalists, people who might be thinking of a 2017+ GT350 but now won't because a vocal, extremely impatient group of owners wants ALL OF FORDS ATTENTION RIGHT NOW?

Good plan, you should be part of the Federal Government.

OP
OP

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
If necessary, yes. why not it is after all a free country. Fords reputation is not my responsibility. It will be for others to determine based on the facts presented if they wish to buy the car or not. They will have a choice to make should they not have all of the information presented to them?

Some will prefer to insult, and may even have a vested interest in the reputation of Ford or this car, monetary or just psychological to the point they will demean others.

I personally do not have a blind brand loyalty to any organization. Ford certainly had all my attention when they advertised the platform as the most track ready mustang ever.

Sponsored

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
I wonder if people started uploading and linking to YouTube vids of limp mode that wouldn't help. if we supported and clicked / promoted them on social media we could get more buzz. Buzz is the only thing that will motivate a large organization that answers to shareholders. 30-40 pissed off forum users wont achieve much.

If there was enough stir and a concerted effort it could get ugly especially with the 1le bound to grab headlines. Ford has had several months of virtually zero PR opposition and glowing reviews for the car. I cant imagine they would waste that if we could get this out to a wider audience.

Just a thought.
Terrible idea, especially since the affected group is tiny and has more potential to harm the reputation of Ford and all GT 350s, which is not at all deserved. Personally, I'm tired of a handful of you guys trying to create a bandwagon for everybody from boneheads who bought the wrong car to sincere owners who legitimately have a complaint.

I can tell you from my very personal experience working with Ford on a GT 350 problem that was hugely more significant and well-supported than yours that the company does listen. Work the system for a solution, but quit slandering Ford in the process.

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
The Shelby GT350 Track Pack and Shelby GT350R are indeed the most track capable Mustangs - already tested this myself on NOLA Motorsport. There was another Track Pack car there that also ran hard all day - no issues.
DSC06711.JPG

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
Terrible idea, especially since the affected group is tiny and has more potential to harm the reputation of Ford and all GT 350s, which is not at all deserved. Personally, I'm tired of a handful of you guys trying to create a bandwagon for everybody from boneheads who bought the wrong car to sincere owners who legitimately have a complaint.

I can tell you from my very personal experience working with Ford on a GT 350 problem that was hugely more significant and well-supported than yours that the company does listen. Work the system for a solution, but quit slandering Ford in the process.
I have to tell you man. I would love some insight into this system that you speak of. I've gone through the motions. Dealer, download of logs from the car, customer service, case manager, supervisor, regional rep.

At the end of my current journey, i was told to "write a letter" .

So if you have a tip/person to talk to/ trick/ etc. , i'm all ears.

I'm pretty thoroughly frustrated at this point though. All i'm getting is people that pretend to listen, but either don't care, or are told to stone wall.

This is the most expensive ford product that I've ever bought and the first one that I've had a let down with.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
I swear , some members on these forums are getting their pay checks from Ford.

I wouldn't be surprised one bit. :gossip:

OP
OP

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
Agree to disagree. Ford nor the gt350 reputation concern me as I had no part in the production of the vehicle nor the decision on the trim levels. My first and most important concern is whether or not there will be a fix or solution blueprint. I am not alone in the belief it was a incredibly poor decision to remove the coolers, I was not in a position to get a track pack. I do see some of the points presented but also think others have stated better than I that any trim level of this vehicle should do better than 10-15 min. I cant and wont try to convince you otherwise.

I consider it quite a stretch to call posting specific and legitimate actions and results concerning particular vehicles hitting limp mode as slanderous. It is simply a fact. Ford is all too aware of the power of perception.

If they are so comfortable with the fact it was 100 percent buyer ignorance then they should have no issues with video or any other statements effectively communicating what they already support both in deeds and words.

I also have experience with Ford and a break issue on the 2011 and 2012 eco boost f150. It took 5 years and several investigations for them to apply a warranty recall for an item linked to several accidents. So yes, ford can and will do the right thing but perhaps only when it is the last option afforded to them.

your opinion is noted. thank you.

Sponsored
OP
OP

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
It is striking how many track pack and R owners shit in any thread on this topic unceremoniously, Geez guys I get you disagree but I don't follow your posts around and thread dump you for different opinions.

OP
OP

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
  • Select a Model
    Shelby GT350 Mustang

The all-new Shelby GT350 Mustang, featuring the most powerful naturally aspirated Ford production engine ever, is a world-class performance vehicle, designed to tackle the planet’s most challenging roads – an all-day track car that’s also street legal.
From Ford own press release and media toolkit. Before we throw around slander perhaps we should think.

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/products/cars/mustang/shelby-gt350-mustang.html