Sponsored

"You scratched his wheels bro." - Ford service dash cam

kart3l

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Mustang Ecoboost PP
Dropped my car off for oil change on Friday at the Ford dealership nearby.

Noticed the curb rash today (3 days later) about 7 miles after. I didn't drive over the weekend, and all left hand turns from the dealer to my house, so no way in hell I did it. Luckily I caught it on the dash cam.

As a bonus - these knuckleheads put so much air in my tires, it was reading 40PSI at 37 degrees. It was perfectly 33PSI when I took it in.
3IB8CYQ.jpeg

dvzSRVE.jpeg

(00:39 is the impact with the lift)

I just left a voice mail with the service manager.

I also don't know what the hell they were doing here. Did they lift the front up and not the rear? And then realized it?

They also could not get the car to reverse for several attempts. Not sure what is happening here either. Playlist below where they lift the car up and work on the lugnuts.

Sponsored

Last edited:

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Good thing you had the dash cam

what cam is this?

Last edited:
OP
OP

kart3l

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Mustang Ecoboost PP
Dealer monkeys. Car cams were made for these guys. He hit that wheel hard.
Good thing you had the dash cam
It is BlackVue DR900X

So, what now? What happened with the lifting? They lifted it first and then brought it down. I thought the rear was not lifting.

They also could not reverse it, blaming it on the frozen brakes. Which was strange. Then lifted the car up to work on the lug nuts.

Last edited:

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
These guys look like they've never done an oil change before. 🙈🙉🙊

OP
OP

kart3l

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Mustang Ecoboost PP
Does anyone know why my car couldn't back up? It was stuck.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Every chance in the world it was stuck on a part of the lift or something they were completely unaware of.

Learn to do your own oil change and never deal with this kind of thing again. I don’t bring my car in unless I absolutely have no choice.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Do you have a problem driving your car in reverse? I'm betting these dummies couldn't figure out the reverse lockout on the shifter.

Sponsored

Duece McCracken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon, 2019 Bullitt
Do you have a problem driving your car in reverse? I'm betting these dummies couldn't figure out the reverse lockout on the shifter.
Sadly, quite common in the "mechanic" world, lol

OP
OP

kart3l

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'Mustang Ecoboost PP
Every chance in the world it was stuck on a part of the lift or something they were completely unaware of.

Learn to do your own oil change and never deal with this kind of thing again. I don’t bring my car in unless I absolutely have no choice.
Appreciate it. I live in an apartment, so I really don't know where to go. I have a dealer that I really trust, and always took it there except this one time! These knuckleheads is 3 miles away from me, so I was in a hurry and took it there one time. They overcharged me for 2 oil changes, so I offered them to give me a free oil change if refunding seemed to be a hassle. What a mistake.

Not really sure - but I think they lifted the front of the car first, without lifting the rear first. Not sure if that played a role in something getting stuck. That is the second video.

AND, no. I have 0 problems getting into reverse in any temperature.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Appreciate it. I live in an apartment, so I really don't know where to go. I have a dealer that I really trust, and always took it there except this one time! These knuckleheads is 3 miles away from me, so I was in a hurry and took it there one time. They overcharged me for 2 oil changes, so I offered them to give me a free oil change if refunding seemed to be a hassle. What a mistake.

Not really sure - but I think they lifted the front of the car first, without lifting the rear first. Not sure if that played a role in something getting stuck. That is the second video.

AND, no. I have 0 problems getting into reverse in any temperature.
I am confident that it was just thier inexpierence and there was nothing wrong with your car.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
Maybe some apprentices :giggle:
Sponsored