Sponsored

Your opinion on personalized license plates...

RSPEK 178

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
MY20 Mustang R Spec
In Queensland , Australia you own the plate for life and registration costs are the same. My five letters RSPEK were 2,500 AUD. Rare plates that date back like heritage plate numbers can sell for over $100 grand….😢
Sponsored

OP
OP
ZeroTX

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
In Queensland , Australia you own the plate for life and registration costs are the same. My five letters RSPEK were 2,500 AUD. Rare plates that date back like heritage plate numbers can sell for over $100 grand….😢
Holy cow, wow. In Texas I have to pay $99 a year to keep the plates for a 5-year term. I get first renewal dibs, but if I stop paying, I don't get to keep it. So this silly plate is costing me $500. I've never done one before, but I'm 46, so I guess this is a mid-life crisis situation. Hehe. Basically I'm planning out the rest of my year around car events :p

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Holy cow, wow. In Texas I have to pay $99 a year to keep the plates for a 5-year term. I get first renewal dibs, but if I stop paying, I don't get to keep it. So this silly plate is costing me $500. I've never done one before, but I'm 46, so I guess this is a mid-life crisis situation. Hehe. Basically I'm planning out the rest of my year around car events :p
I guess I'm in a similar boat and the midlife crisis hit me at 29yo? :giggle:

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
Made a decision :) Decided against putting my last name on the plate. Going with the car's theme. Yes, Texas personalized plates are stupid expensive.

Screen Shot 2022-01-24 at 8.04.22 PM.png
Nice. I was thinking about suggesting "COOKIE" as in a short hand version / nick name they use for Cookie Monster. I didn't realize that Texas allows a graphic without consuming one of the 7 letters. Could have also made "COOKIE M" with that graphic. But I think you scored an awesome plate with Cookie Monster's "for the love of cookies".

You'll have to let us know how easily people make the leap to Cookie Monster when they see the color of your car.

Sponsored

rapidredroush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Roush Rapid Red Mustang GT
I just received mine and installed them on the car right before I dropped it off for the Whipple install. No pics on the car yet sorry. I went with "ITZ ENUF" of course for all of us gearheads it has one meaning which after fuel system and Whipple it will for sure meet that title. But to be honest the true meaning is much closer to the heart. (Sad story coming, sorry guys) This car was purchased in March of last year by my wife for my birthday as a surprise (yes indeed i have an amazing wife) and she also included my father in the finding of the car and also having him help with test drive and overall surprise. When they were finalizing the deal at the dealership my wife and salesperson were talking about the car and my wife said "I hope this is enough for him", the salesperson then responded with "Are you kidding of course it will be enough", well my father being a gearhead said to them both "It will never be enough" My father was there the day my wife surprised me with the car, he even handed me the keys, but we unfortunately lost him late last year, so in honor of my father, "ITZ ENUF"!! For sure worth every penny Texas is charging me for it.

1643228501273.png

MIDLYFE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
I just received mine and installed them on the car right before I dropped it off for the Whipple install. No pics on the car yet sorry. I went with "ITZ ENUF" of course for all of us gearheads it has one meaning which after fuel system and Whipple it will for sure meet that title. But to be honest the true meaning is much closer to the heart. (Sad story coming, sorry guys) This car was purchased in March of last year by my wife for my birthday as a surprise (yes indeed i have an amazing wife) and she also included my father in the finding of the car and also having him help with test drive and overall surprise. When they were finalizing the deal at the dealership my wife and salesperson were talking about the car and my wife said "I hope this is enough for him", the salesperson then responded with "Are you kidding of course it will be enough", well my father being a gearhead said to them both "It will never be enough" My father was there the day my wife surprised me with the car, he even handed me the keys, but we unfortunately lost him late last year, so in honor of my father, "ITZ ENUF"!! For sure worth every penny Texas is charging me for it.

1643228501273.png
Cool plate and great story behind it (wiping the tears as I type). May your father Rest In Peace.

Joe Mac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT 350
To me, a license plate is a fun way of playing psychological games. Too many custom plates don't make sense or seem to try too hard. And the last thing I want to do is be provoking or get myself into trouble but if you do it right, you can really make heads spin or people wonder. The plates on my cars all interconnect. You would only understand my Mustang plate once I pulled away from you on a twisty road if you were following.
Nice. I was thinking about suggesting "COOKIE" as in a short hand version / nick name they use for Cookie Monster. I didn't realize that Texas allows a graphic without consuming one of the 7 letters. Could have also made "COOKIE M" with that graphic. But I think you scored an awesome plate with Cookie Monster's "for the love of cookies".

You'll have to let us know how easily people make the leap to Cookie Monster when they see the color of your car.

Attachments

TXAG96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21Bronco,'20Bullitt,'01Boxster,'87Tbird-Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't Renew my personalized plates for my '87 T-Bird $500+fees for 5 years.
'BRDZWRD'
I figured I had 5 years of fun with the plate and considering I only took the car to about 3 local shows, and about a dozen cruise ins per year. The cost per mile far outweighs the cost per smile.
So I ended up getting a Texas "Classic Auto" plate no extra cost above the regular registration.

I still have my "BRDZWRD" plates and can put them on for the Shows

Sponsored
OP
OP
ZeroTX

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I still have my "BRDZWRD" plates and can put them on for the Shows
For those who want to do this option cheaper, there are Etsy sellers who will make ANY license plate for you. Obviously you can't run on the street with the novelty plates, but they look about 95% the same as a real one.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
No personal tags for me if I cut you off or piss you off I would prefer you struggle to recall my random plate number :)

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
I’m still not sure how much my personalized plates are going to cost me. After three years of trying, looks like I’m going to have to spend a little bit more.

3784EA34-A307-4205-AA37-6A5840B59AD0.jpeg

27680859-CECB-4068-9A26-B6ED73601DF8.jpeg

MIDLYFE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
In Jersey you need a clean record to have them. The law knows this and unless you're doing something stupid or dangerous they leave you alone. If you're an aggressive impatient driver in traffic personalized plates probably aren't for you. I'm a respectful and patient driver..... who likes to nail it when no one's watching.