You will never guess what I just did...

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
No, don’t worry – I haven’t crashed :)

After much (too much) deliberation, I have made a big decision….

I HAVE ORDERED A V8!!!

Pretty much the same spec;
Old man magnetic
Manual fastback
Black int
This time I’m adding the sat nav/audio

Words can’t express how exciting this is for me! It’s a personal choice & one that wasn’t easy – mainly because of the cost, but the deal is done. Deposit is down & I now start the agonising wait once again!

I just want to take a moment to talk about how fucking epic the experience has been so far. It’s not just driving the car, but the people, the forum, the meets, the adventures, the photos, the modding…every aspect is addictive and I just adore everything about it :) There is a lot to ownership that I guess I didn’t expect and that is what has led me to my decision. See the thing is - after learning how easy a V8 is to live with, I thought to myself “you know what, I could live with that too” and don’t get me wrong, at the time I ordered, the EB was the right choice for me and I’m glad I went for it. Almost definitely wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for that engine option. It’s in this experience though that I have realised that for me, the V8 really does make the car, so that’s what I’m going to have. In all honesty, as awesome as the EB is, and it is truly an awesome machine, it does feel like there is something missing.

Why not the MY18 I hear you ask? Well, put simply, the car I have now is the one I fell in love with, from the moment I put that deposit down, it’s all I could think about, it’s all I could look at and that’s important to me. It’s the “original” RHD Mustang and there is nothing I would rather have, even if the my18 is “better” and I’m sure it will be in many ways.

Anyway, I’ll shut up about it now – just wanted to share this with you all :D I look forward to delivery day once again, and I’m thankful that this time I will have the Manders checklist!

Cheers
Sponsored

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
Welcome to the dark side :D

I was looking at Auto trader yesterday. There were loads of V8s up for sale. Don't fancy jumping the queue?

Guess they are similar price to new and you have your current Mustang to enjoy the wait in.

Enjoy.

Artill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Manual Guard GT convertible
Excellent news, you wont regret it, and if anyone who doesnt know Mustangs mentions fuel economy, point out the road tax is half the price on the new one. Tell them the V8 saves you money!!

Enjoy the wait, it wont be nearly so bad when you have a Mustang on the drive already

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Ooooooooooooo! I shall join you in the v8 club with the 2021's!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Welcome to the dark side :D

I was looking at Auto trader yesterday. There were loads of V8s up for sale. Don't fancy jumping the queue?

Guess they are similar price to new and you have your current Mustang to enjoy the wait in.

Enjoy.
Well...Karen @ Ford did find one - I emailed her on the back of the "quick sale" post a few days back. With all the extras and stripes it was bang on £40k. It's up for grabs if anyone knows anyone who is interested! In Essex.

Anyway, I need the wait time to save the deposit and sell the Ecoboost privately, it's the only way I can afford it lol

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
The way yours looks now, lowered and spacered, it'll sell in a heartbeat :)
Psstt... I'll take the grilles, and shift knob ;)! :lol:

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
The way yours looks now, lowered and spacered, it'll sell in a heartbeat :)
Thanks TT...I hope so! I will keep all the bits on, to much hassle to take them off...and like you say will be more appealing to a buyer :ford:

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
You know it makes sense :D
Congrats, and "Go! Magnetic!"

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Now you can join the noisy club. :D

NornIron91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Congrats man, the only bad thing is that you still went with the slowest colour ;) It will still be slightly faster than Manders though :)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats man, the only bad thing is that you still went with the slowest colour ;) It will still be slightly faster than Manders though :)
OMM V8 < RR EB. By about 10 driver skill and speed points ;)!

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Congrats mate, at least the wait won't be so bad as you have one to play with :D
Out of interest what sort of delivery time you looking at?
Sponsored