Sponsored

Your opinion on personalized license plates...

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
CK MSTR, what could go wrong?
Maybe dropping the space for a 'Y' could limit the ways it could go wrong:

CKYMSTR

The one I wanted is already taken in my state. There are a few alternatives that might be OK... but not sure it is worth giving up my randomly assigned but very close to something that would never get approved as a custom plate for just an alternate option.
Sponsored

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Maybe dropping the space for a 'Y' could limit the ways it could go wrong:

CKYMSTR

The one I wanted is already taken in my state. There are a few alternatives that might be OK... but not sure it is worth giving up my randomly assigned but very close to something that would never get approved as a custom plate for just an alternate option.
Cocky mister? :crackup: :crackup:

websterzx10r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt PP 6 spd
Mines says GTTYUP. I like to see people trying to read it then by the time they figure it out it's time to put the spur's in the beast and take off. The look and smile on there face once they figure it out make's me smile with happiness of chosen a great car with a plate that makes people smile.

Last edited:

Bugs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 1965 Mustang Fastback Restomod in GT350 livery
Speaking of taking a while to figure it out: 2QAYL.

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
Cocky mister? :crackup: :crackup:
Limit...not eliminate. Still plenty of ways it could go South.

Could also try using an 'N' to kill the 'master' interpretation:

CKMNSTR

...but still quite a bit of leeway.

Dropping the 'K' for a space opens up a lot more reasons for the DMV to reject it:

C MNSTR

Sponsored

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
Limit...not eliminate. Still plenty of ways it could go South.

Could also try using an 'N' to kill the 'master' interpretation:

CKMNSTR

...but still quite a bit of leeway.

Dropping the 'K' for a space opens up a lot more reasons for the DMV to reject it:

C MNSTR
Cock minister. Like a priest, eh?

Prefo20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 and 2022 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Considering a personalized plate for my incoming 2022... it'll be Grabber Blue, GT, 6spd. Wife wants to call it "Cookie Monster"... couldn't think of anything with "COOKIE" that wasn't already taken in Texas and anything abbreviated as CK or COOK or KOOK, etc. could be misconstrued, haha. I'd rather not.

So I figured out a combo that involves my last name/family name (which my wife shares with me) and I kind want to take the opportunity to get it while it's available. However, I wonder if anyone has concerns about their real name being written on their car/plate? Car will be garaged and not daily driven, if that matters. I don't plan on driving stupid and there's absolutely no manner in which a Grabber Blue car is going to be subtle. It'll be visible, custom plate or not.

Appreciate your feedback.
I've always had one, but it means something to me and I could care less if anyone figures it out. Go with what you like brother, it's all good.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
OP, if I was going to go custom, I would do 7 letters/numbers that don't flow well together. Reason being, it's a hell of a lot harder for someone to get your plate and report it when it's 8MH06U5....not saying I have a reason to get my plates called in, but I'd rather make it harder than a normal plate HAHA

TXAG96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21Bronco,'20Bullitt,'01Boxster,'87Tbird-Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Its hard to justify the expense but it is fun.
tempImageCD1bfW.jpg

As for having your name on there I seriously doubt its going to be an issue....unless you constantly piss people off while driving or park like an ass hat.

Last edited:

Sponsored

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
I'm a fan, as they allow for a bit of fun with the car.....

My wife has a '67 Camaro SS396 clone with the plate "UNREAL" for a bit of play on words, as a common question is whether it's a legit big block SS.

I re-used the plate from my ex-Bondurant school Mustang when I brought #14 home from the Ford Performance Racing School. ...

XPELD.jpg

And since #14 has become known as the Rented Mule now, I have this on order.....

RNTD MUL.JPG

And, here's my LS7 powered '73 Z28...

LWYR UP Plate.jpg
Wow questions so you can buy those GT"s at the school? guess so love the plate. You must be a fan of Better Call Saul!!!! or a lawyer or both!
Sponsored