Sponsored

You WILL NOT see this car ar Mustang Week this year!

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
DSC_1033.jpg

As it is in the process of transformation. Its in pieces right now, but here is a sneak preview of whats changing......

Caliper.jpg

Build-11.jpg

Build-12.jpg

Build-20.jpg

Build-13.jpg

Build-23.jpg

Build-22.jpg

Build-21.jpg

April 1st is my target completion date. Stayed tuned!
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Retro Cragars!!

:like:

OP
OP
MX5Racer

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Retro Cragars!!

Yup! I'm working on a complete makeover. As best I can with whats available, I'm trying to make how the S550 would look if sold in 1973, complete with a whole lot of chrome, era relevant colors and 2-tone seats. Would like to get some raised white letter rubber, but it just ain't available. I may skip the shag carpet too, though!

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Yup! I'm working on a complete makeover. As best I can with whats available, I'm trying to make how the S550 would look if sold in 1973, complete with a whole lot of chrome, era relevant colors and 2-tone seats. Would like to get some raised white letter rubber, but it just ain't available. I may skip the shag carpet too, though!
I see that Cragar finally made a second subline for the SS that goes up to 17x9.

I am assuming you are using those?

OP
OP
MX5Racer

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible

Sponsored

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase

Sabre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2023 Mach 1 with Handling Package
Retro Cragars!!

I had Cragar Keystone Classics on my 70 Mach 1....back in the mid to late 70's. They really looked sharp on that car! This was so long ago, we called them rims instead of wheels...as in "Yeah...I'm gonna put a set of Cragar rims on it next week!" LOL

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Retro Cragars!!

Never have understood the Cragar love? I did see a set of Cragars centered reverse rim width 10"

That was a good-looking wheel, not one I'd use but was nice.

g.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MX5Racer

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Never have understood the Cragar love? I did see a set of Cragars centered reverse rim width 10"

That was a good-looking wheel, not one I'd use but was nice.

g.
Back in the '70's there wasn't the wide selection we have available today. Cragars were widely available and reasonably priced. So it was mostly stock or Cragars. Pretty much the foundation of what all 5-spoke designs were built on.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Back in the '70's there wasn't the wide selection we have available today. Cragars were widely available and reasonably priced. So it was mostly stock or Cragars. Pretty much the foundation of what all 5-spoke designs were built on.
What came first American Mag or Cragars, I think American Mag was the org 5 spoke

Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Say WHATTTT, Don't Skip The Shag, Man. Can't wait to see the finished product

OP
OP
MX5Racer

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I think American mag as they were magnesium. Alloy came later.
"Until the 1960’s, wheels on street rodders were improvised by customizing caps and trim rings from the original equipment to give a more custom and edgy look.

Roy Richter, founder of Cragar, designed, developed and tested performance wheels for almost two years before announcing the release of the S/S Super Sport 5 spoke wheel in 1964."

I don't have any history, or memory of, American Mag. Most likely out of budget for my circle. Cragars, on the otherhand, were everywhere.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
I want to find a set of these in 19" that fit our cars.
wheel gt.jpg

GT lettering optional.
Sponsored