Sponsored

Your opinion on personalized license plates...

Rev68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Considering a personalized plate for my incoming 2022... it'll be Grabber Blue, GT, 6spd. Wife wants to call it "Cookie Monster"... couldn't think of anything with "COOKIE" that wasn't already taken in Texas and anything abbreviated as CK or COOK or KOOK, etc. could be misconstrued, haha. I'd rather not.

So I figured out a combo that involves my last name/family name (which my wife shares with me) and I kind want to take the opportunity to get it while it's available. However, I wonder if anyone has concerns about their real name being written on their car/plate? Car will be garaged and not daily driven, if that matters. I don't plan on driving stupid and there's absolutely no manner in which a Grabber Blue car is going to be subtle. It'll be visible, custom plate or not.

Appreciate your feedback.
Do you have kids? If so, I wouldn't put any PII on a plate. A 'bad person' sees you and your family get out of the car, takes note of the last name on the plate, and then can use that to help build trust with a child if they ever have an opportunity to approach that child.

ARAMP1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
I had BAMF on my Harley for a while. Let me tell you, it's difficult to seem humble when you're pulled over with a plate that says BAMF.

DSC02079.JPG

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I had BAMF on my Harley for a while. Let me tell you, it's difficult to seem humble when you're pulled over with a plate that says BAMF.

Bourbon And Mezcal Forever.
Why couldn't you seem humble

Sponsored

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
In Queensland , Australia you own the plate for life and registration costs are the same. My five letters RSPEK were 2,500 AUD. Rare plates that date back like heritage plate numbers can sell for over $100 grand….😢
Your government just wants to make sure that you can't afford to buy a firearm.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Considering a personalized plate for my incoming 2022... it'll be Grabber Blue, GT, 6spd. Wife wants to call it "Cookie Monster"... couldn't think of anything with "COOKIE" that wasn't already taken in Texas and anything abbreviated as CK or COOK or KOOK, etc. could be misconstrued, haha. I'd rather not.

So I figured out a combo that involves my last name/family name (which my wife shares with me) and I kind want to take the opportunity to get it while it's available. However, I wonder if anyone has concerns about their real name being written on their car/plate? Car will be garaged and not daily driven, if that matters. I don't plan on driving stupid and there's absolutely no manner in which a Grabber Blue car is going to be subtle. It'll be visible, custom plate or not.

Appreciate your feedback.
taken?
SMURF
GB-S550
GRBRBLW
SIDECHX (WIVE'S CALL THE FUN CAR MISTRESS)
GB-GT

smokescreens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
2014 impala, 2017 HD. 2018 Royal C mustang gt pp1
Im against personalized plates for the sole purpose of if your being naughty on the road a personalized plate is way easier to remember than some random letters and numbers.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Im against personalized plates for the sole purpose of if your being naughty on the road a personalized plate is way easier to remember than some random letters and numbers.
With the number of people with driving cameras I'm not worried.

smokescreens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
2014 impala, 2017 HD. 2018 Royal C mustang gt pp1
With the number of people with driving cameras I'm not worried.
You know, that is a valid point. More and more are running cameras but i still dont see them in the masses just yet.

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
Who needs to worry about personalized tags when I own an Arrest Me Twister Orange car…I won’t be too hard find.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0