"You scratched his wheels bro." - Ford service dash cam

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
This is why I cringe every time I hear it suggested missing chips be installed at the dealership once available.
Sponsored

Stangomydreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Cali Special Convertible
Stuff happens in the service industry because it's piece work and most of these techs are just scan tool guys with 1 or 2 senior techs- just reality. I've had damage done in sunbaru, gmc, honda and chev dealers. The good ones will own up to it and make it right (most have contracts with pdr shops). The bad ones will lie, argue, lose customers and get bad on line reviews over it. As said take phone vid on drop off. At least it is some protection. If you have the tools and shop and can diy it's almost always safer.

jmargo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 EcoBoost convertible
Dashcams become a double edge sword with stuff like this. It's great to catch them doing damage or taking it out for a joyride but some are getting smarter and request you remove it from your car prior to service or can just cover it. Then its back to before and after video's to prove condition and tracking via the Ford Pass app.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Dashcams become a double edge sword with stuff like this. It's great to catch them doing damage or taking it out for a joyride but some are getting smarter and request you remove it from your car prior to service or can just cover it. Then its back to before and after video's to prove condition and tracking via the Ford Pass app.
If they ask to remove the dash cam, I would tell them to pound salt and go somewhere else.

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase
More evidence to not take your car to the dealer lol
Agreed. Folks say "I take it to the dealer so I get better quality work." Uh, no.

Sponsored

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Wouldn’t taking your car to a different place for an oil change or doing it yourself void the warranty ?
Different place, no. DIY, maybe. If you have an oil-related problem, you have no proof the oil was changed.

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It's called receipts! You can also request an oil analysis. Many ways to prove the maintenance was done.
A receipt only shows oil was purchased. Doesn't say where it went.

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
In my experience, we only go down the road of questioning oil service records or possibly denying coverage if there is concrete evidence, like severe sludge build up. If a car comes in with a rod knock or something, we assume it’s covered until we see something obvious where we have to question it. You can tell if there’s neglect or not, it’s not difficult.

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
Unless you know the person working on your car at a really good level, I would never take my car anywhere. If I do, I stand there and watch.

Im fortunate enough to know the master tech at my local dealership and he takes great care/pride and sometimes pops over to my place to help me out on my ride on his days off. Otherwise, I just work on it myself.

The dealership even have allowed me to work on my car with their techs after they got insurance approval and I brought my PPE. Legendary service.

Sorry to hear you are having to deal with this crap. It's the worst when they fight back like you are lying.

20210828_085303.jpg

Sponsored

Robert3487

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Never take your car to the dealership for just an oil change. When I worked at a chevy dealership I seen the techs there drop 2 cars off the lift while it was in the air. Ive seen them leave oil caps off, not tighten oil filters and the customer came back low oil and oil all over the back of the car. I always advise people not to take their car to a dealership or quick lube place for something that simple. If those were their actual mechanics in the shop definitely start looking for a new dealership lol.

Robert3487

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Just received a call from one of the stone cold/borderline rude service reps.

"Since we don't have any pictures of your car before, we are going to go ahead and repair your wheel. There is no way it happened in our shop as we don't have side walks, or any of that."

"Are you sure?" I said.

"Yes. There is no way it happened here. But like I said, we are going to go ahead and fix your wheel."

"So, the mechanics who worked on my car did not report any damage?"

"No. Like I said, my manager would tell you the same thing but we don't have side walks or anything like that to scratch your wheel."

I told her that I have an appointment at another dealership on Friday to get my car inspected, because there is damage and that I would stop by later.

I guess they are in for a shock after they see the footage. Bunch of non-honest amateurs.

I will

1.) Request the wheel to be replaced, balanced, and alignment.
2.) Do a full inspection of the underbody of the car. Those morons kept going back and forth with grinding sounds coming from underneath the car.

Just curious, maybe there is a legal reason for it but why didnt you tell the person on the phone you have everything on video? I feel like that would have taken his attitude down a bit and probably made him more apologetic.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Never take your car to the dealership for just an oil change. When I worked at a chevy dealership I seen the techs there drop 2 cars off the lift while it was in the air. Ive seen them leave oil caps off, not tighten oil filters and the customer came back low oil and oil all over the back of the car. I always advise people not to take their car to a dealership or quick lube place for something that simple. If those were their actual mechanics in the shop definitely start looking for a new dealership lol.
If you do have to, bring donuts or pizza. Your car has a much lower chance of being messed up that way, lol. Plus the techs love it, since yeah they can afford to get lunch, but especially today with how much work there is to do, they never have time.

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
Just received a call from one of the stone cold/borderline rude service reps.

"Since we don't have any pictures of your car before, we are going to go ahead and repair your wheel. There is no way it happened in our shop as we don't have side walks, or any of that."

"Are you sure?" I said.

"Yes. There is no way it happened here. But like I said, we are going to go ahead and fix your wheel."

"So, the mechanics who worked on my car did not report any damage?"

"No. Like I said, my manager would tell you the same thing but we don't have side walks or anything like that to scratch your wheel."

I told her that I have an appointment at another dealership on Friday to get my car inspected, because there is damage and that I would stop by later.

I guess they are in for a shock after they see the footage. Bunch of non-honest amateurs.

I will

1.) Request the wheel to be replaced, balanced, and alignment.
2.) Do a full inspection of the underbody of the car. Those morons kept going back and forth with grinding sounds coming from underneath the car.
So what ever happened with this?