Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I'm doing a wheel widening project and ended up with a 19x11 wheel.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49182

I wanted to hear your experiences with these tires. I'm stuck between these and Nittos but I'm assuming these are farrrrrr better than Nittos but I wanted to hear "Real World Experiences".

I'd be running a 305/35/19 on the rear.

Thanks for your help!
Sponsored

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I don't have a GT350 nor am I am expert driver by any means, but I did just go from the PP setup (255/275) to new wheels + MPSS 295/30/19 squared. Obviously going considerably wider all the way around has a lot to do with things, but I can't help but be impressed with the MPSS tires. Road noise, steering feedback, handling, everything is night and day difference. Again, I know it's not really a fair comparison to compare P Zero 255/275 to MPSS 295 squared, but it sure is worlds better.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
I'm doing a wheel widening project and ended up with a 19x11 wheel.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49182

I wanted to hear your experiences with these tires. I'm stuck between these and Nittos but I'm assuming these are farrrrrr better than Nittos but I wanted to hear "Real World Experiences".

I'd be running a 305/35/19 on the rear.

Thanks for your help!
Personal experience with 3 different mustang (12 GT/TP, 15 GT/PP and the 350) of varying width tires all with PSS's. On my two GT's the first thing i did was wear out the Pirreli's and ordered the PSS. How did i come to that conclusion? I did a lot of research on tire that provided good tread life, excellent wet and dry traction. All pointed to the PSS. Once these tires are warm they are very sticky. Very good dual use tire, more so for the road than the track, I have tracked all three cars with the PSS and the tires perform very, very well. I have used Pirreli's, Dunlop's, Bridgestone, Goodyear and Continentals and the PSS provide the best traction and feed back of all tires I mentioned. Obviously you can get a dedicated track tire that will smoke the PSS, However the PSS holds it's own and is IMO, the best street tire you can buy for the money.

SchultzLT1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 AG Tech Pack
Nice and sticky for me so far on the street. Below 40 degrees they do a little sliding, but it's easy to control. Haven't gotten a chance to take the car out when it's about 60-65 yet.

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
What Nittos? Nitto generally tends to just be a cool name that the becausedatstancelifeyo peeps get attracted to. The only product you'd really want to pay attention to is the NT01. NT05's, Invos...all garb. But they're priced competitively so if you're just looking to get some rubber on the rim then, I guess it's reasonable...I guess.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
The MPSS are worth every penny. If you can find the pennies. Which I cannot justify for my typical driving. I have had them on an AMG Mercedes that I negotiated into the deal instead of getting the terrible supplied tires... MPSS are a very special tire. They don't look like they're any good from the tread pattern, but they are.

I also have been in cars with Conti DWs and have liked those a lot, but they were a little soft in the sidewall-feeling (similar to the DWS all-seasons feel, actually). I have also had Cooper RS3-S tires and they were a great value if you aren't actually going to tear up tracks and mountain roads.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Conti DW's...best street tire tire out there for fun grip. Just don't go racing because you'll get it from behind with no lube.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
I don't have a GT350 nor am I am expert driver by any means, but I did just go from the PP setup (255/275) to new wheels + MPSS 295/30/19 squared. Obviously going considerably wider all the way around has a lot to do with things, but I can't help but be impressed with the MPSS tires. Road noise, steering feedback, handling, everything is night and day difference. Again, I know it's not really a fair comparison to compare P Zero 255/275 to MPSS 295 squared, but it sure is worlds better.
Not a GT350 owner either, but i went from the shitty pirelli 245's all around on the 19" premium 5 spoke wheels to 265 19 Front and 295 20 Rear MPSS tires. I fricken love them, they are money but really good for DD use.

I can only imagine what 345 or 355 wide rear tires are going to cost for my next car. :frusty:

But yea, MPSS tires were the best purchase for my stock 5.0. Aside from the MGW shifter.

OP
OP
VertMustang98GT

VertMustang98GT

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I really appreciate the responses guys.

I think I'm going to go with MPSS's. I only drive the car on sunny days and I'll be at Ford Nationals/Mustang Week so if I do get caught in rain they'll work great.

I won't be able to rotate them so the tread life will suffer but I'm thinking I can get at least two seasons out of them if I put on roughly ~5,000 mi's a year. When I'm driving to Mustang Week I'll be able to put my stock Pirelli's on so that'll save some life of the tires as well.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
VertMustang98GT

VertMustang98GT

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
The Super Sports are in!

Hopefully they'll be on the car by the end of the week.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I have consistently datalogged over 1.2 lateral g's with the 285/35-18 MPSS tires that I run HPDE's on (18x11 wheels) once I've brought them up to temperature.. You'll love their rain manners, and the ride quality is surprisingly good given the performance.

They currently have ten track days on them, plus 3000 or so street miles, and though they might be a little past their prime in terms of peak grip they still have life left in them.

The above experience has been good enough that I have invested in MPSS in 265/40-18 for the Mustang's "3-season" street use and in 225/45-18 for my wife's Subie for its "3-season" use.

Norm

OP
OP
VertMustang98GT

VertMustang98GT

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I have consistently datalogged over 1.2 lateral g's with the 285/35-18 MPSS tires that I run HPDE's on (18x11 wheels) once I've brought them up to temperature.. You'll love their rain manners, and the ride quality is surprisingly good given the performance.

They currently have ten track days on them, plus 3000 or so street miles, and though they might be a little past their prime in terms of peak grip they still have life left in them.

The above experience has been good enough that I have invested in MPSS in 265/40-18 for the Mustang's "3-season" street use and in 225/45-18 for my wife's Subie for its "3-season" use.

Norm
I'll be going to "straight line" Track Days for the most part with them (maybe one or two a year) and normal street driving on nice days 95% of the time.

I'll be at Ford Nationals & Mustang Week with them so I may be able to test the water traction then but until then I'll be using them on dry pavement only.

I haven't heard a bad review about them so I'm going to try them out and hope to add to the positive reviews!

OP
OP
VertMustang98GT

VertMustang98GT

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
They're mounted on the car!

Comparison Shot of OEM Wheels & Tires to MPSS & 19x11 Wheels:

OP
OP
VertMustang98GT

VertMustang98GT

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
After driving them on the car through sunny 80 degree weather and rainy 60 degree weather...All I can say is wow!

The rainy 60 degree weather was really what impressed me.

I was on it (not WOT) but accelerating and I didn't have any issues like before.

I'm looking for a spare set of two 19x9 stock wheels someone is selling so I can put two MPSS on them so I'll have my stock OEM set of wheels & tires for backup.

100% buying four of these tires for my 1998 Mustang though in the 245/45/17 fashion. They will be far less expensive than my 19 wheel setup, so I'm looking forward to that!
Sponsored