Sponsored

Your opinion on personalized license plates...

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
Not giving the Cali DMV one extra cent. 700 dollar annual registration is enough.
Wow! I'm glad that tag renewal is only $41 here where I live in TN and a specialty tag is an additional $50. Let's go Pens!
Sponsored

Millarduck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT; 2016 Jeep GC Limited; 2014 Honda Accord Touring; former 1966 Mustang Coupe- Sprint Edition
So my wife got a me a vanity tag for my birthday. She tried to get my initials (JBM) with "Pony" and subsequent use of the letters "jbmpony" was deemed offensive by the Delaware DMV:

After a thorough review of your online vanity plate reservation for vanity plate JBMPONY, your request contains obscenity, vulgarity, profanity, hate speech, or fighting words. Your request is prohibited based upon Section 1 of regulation 2285 of title 2 of the Delaware Administrative Code; therefore, your reservation has been denied.

She asked for clarification, and this was the reply:

Per the review panel, JBMPONY was considered possible vulgar meaning.

You are welcome to try to submit a request for a different vanity tag online.

Maybe I am missing something, any guesses? Ended up with JMSTANG.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Hmmmm, Just Beat My Pony comes to mind.

So my wife got a me a vanity tag for my birthday. She tried to get my initials (JBM) with "Pony" and subsequent use of the letters "jbmpony" was deemed offensive by the Delaware DMV:

After a thorough review of your online vanity plate reservation for vanity plate JBMPONY, your request contains obscenity, vulgarity, profanity, hate speech, or fighting words. Your request is prohibited based upon Section 1 of regulation 2285 of title 2 of the Delaware Administrative Code; therefore, your reservation has been denied.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
My guess is the person who dealt with your request was a mopar / bow tie kind of guy … :giggle:

WD :like:

Sponsored

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
PHUN ONE.

Also of note, the owner of this Mustang is a gun owner and has an alert sent to his phone when the garage door opens and closes. Good luck!

BEERCHAMP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
When I first bought my 2019 GT/CS, I ordered these plates; GT CS1 (GT CS was taken), but after going to car shows, cars and coffees, etc. I ordered this plate 19GTCS.
I got tired telling everyone what year my car was. 2015-2022 is a long run for a S550, and most non Mustang guys can't tell any of the subtle differences.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Considering a personalized plate for my incoming 2022... it'll be Grabber Blue, GT, 6spd. Wife wants to call it "Cookie Monster"... couldn't think of anything with "COOKIE" that wasn't already taken in Texas and anything abbreviated as CK or COOK or KOOK, etc. could be misconstrued, haha. I'd rather not.

So I figured out a combo that involves my last name/family name (which my wife shares with me) and I kind want to take the opportunity to get it while it's available. However, I wonder if anyone has concerns about their real name being written on their car/plate? Car will be garaged and not daily driven, if that matters. I don't plan on driving stupid and there's absolutely no manner in which a Grabber Blue car is going to be subtle. It'll be visible, custom plate or not.

Appreciate your feedback.
We hy not. Go for it.

Järn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, Ruby Red, A10, B&O, AE
Virginia is $10 extra a year for personalized plates. So my Mustang has “NAA P51D”

My son is not an aviation enthusiast He knew a P51 was a Mustang, but didn’t know they were made by North American Aviation. So he thought I was trying to say it was Not An Actual P51.
Mustang_P51 (2).jpg

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible

Apparently "JBM" is slang for just blow me, so, yeah, I guess they thought that was potentially where you were going with it.

Sponsored

Millarduck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT; 2016 Jeep GC Limited; 2014 Honda Accord Touring; former 1966 Mustang Coupe- Sprint Edition
Apparently "JBM" is slang for just blow me, so, yeah, I guess they thought that was potentially where you were going with it.
Wow, Thank you? Guess I need to remove my intials and monograms.🤣

True story, I had a vanity plate with JBM on it back in the early nineties and would get pulled over for it in Philadelphia while making sales calls. Police told me that it stood for "Junior Black Mafia" which was a gang in North Philadelphia area.

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Explorer ,2019 Impala
My Plate is NOWHINE

OP
OP
ZeroTX

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
OP reporting back.... state finally approved the plate and it's received. The Cookie Monster (who LOVES his cookies) is finalized.

1659878849278.png

1659878888660.png

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
PXL_20220807_131242851.PORTRAIT.jpg

Got this last week.
Sponsored